GEICO Bowl Games

ECHS05

1 hour ago, Guccifer said:

You're the guy who predicted, in October, three teams that could be Georgia 3A champion.

None of those three teams actually won the championship.

But you still claimed that you called it right!

xD

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.macon.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/bill-shanks/article188967099.html

And Peach Co., the team I had 1st of the 3, should've won the football game.

Read the article, theres pictures, video, and other refs agreeing the call that screwed Peach Co. was most definitely a catch and a TD.

2 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

So now you're overturning results that you don't like?

Does it get any more pathetic?

Every article you read disputes this call.

Theres multiple videos on youtube disputing it.

Its an obvious missed call.

Theres an effort to get the call overturned, and its possible this call becomes the beginning of Instant Replay in GA HSFB State Championships.

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

I don't care.

A team won and a team lost.

You picked three teams.

None of them won the championship.

You were wrong.

Yet you claim you called it.

You're delusional.

It aint over yet.

The team I picked was admittedly robbed. Was I suppose to anticipate a missed ref call being the reason a different team won?

Who cares if you dont care? You are wrong like literally every single time you speak.

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

The team I picked was admittedly robbed. Was I suppose to anticipate a missed ref call being the reason a different team won?

You're such a liar that you actually claim that you picked a team. You didn't. You listed three teams and then none of them won.

You got to pick three teams during the season and still couldn't get it right.

On 10/20/2017 at 7:03 PM, ECHS05 said:

7A - Lowndes / Archer

6A - Lee Co.

5A - Buford / Rome / Stockbridge

4A - Cartersville

3A - Peach / GAC / Cedar Grove

2A - Benedictine... only other team w/ a chance is Hapeville Charter... did you seriously say Heard Co. MHS?????? MAYBE Callaway.

1A - Private - ELCA ... Public - Macon / Irwin

I think you're such a deluded clown that you actually believe that you were right.

You're a sick man.

13 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Geico was going to invite GA but cancelled at the last minute... #toosoon ?

Lol hahshshaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly tho this has to be so mistake or ECHS just fuckin with us. I mean tab and ECHS and his homies have been "educating" us over the last few years about how great and deep their football is. I'm for reals I call bs.  It's a ok.

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Lol hahshshaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly tho this has to be so mistake or ECHS just fuckin with us. I mean tab and ECHS and his homies have been "educating" us over the last few years about how great and deep their football is. I'm for reals I call bs.  It's a ok.

No idea what this even says.

2 hours ago, Guccifer said:

You're such a liar that you actually claim that you picked a team. You didn't. You listed three teams and then none of them won.

You got to pick three teams during the season and still couldn't get it right.

I think you're such a deluded clown that you actually believe that you were right.

You're a sick man.

Go to USATodays sports site... Whats the first thing you see? That call in the Peach Co. vs. Calhoun game...

http://usatodayhss.com

Theres a link... Look at what pops up...

Heres the article that it leads to - http://usatodayhss.com/2017/blown-incomplete-pass-call-peach-county

In fact heres part of the article...

was shaping up as one of Georgia’s games of the year, a pair of talented Class 3A squads battling neck-and-neck for a state title. Trailing 10-6 in a defensive standoff, Peach County mounted a furious offensive drive against Calhoun County in the final four minutes of regulation, then connected on what appeared to be the go-ahead touchdown on a fourth down in the red zone.

There was just one problem: The officials erroneously ruled the catch an incomplete pass, and a would-be 13-10 lead instead remained a 10-6 deficit, which became the eventual final score.

Instead of a game-winning touchdown, Peach County turned the ball over on downs, giving Calhoun County the ball. The Trojans forced Calhoun into a three-and-out and got the ball back with 1:31 remaining, but a sack on the next snap essentially doomed Peach County, which turned over the ball on downs one final time with nine seconds remaining.

You can see the controversial play, a would-be touchdown pass from quarterback Antonio Gilbert to wide receiver Noah Whittington, in the video above and via a second look below. You can also see a still shot of Whittington extending the football across the goal line while still retaining possession below.

The controversy came in whether Whittington had control of the ball before extending across the goal line, but the fact that he took two steps with the ball should have made that deliberation moot.

“That’s the worst call I’ve ever seen,” Peach County coach Chad Campbell told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “To take the game away from the kids like that…who knows, maybe (the Yellow Jackets) come back and score. But you don’t… I better not say anything else.”

Campbell wasn’t alone in his assessment of the call, and outrage about the play was widespread across the state afterward. Within hours a petition for instant replay emerged online. Later Saturday, Peach County principal Ken Hartley told the Macon Telegraph he sent a letter to Georgia High School Athletics president Robin Hines asking for a meeting, where he will presumably advocate for Peach County to be named co-state champions or, potentially, have the game replayed.

“We’re going to plead our case,” Hartley told the Telegraph. “I think we owe it to our kids. I think we owe it to our community. We owe it to our school. I mean I just think we need to fight til we can’t fight no more.

“One positive that’s helping us, too, with our case is that it’s blowing up on social media. I’ve had people calling me from California. It’s going nationwide now … Maybe we’ll get somebody to listen to us.”

Plenty have heard Peach County’s outrage already, and more are sure to in the days to come. The question now is whether the outrage and shock leads to something concrete for Campbell and his players

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If they continue putting the same teams in this event (ie Bingham and Chandler) then this thing won't last too much longer. I know these teams dominate their respective states, so they should look elsewhere until other teams step up their game and challenge those guys.

Problem is a lot of states have declined to join

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If they continue putting the same teams in this event (ie Bingham and Chandler) then this thing won't last too much longer. I know these teams dominate their respective states, so they should look elsewhere until other teams step up their game and challenge those guys.

They are making a mistake not making this a Tripleheader... 

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Problem is a lot of states have declined to join

Youd think theyd be in a hurry to invite the ones that approve it.

They use USATodays rankings... Thats just plain foolish.

Theyve already got...

#9 Bingham UT vs. #12 St. Frances Academy MD

And its looking like 

#5 AH-Plantation FL vs. #23 Chandler

Look at some of these rankings...

4. South Pointe SC

6. Brentwood Academy TN

7. St. Joseph's Prep PA

13. De La Salle CA

16. Wake Forest NC

18. Armwood FL (although they are pretty good, they just lost to MNW)

19. Pearl MS - good team too, just way too high

20. Martinsburg WV - the 2nd most ridiculous ranking Ive seen in 28 years

24. Muskegon MI - im a big fan of Muskegon but this is just nuts...