Polynesian Classic - Sept 7 and 8 in NV

golfaddict1

27 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

IMG will be playing Liberty NV on Sept 7....that should be an utter blowout

Chandler vs Faith Lutheran NV

Farrington HI vs Carson CA

Bingham vs Mountain Pointe

All games will be played at Liberty High School

Throw in MD vs BG, there will be a lot of top 100 teams in LV that weekend.

31 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

IMG will be playing Liberty NV on Sept 7....that should be an utter blowout

Chandler vs Faith Lutheran NV

Farrington HI vs Carson CA

Bingham vs Mountain Pointe

All games will be played at Liberty High School

You could have also copied what was already posted above about a 5th game not being released yet :).  

Been biting my tongue about IMG coming out here for a bit.  It was known in small circles months ago.  I've posted before that UNLV home game takes Sam Boyd Stadium out of the equation & although Faith's field much better, Liberty probably being rewarded for their appearance last year & large Poly base. Decent amount of parking and streets around the school not that busy.  There also is a fairly large grass area behind visitor side that I'm sure will be used for some of the festivities.  It is a grass field and should be in decent shape that early into the season (turns to dirt pretty much later in the season).

As far as the other 2 teams...as far as I can figure BG is still working on a game for that weekend.  So far I have them:

Aug 24th home vs MD

Aug 31st either at Cent (AZ) or at StL (HI)

Sept 7 TBD

Sept 14th at DLS

So I'll go ahead and make a prediction of the St Louis game being moved to Sept 7th and being part of this event (and keeping the game at Cent (AZ).  Press release also says "10 teams from six states" and a HI & NV team already make up part of the six (NV, CA, UT, HI, FL & AZ).  Another interesting idea is another field being added to the mix.  Liberty/IMG already set for Friday night at 7:00, so tough to have another game prior to or following.  That leaves 4 games for Sat. so possibly 10:00, 1:00, 4:00 & 7:00 but that would be pushing it so I could see the "potential" BG game plus another moved to BG the same day.  Just a thought

14 minutes ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

Been biting my tongue about IMG coming out here for a bit.  It was known in small circles months ago.  I've posted before that UNLV home game takes Sam Boyd Stadium out of the equation & although Faith's field much better, Liberty probably being rewarded for their appearance last year & large Poly base. Decent amount of parking and streets around the school not that busy.  There also is a fairly large grass area behind visitor side that I'm sure will be used for some of the festivities.  It is a grass field and should be in decent shape that early into the season (turns to dirt pretty much later in the season).

As far as the other 2 teams...as far as I can figure BG is still working on a game for that weekend.  So far I have them:

Aug 24th home vs MD

Sept 7 TBD

Sept 14th at DLS

So I'll go ahead and make a prediction of the St Louis game being moved to Sept 7th and being part of this event (and keeping the game at Cent (AZ).  Press release also says "10 teams from six states" and a HI & NV team already make up part of the six (NV, CA, UT, HI, FL & AZ).  Another interesting idea is another field being added to the mix.  Liberty/IMG already set for Friday night at 7:00, so tough to have another game prior to or following.  That leaves 4 games for Sat. so possibly 10:00, 1:00, 4:00 & 7:00 but that would be pushing it so I could see the "potential" BG game plus another moved to BG the same day.  Just a thought

The img game is going to suck. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

The img game is going to suck. 

I still got to pull for my 702 teams.  Liberty will be replacing 4 year starting QB and a handful of other multi year stars and could have a much different look this year.  Lots of young kids that will be really good one day.  This game will be good for them.  They won't quit that's for sure, but not sure they have enough fire power to keep pace.  So look for them to slow it down and turn it into a physical street brawl, frustrate IMG and keep it respectable.

5 minutes ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

I still got to pull for my 702 teams.  Liberty will be replacing 4 year starting QB and a handful of other multi year stars and could have a much different look this year.  Lots of young kids that will be really good one day.  This game will be good for them.  They won't quit that's for sure, but not sure they have enough fire power to keep pace.  So look for them to slow it down and turn it into a physical street brawl, frustrate IMG and keep it respectable.

Img by at least 21......Idk why people schedule img it's a complete waste of time and they don't travel with enough people to even make the gate worthwhile. 

37 minutes ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

Aug 24th home vs MD

Sept 7 TBD

Sept 14th at DLS

i keep forgetting football season starts a week early in CA now...my goodness MD's first game is 8/17...those kids wont have much time off between summer practice and hell week...

Image result for oh the humanity gif

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/football/saint-louis-to-play-bishop-gorman-in-august/

“Set your calendars for a big show.

On Aug. 31, Bishop Gorman of Las Vegas will visit Honolulu to play two-time defending state champion Saint Louis at Aloha Stadium, according to Crusaders coach Cal Lee.”

Centennial (AZ) also on the 31st.

"Las Vegas Bishop Gorman is coming to Peoria to take on the defending 5A champion Coyotes on Aug.31."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/01/27/peoria-centennial-attracts-another-national-power-come-arizona-football-game/1072295001/

That's why I predicted the STL game will be moved to be the 5th game of the Poly Classic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

Centennial (AZ) also on the 31st.

"Las Vegas Bishop Gorman is coming to Peoria to take on the defending 5A champion Coyotes on Aug.31."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/01/27/peoria-centennial-attracts-another-national-power-come-arizona-football-game/1072295001/

That's why I predicted the STL game will be moved to be the 5th game of the Poly Classic

Ultimate Arizona bucket list: 10 things to do in Peoria

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/peoria/2015/01/30/peoria-arizona-bucket-list-10-things-to-do/22596777/

28 minutes ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

@Las Vegas_JC  

AZ = easier & cheaper to get to, would be a business trip

HI = harder & more $ to get to, but would be a business/chill a few extra days trip ;)

Lol yea I'll love to go to HI over AZ but I'm cheap my girl like F it hope we going to Hawaii SMH just bring STL here save a guy $2,000 n there's a pond somewhere in Phoenix to enjoy