Greater Atlanta Christian @ Prestonwood Christian

TheMaximumHornetSting

13 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

This game will be played in Dallas  on Friday. 

In 2019 Prestonwood will travel out to Atlanta to play GAC

SOOOOOOOOOO, I guess the myth that Georgia don't play OOS powers is quickly being dispelled! The #13 team in all of Tejas, will be hosting the #33 team in Georgia, in 2018! And Prestonwood has only played ONE public school all season! So that tells you that they MAY be stronger than their ranking! Conversely, crappy lil Peach Co. knocked GAC out of the playoffs in 2017!

34 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So peach, cedar grove, calhoun, and gac has some competition now.

They'll win their region outright... 

Their region schedule is this:

@ Savannah 

@ Savannah Johnson 

@ Savannah Beach 

Vs. Islands

Vs. Groves 

Vs. Windsor Forest 

Vs. South Effingham 

Vs Savannah Jenkins 

They'll get #1 seed for sure... 

It'll look like this-

1st Benedictine 

2nd Savannah Jenkins 

3rd Savannah HS 

4th- One of the the rest of the scrub ass schools... 

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

They'll win their region outright... 

Their region schedule is this:

@ Savannah 

@ Savannah Johnson 

@ Savannah Beach 

Vs. Islands

Vs. Groves 

Vs. Windsor Forest 

Vs. South Effingham 

Vs Savannah Jenkins 

They'll get #1 seed for sure... 

It'll look like this-

1st Benedictine 

2nd Savannah Jenkins 

3rd Savannah HS 

4th- One of the the rest of the scrub ass schools... 

Bennie has, for the most part, beaten the tar out of the Savannah schools since the 70's. They were making it to the state semifinals in the largest class. Benedictine always played up. Even in the ancient GIAA Pre 1948 era. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

So peach, cedar grove, calhoun, and gac has some competition now.

Benedictine is a very rich school. And if they' serious, there is nothing to stop them from going after kids from Statesboro to Jacksonville.  GAC apparently has the "Want to." Bennie has the " Can do." 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Recently the GHSA did a Mid-Cycle reclassification 

Benedictine got bumped up to 3A. 

And now the region they are in only leaves them 2 weeks open for non-region games. 

And a majority of their future region opponents belong in AA! They opted to play up, to reduce travel cost!

1 hour ago, JCGIII said:

Benedictine is a very rich school. And if they' serious, there is nothing to stop them from going after kids from Statesboro to Jacksonville.  GAC apparently has the "Want to." Bennie has the " Can do." 

SHIT, I've heard from locals that they get their players from far and wide NOW! Even Lower State Carolina! Their talent pool probably covers a population base of nearly 400,000!

2 hours ago, JCGIII said:

Bennie has, for the most part, beaten the tar out of the Savannah schools since the 70's. They were making it to the state semifinals in the largest class. Benedictine always played up. Even in the ancient GIAA Pre 1948 era. 

What's the reason why they slithered down into the depths of the Bush Leagues? They can be ALL that they can be!:$

32 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Nope. Never have. Catholic school with a  2 year mandatory ROTC requirement. But they do take transfers. The Cadets played in the "Bigs" through 2004. Assuming they get a machine rolling, I doubt they would object to playing up.

What a novelty, a Catholic MILITARY school!

As an aside, in 1996, I saw the greatest defensive battle I've ever seen at Savannah Memorial Stadium, between BC and LOWNDES! It was 14-13 Lowndes! And all four scores were scored DEFENSIVELY!

2 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

What a novelty, a Catholic MILITARY school!

As an aside, in 1996, I saw the greatest defensive battle I've ever seen at Savannah Memorial Stadium, between BC and LOWNDES! It was 15-14 Lowndes! And all four scores were scored DEFENSIVELY!

So ya missed the 13-13 tie in Moultri back in 51'? It does appear our long abused private schools are gradually modeling their programs more in tune with the rest of the country. Woe be tide the day, but it won't be long before one, probably more of these schools starts beating  the flying fuck out of damn good  7A squads.