Gun Violence by nation and State...

TheMaximumHornetSting

I was looking around earlier... and honestly theres countries that have Gun Control less restrictive than we do... 

And they dont even have 1/4th the problems that we have... 

Are we just naturally more violent the everyone else? 

What is it? I really wanna know... 

In Europe they can send their kids to school without worrying about someone shooting the place up... 

In Canada they can send their kids to school and not have to worry... 

In Asia they can do it without a worry... 

But not here... no no no not in the USA... 

Some gun totting loon decides he wants to kill somebody  not just anyone... 

Kids. Little kids,teenagers it doesnt matter... 

Does life in general just have no value here? 

Everybodies so worried about Terrorist from afar  coming over here and killing us. 

What about the ones that we call neighbors? 

The ones that walk tge same streets as us... the ones who live in the same country as us? 

What do we do about them? 

Its the same thing every fucking time. 

This happens it gets swept under the rug. And everyone tries to ignore it... 

Its like trash pile that everybody sweeps under the rugs and  everytime theres another mess you'll sweep it under the rug again and again and again and instead of doing something about the trash You just throw another rug over it.  

Well how many more rugs are we gonna throw on top of the pile of shit in the middle of the floor? 

Less guns,stricter laws what is it? 

I honestly want to know? 

Because every time we talk about changing gun laws 

You get slammed with "Dont change the constitution" or automatically start getting labeled as an american hating liberal. Or something up that alley 

Wake up folks! Its common sense... its obvious something needs to be done but nobody wants to because of that. 

And its ridiculous... 

So maybe just maybe we need outside help for this... maybe we need to ask another country for advice... 

Or copy another countries guidelines for gun control. 

Because this is ridiculous. 

State by State

in terms of Gun violence 

By state 

Louisiana has the most(Shameful) per capita. 

Alaska is pretty high up there too but heres the thing with Alaska almost 98% of their gun deaths are suicides with no outside party involved... as in no one else was shot or injured and thats deeply troubling... I wish I never would've saw this... 

New York and New Jersey where also pretty high. Actually very high... NJ has a population far less than GA,TX and FL but a higher gun violence rate than all 3 of them... 

California has a low Gun Violence rate for a state its size... its Gun Violence rate is comparable to that of Georgia and Texas. 

Texas and Georgia both have Gun Violence rates less than Florida,Louisiana,NJ and NY. 

Arkansas has a dangerously high gun violence rate one that would be considered Average for a state the size of Texas. 

Alabama is the same as Georgia. 

Mississippi is also in the high range. 

Pennsylvania is almost non existant on the Gun Violence front...Philidelphia has the most in the state outside of that it is very very thin in PA. 

Wyoming,Oregon,Washungton,Idaho,Utah,Montana,Hawaii and West Virginia are even lower than half of what PA has... 

North Carolina is pretty High (Charolette) can be pretty rough. 

South Carolina is actually decent they arent high they are lower mid in the Gun Violenece spectrum. 

Missouri is low 

Kansas is up the same alley as PA 

Oklahoma is high. 

ND & SD are The lowest in the nation. 

Minnesota,Maine,Wisconsin,Vermont,NH  are literally only outscored by ND&SD by exactly 1/4th a point... 

Massachusetts is pretty low. 

Virginia is high

D.C is high 

Delaware is very low. 

CT is very low 

Michigan is Average 

Ohio is below Average

Tennessee and Kentucky are neck and neck 

NM and Arizona are low

Nevada is Average... 

Colorado is average

When the USA is compared to other countries on the Statistical point scale used by the FBI. 

The USA looks smaller and I know someone will use that trick to say it isnt that bad... 

But here the countries that exceed ours on the point system:

Jamaica 

Honduras 

Venezuela 

Colombia 

But these countries have a population less than we do and are not as rich and developed as we are... 

The best comparison honestly is Canada.... 

Canada has less than half the gun violence we have. 

Us citizens are hit with a barrage of promotional violence from the day they were born....

Hollywood, the media, video games and music all promote the pop-culture of violence....

Not so sure they get that everywhere else....

Not surprising people adopt the attitude that they are constantly displayed and considered 'cool'....

Monkey see monkey do right? Not color indicative either (for the faint of heart) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

Us citizens are hit with a barrage of promotional violence from the day they were born....

Hollywood, the media, video games and music all promote the pop-culture of violence....

Not so sure they get that everywhere else....

Not surprising people adopt the attitude that they are constantly displayed and considered 'cool'....

Monkey see monkey do right? Not color indicative either (for the faint of heart) 

Yea its a problem that will probably never really change... 

But there comes a point where your morality and conscience have to say that you shouldnt do or imitate what you see in Video Game,Movies or anything like that. 

Honestly when people blame video games and movies I honestly kinda shake my head... 

I wont lie media and video games dont help themselves any... you have some that are ridiculously violent... 

And there are some incidents where games can actually be blamed. Hell I'll even name a few. 

But at the same time yet again people need to be able to differentiate reality and fiction. 

If you are easily swayed by video games then you dont need to play em. Plain and simple. 

This is why the ESRB exist... I literaly have to deal with parents who want to buy their 5-10 year old child Grand Theft Auto,COD,Battlefield,Mortal Kombat,ETC.  

I mean its my job to tell parents that this game is rated M I have to warn them and all they do is say  "My son can handle it" no little kid should be playing GTA. 

Im a grown ass man And I havent played GTA in ages I stopped. Its senseless... 

And the first time a little kid does something bad like shoot up a school. The first fucking thing they do "Its GTA's fault,Its Call of Duties fault" guess what sounds to me like little jimmy couldnt take it. But guess who bought it? The parent

Before we sell a Rated M game we must read the label to the parents  a parent must be present if the child is under 17<- this is by Georgia State law... 

I can lose my job if I sell a child a Rated M game without a parent present. 

We warn and warn and warn even companies have labels 

For example:

GTA 5:

Rated M: Not appropriate for ages under 17. 

Strong Language

Strong Sexual Content

Drug and Alcohol references

Strong  Blood,Gore and Violence 

Nudity 

But you know whats sad? 

Most of the people who buy it are parents for their little kids... 

15 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I was looking around earlier... and honestly theres countries that have Gun Control less restrictive than we do... 

And they dont even have 1/4th the problems that we have... 

Are we just naturally more violent the everyone else? 

What is it? I really wanna know... 

In Europe they can send their kids to school without worrying about someone shooting the place up... 

In Canada they can send their kids to school and not have to worry... 

In Asia they can do it without a worry... 

But not here... no no no not in the USA... 

Some gun totting loon decides he wants to kill somebody  not just anyone... 

Kids. Little kids,teenagers it doesnt matter... 

Does life in general just have no value here? 

Everybodies so worried about Terrorist from afar  coming over here and killing us. 

What about the ones that we call neighbors? 

The ones that walk tge same streets as us... the ones who live in the same country as us? 

What do we do about them? 

Its the same thing every fucking time. 

This happens it gets swept under the rug. And everyone tries to ignore it... 

Its like trash pile that everybody sweeps under the rugs and  everytime theres another mess you'll sweep it under the rug again and again and again and instead of doing something about the trash You just throw another rug over it.  

Well how many more rugs are we gonna throw on top of the pile of shit in the middle of the floor? 

Less guns,stricter laws what is it? 

I honestly want to know? 

Because every time we talk about changing gun laws 

You get slammed with "Dont change the constitution" or automatically start getting labeled as an american hating liberal. Or something up that alley 

Wake up folks! Its common sense... its obvious something needs to be done but nobody wants to because of that. 

And its ridiculous... 

So maybe just maybe we need outside help for this... maybe we need to ask another country for advice... 

Or copy another countries guidelines for gun control. 

Because this is ridiculous. 

If you would feel safer in another country you are free to go

15 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

When the USA is compared to other countries on the Statistical point scale used by the FBI. 

The USA looks smaller and I know someone will use that trick to say it isnt that bad... 

But here the countries that exceed ours on the point system:

Jamaica 

Honduras 

Venezuela 

Colombia 

But these countries have a population less than we do and are not as rich and developed as we are... 

The best comparison honestly is Canada.... 

Canada has less than half the gun violence we have. 

According to stats for 2013 the gun homicide rate per 100,000 for men is

Canada...................0.80

U.S..........................6.30

So, it's about 13%.  Quite a bit better than the U.S.

https://globalnews.ca/news/2378037/gun-violence-by-the-numbers-how-america-canada-and-the-world-compare/

28 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

If you would feel safer in another country you are free to go

Thank you for proving part of my point... 

I ask a simple legitimate question  "what is our gun problem?" 

And your response is "You're free to go if you dont feel safe". 

Really... 

So it doesnt bother you that the country we live in is plagued with Mass Shootings on a daily basis almost. 

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Thank you for proving part of my point... 

I ask a simple legitimate question  "what is our gun problem?" 

And your response is "You're free to go if you dont feel safe". 

Really... 

So it doesnt bother you that the country we live in is plagued with Mass Shootings on a daily basis almost. 

I asked this before.....Are we supposed to be bothered by everything that happens in this country. Are we supposed to be bothered by every drug overdose every car accident that ends in death? And i think your a little over the top with the word plagued.  And nothing wrong with my suggestion. 

27 minutes ago, stanscript said:

According to stats for 2013 the gun homicide rate per 100,000 for men is

Canada...................0.80

U.S..........................6.30

So, it's about 13%.  Quite a bit better than the U.S.

https://globalnews.ca/news/2378037/gun-violence-by-the-numbers-how-america-canada-and-the-world-compare/

I just read it man... 

You mean to tell me we have more people in The USA that die of gun violence than canadians that die of Car crashes and Cancer combined... 

What the actual hell? 

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I asked this before.....Are we supposed to be bothered by everything that happens in this country. Are we supposed to be bothered by every drug overdose every car accident that ends in death? And i think your a little over the top with the word plagued.  And nothing wrong with my suggestion. 

When compared to other countries 

I think the word plagued is appropriate. 

And while I understand the "Shit happens" style of thinking... (As I call it)

Its not exactly fixing anything... 

The "Shit happens" mindset only goes so far... 

And it most certainly doesnt cover everything... 

When someones out here killing 50+ innocent civillians at a concert and A whole bunch of HS kids... 

Yea it should bother you... 

You're at risk just like they  are/where... 

33 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

When compared to other countries 

I think the word plagued is appropriate. 

And while I understand the "Shit happens" style of thinking... (As I call it)

Its not exactly fixing anything... 

The "Shit happens" mindset only goes so far... 

And it most certainly doesnt cover everything... 

When someones out here killing 50+ innocent civillians at a concert and A whole bunch of HS kids... 

Yea it should bother you... 

You're at risk just like they  are/where... 

But im not worried about it unlike people. Ill go to concerts and ill get in my car. I was at a concert a few days after Las Vegas. Didnt bother me one bit. Never gave it a second thought that I could be shot or stabbed or whatever it is. Yes shit happens in life. Does it suck yep it does. But like ive stated many of times we will all move on in our respective lives. I am a school security personnel. Am i worried that I can be shot no im really not. Doesnt even cross my mind. Again if you like the policies of other countries you can go there. 

http://wfla.com/2018/02/22/lakewood-high-school-student-arrested-for-saying-he-was-planning-a-school-shooting/

Another “Here’s your sign” candidate joining the Cali teen threat arrest from the other day (who was disgruntled from being told to put away headphones... I know, some fricking nerve that teacher had enforcing a rule).  

What’s next, no more spit balls allowed?!  

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

http://wfla.com/2018/02/22/lakewood-high-school-student-arrested-for-saying-he-was-planning-a-school-shooting/

Another “Here’s your sign” candidate joining the Cali teen threat arrest from the other day (who was disgruntled from being told to put away headphones... I know, some fricking nerve that teacher had enforcing a rule).  

What’s next, no more spit balls allowed?!  

He's not the only one... 

Theres been alot of gun threats and school bomb threats these past few days... 

22 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I just read it man... 

You mean to tell me we have more people in The USA that die of gun violence than canadians that die of Car crashes and Cancer combined... 

What the actual hell? 

Approximately 35 million Canadians vs. 356 million Americans. 

United States: 591,699/yr. die from cancer.

Canada: 80,000/yr. die from cancer.

United States: 1.3 million/yr die from car crashes.

Canada: 1,858/yr. die from car crashes.

Apples to oranges.

10 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

Approximately 35 million Canadians vs. 356 million Americans. 

United States: 591,699/yr. die from cancer.

Canada: 80,000/yr. die from cancer.

United States: 1.3 million/yr die from car crashes.

Canada: 1,858/yr. die from car crashes.

Apples to oranges.

so will you be moving to Canada if you believe they are a "safer" country?

22 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

He's not the only one... 

Theres been alot of gun threats and school bomb threats these past few days... 

Harvard-Westlake (Cali private school and has a highly ranked baseball squad) was closed today based on a former student’s threat.  

Wtf?  It was Jonathan Martin, the former NFL bullied player?