You heard it here first! The guy who nobody wanted...

ORabidOne

is about to assume a position as wide receiver's coach for the Tennessee Volunteers! Good luck coach! I know that it was your ultimate dream to coach in a Power Five Conference! And the SEC IS the top of the food chain!

My question IS, WHERE are the offers for Nunzio, da STACHE, Sanchez, Logan, Kevin Wright, Aguano, Harriott, Negro, Gambill, Hank Carter, Gary Joseph, and all of the OTHER supposed stud high school coaches around America?

17 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

My question IS, WHERE are the offers for Nunzio, da STACHE, Sanchez, Logan, Kevin Wright, Aguano, Harriott, Negro, Gambill, Hank Carter, Gary Joseph, and all of the OTHER supposed stud high school coaches around America?

Probably plenty of offers but, of course, you never hear about the ones that are turned down.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssports/2010/02/roger-harriott-has-change-of-heart.html

And then...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/college-football/fau-hires-university-school-coach-roger-harriott-assistant-head-coach-running-backs-coach/8wzbpOqfsV8BId9XVraBcL/

28 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

SOOOO, you're telling me that NOBODY ELSE on my list, wants to DOUBLE or TRIPLE their current salary?xDxDxD HELL, the supposed creme of da crop, Sanchez from da BISHOP, was only offered a J O B at a bush leaguer like UNLV!

1 minute ago, ORabidOne said:

SOOOO, you're telling me that NOBODY on my list wants to DOUBLE or TRIPLE their current salary?xDxDxD

I'm saying that it took me exactly zero seconds to prove your initial statement wrong.

Roger Harriott left an FBS job to coach STA.

in fact, that was his second FBS assistant job.

I'm sure the others have been offered, too.

He is getting the job because of his relationship with Pruitt more than anything.  How will Rush like being the guy not making the decisions.  That is always tough.  

I know one coach that will have a full time job whether at a college or the NFL when a former player becomes the HC.  NFL OC and P5 AHC.

18 hours ago, Guccifer said:

I'm saying that it took me exactly zero seconds to prove your initial statement wrong.

Roger Harriott left an FBS job to coach STA.

in fact, that was his second FBS assistant job.

I'm sure the others have been offered, too.

I ain't talking SLIPPER ROCK heah Skippy! POWER FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody on my list of baffoons been offered by the POWER FIVE?

12 hours ago, btango said:

He is getting the job because of his relationship with Pruitt more than anything.  How will Rush like being the guy not making the decisions.  That is always tough.  

I know one coach that will have a full time job whether at a college or the NFL when a former player becomes the HC.  NFL OC and P5 AHC.

With expertise being equal! Most EVERY job in sports is garnered because of relationships! GEEEEZ, WHAT a BOZO! And it doesn't hurt to have been to casual dinners at many Power Five coaches homes, EITHER!

On 12/16/2017 at 11:33 AM, Guccifer said:

Matt Logan from Centennial has turned down multiple college offers as well.

12 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

With expertise being equal! Most EVERY job in sports is garnered because of relationships! GEEEEZ, WHAT a BOZO! And it doesn't hurt to have been to casual dinners at many Power Five coaches homes, EITHER!

"Expertise being equal?"  

P5 job with a large amount of applicants.  Expertise, experience, background, history, et al.

No doubt Rush is a helluva coach especially a high school head football coach but are the leaders at Tennessee going to allow a first time HC to hire a sixty year old high school coach with his back story?  Analyst, may be but full assistant.  I hope so, it makes for a great story but it seems doubtful.

• Like 1