PA 6A Final: Pine-Richland 41 St. Joe's Prep 21

MA Fan

45 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If Ben Davis is in the T25, then P-R now has to be. Both play an effortless, less than stellar schedule, but should absolutely be rewarded for going undefeated with very few close games all season. P-R will be my #25 team this week. 

Why does PR have to be if BD is? The 2 arent connected in any way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Why does PR have to be if BD is? The 2 arent connected in any way.

Not that I don't think P-R is good. I just know you NJ guys consider PA an extension of yourselves, you'll give them the benefit of the doubt every time.

Im making a poll myself since its close to the end of the year... Not sure where Im going to have PR yet... Definitely top 45 or so, just not sure how high yet.

49 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Not that I don't think P-R is good. I just know you NJ guys consider PA an extension of yourselves, you'll give them the benefit of the doubt every time.

Im making a poll myself since its close to the end of the year... Not sure where Im going to have PR yet... Definitely top 45 or so, just not sure how high yet.

Ok I’m not trying to be a dick with this Q but can you list all the teams in Georgia that could beat sjp by 20? 

52 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Suggest that you hold off on your poll until the Tiers come out so you have a guide

3 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Ok I’m not trying to be a dick with this Q but can you list all the teams in Georgia that could beat sjp by 20? 

By 20?

Potentially, teams that are good enough to do it are Colquitt, North Gwinnett, Rome, Grayson, Lowndes and maybe Brookwook/Tift.... Archer is up there with those teams but they dont have the offense to beat SJP by 20.

Im saying those 7 are good enough to do. Im not saying they would if they played SJP next week, Im saying they are good enough to do it.

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SJP only beat SPP by 7. BC trounced SPP. MD trounced BC. 

Therefore, NJ and PA don't serve T25 rankings IMO. 

Quite the daisy chain. 

MD trounced sjb. MD trounces every team in the country not named img not sure that’s a great barometer. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

By 20?

Potentially, teams that are good enough to do it are Colquitt, North Gwinnett, Rome, Grayson, Lowndes and maybe Brookwook/Tift.... Archer is up there with those teams but they dont have the offense to beat SJP by 20.

Im saying those 7 are good enough to do. Im not saying they would if they played SJP next week, Im saying they are good enough to do it.

Colquitt didn’t even beat vista murrieta by 20. Sjp bends over VM. I’m sure a team or 2 in GA could beat them 20 but it would have to snowball for sjp like it did yesterday. 

13 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Colquitt didn’t even beat vista murrieta by 20. Sjp bends over VM. I’m sure a team or 2 in GA could beat them 20 but it would have to snowball for sjp like it did yesterday. 

Im talking RIGHT NOW.

Colquitt also lost to Brookwood by 17 earlier in the season... They beat them by 17 last week.

Colquitt barely beat Norcross by 3 early in the season also and they arent even ranked as high as Vista M.

Im talking NOW. Not in August.

You clearly dont know Colquitts & Rush Propsts history.

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Im talking RIGHT NOW.

Colquitt also lost to Brookwood by 17 earlier in the season... They beat them by 17 last week.

Colquitt barely beat Norcross by 3 early in the season also and they arent even ranked as high as Vista M.

Im talking NOW. Not in August.

You clearly dont know Colquitts & Rush Propsts history.

So is this the dls hyper improvement theory? 

Just bc PR won by 20 doesn’t mean sjp is some chump squad. 

I still think Lowndes was the best team in GA. They just fell asleep and thought they had McEachern in the bag.

They were up 31-14 in the 4th, and controlled the 1st 40 minutes of the game.

Hell, North Gwinnett is in the State Title game, and them and McEachern went back & forth a lot of the game. It was very impressive North Gwinnett turned the ball over 4 times and still won by 17 though.

But North Gwinnett didnt really take control of the McEachern game til the final 3 minutes...

Lowndes was dominanting McEachern from the get-go. They just let off the pedal too soon.

If anyone could... Itd be Lowndes 1st and foremost.

5 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

So is this the dls hyper improvement theory? 

Just bc PR won by 20 doesn’t mean sjp is some chump squad. 

You do realize the entire reason for the regular season is to improve for the playoffs.

Teams only really get 2-3 full pad weeks to prepare for the season..

I guess beating the same team by 17, they lost to by 17 earlier has nothing to do with improving..

Some offensive & defensive schemes take longer to learn... You dont think teams get better after playing together 12-13 games from game 1 and 2?

Go back and look at Colquitts last 9 years... They lose 2-3 games in the regular season they shouldnt most years and then they turn it on in the playoffs?

If you dont mind me asking.... How long have you been watching football HSFB, nationally or at all? You dont seem to know very much.

Colquitt never wouldve beaten Walton, Archer, and Brookwood all in a row on the road without massive improvement from early on.

And NO TEAM, improves as much as Rush Propst led teams over the course of a season.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You do realize the entire reason for the regular season is to improve for the playoffs.

Teams only really get 2-3 full pad weeks to prepare for the season..

I guess beating the same team by 17, they lost to by 17 earlier has nothing to do with improving..

Some offensive & defensive schemes take longer to learn... You dont think teams get better after playing together 12-13 games from game 1 and 2?

Go back and look at Colquitts last 9 years... They lose 2-3 games in the regular season they shouldnt most years and then they turn it on in the playoffs?

If you dont mind me asking.... How long have you been watching football HSFB, nationally or at all? You dont seem to know very much.

Colquitt never wouldve beaten Walton, Archer, and Brookwood all in a row on the road without massive improvement from early on.

And NO TEAM, improves as much as Rush Propst led teams over the course of a season.

Notice I said no team improves as much as a Rush Propst led team over the course of the season. That means it wouldnt happen just at Colquitt. It means if Rush went anywhere, no matter how good they were to start.... By playoff time theyd be a well-oiled Championship machine. Rush Propst is without a doubt one of the best coaches on the planet.

1 minute ago, Omaha Vol said:

MD would trounce every team in the top 25 except IMG

P-R and BC BOTH deserve top 25 billing. 

Mater Dei is most definitely a cut above everyone but IMG...

But Id like to see Mater Dei play a select few teams with very good Ds...

Allen, AHP, Miami Northwestern, yes.. Colquitt... Now Colquitt, not August Colquitt... Archer (I dont think Archer wins, but Archer has the best defense Ive seen all year).. Ben Davis... SFA...  Im going to throw Rome in for the sole reason I think Rome has one of the best DLs in America... Led by 5* OLB Adam Anderson...

I just want to see how Mater Dei handles teams like these 8... MD probably handles them all pretty easily... But a team with a great DL may match up just right with Mater Dei and make them really work for it.

Mater Dei is as clear a #1 team as weve had in years.