Trump's approval rating....

DBP66

Same old....same old....#losing

Trump's Approval Rating Drops Back To His Worst With 2 New Polls

HuffPost Mary Papenfuss, HuffPost 11 hours ago.

40fbdbd8fc32775dce49262f72e6dd45

Donald Trump’s approval rating has slumped again to match the lowest of his presidency, according to two new polls.

The surveys were conducted amid mounting activism for gun control and security clearance problems in the White House. Support for stricter gun laws has spiked to the highest level since 1993 and Americans aren’t happy with Trump’s position on the issue, CNN has found.

Despite Trump’s bullish take on his performance, the president’s approval rating fell five points over last month to 35 percent, according to a CNN survey, conducted by polling firm SSRS. That number matches the lowest rating of his presidency in December.

A separate poll by USA Today and Suffolk University’s Political Research Center found similar results, with the president’s approval rating also slipping to match the lowest point that survey has found at 38 percent, with 60 percent disapproving of the job he’s doing.

Gun control looks to be a particular problem for the president.

The CNN poll was conducted Feb. 20 to 23 amid outrage over guns in the wake of the Parkland school shooting that killed 17 people. Only a third of those polled approve of how Trump is handling gun control policy, with 54 percent disapproving, the CNN poll found. Just over 12 percent of those surveyed said they have yet to make up their mind on the issue.

so what? 

these polls just don't matter

the only one that might be an indication that Trump may not be re-elected would a poll of likely voters who are never Trumpers.

That poll would need to show that over 54% of the countries was a never Trumper to get any hopes up. 

and I would not be surprised to see a 3rd party candidate enter the race which would insure a Trump re-election. (Maybe a Trump financed 3rd party candidate will emerge. ;))

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

so what? 

these polls just don't matter

the only one that might be an indication that Trump may not be re-elected would a poll of likely voters who are never Trumpers.

That poll would need to show that over 54% of the countries was a never Trumper to get any hopes up. 

and I would not be surprised to see a 3rd party candidate enter the race which would insure a Trump re-election. (Maybe a Trump financed 3rd party candidate will emerge. ;))

they don't matter as far as an election isn't happening anytime soon...true...but a year into the job it's informative to see what the American people think of their President....and he's a historic low numbers for anyone who's interested...not surprising I'm sure to most Americans...

speaking of third candidate?...I hear that Kasich is considering a third party run....I hope he goes for it...I'm all in for him..;)

19 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

they don't matter as far as an election isn't happening anytime soon...true...but a year into the job it's informative to see what the American people think of their President....and he's a historic low numbers for anyone who's interested...not surprising I'm sure to most Americans...

speaking of third candidate?...I hear that Kasich is considering a third party run....I hope he goes for it...I'm all in for him..;)

3rd party guarantees Trump 

so, do be careful what you wish for

btw, as we share similar values, i caution you about Kasich. 

29 minutes ago, noonereal said:

3rd party guarantees Trump 

so, do be careful what you wish for

btw, as we share similar values, i caution you about Kasich. 

I know he's very religious...but he's very rational and has been there and done that as far as working in Washington is concerned...and he has a good demeanor IMO...If the dems can't come up with a worthy candidate and he goes 3rd party he could steal any moderate Republicans that are left and MANY Independents like myself...and I lean to the left...if I'd vote for him a lot of other "wackos' would too..;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

I know he's very religious...but he's very rational and has been there and done that as far as working in Washington is concerned...and he has a good demeanor IMO...If the dems can't come up with a worthy candidate and he goes 3rd party he could steal any moderate Republicans that are left and MANY Independents like myself...and I lean to the left...if I'd vote for him a lot of other "wackos' would too..;)

this are not normal times

moderate republicans sat out or voted Hill last time around 

I can't see him getting so much as one single Trump vote. 

Life long moderate republicans, like myself, have left the party in droves since 2000. The pace has only accelerated under Trump. 

IMHO

IMO the American electorate has changed significantly the past 25 years or so...the 30 and under are for the most part registering as Independents...the younger generation has rejected the two party system IMO and are dying for a 3rd party candidate to get behind...had Bernie ran as a Independent who knows how the election would have turned out...he may have won...the energy was there

...the country is dying for a good Independent candidate to get behind IMO...a majority of voters don't want an candidate who is beholden to either party...it's that mentality that got Trump elected IMO...only problem was he has no clue how Wash. works and he is winging it everyday as he tears the country apart...

10 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

FWIW, Trump's average approval on the economy is 50-43.

should be higher, no?

sadly, i have come to dislike the man passionately but the economy is just fine, not sure how 43 % can find otherwise.

well, if i think about it, he did hurt me and my friends in the rest of the state, in nj, ct, ma, ca....

and my energy costs have skyrocketed overall... so I guess I can see some disapproving

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'll post it again. Nothing has changed. 

IMG_0416.JPG

your silly meme was never true...he LOST the popular vote by 2.8 MILLION....and squeaked out an electoral win....in real polls he's in the mid thirties approval after a year on the job.....#loserpresident

10 hours ago, noonereal said:

well, if i think about it, he did hurt me and my friends in the rest of the state, in nj, ct, ma, ca...

A lot more people will find themselves hurt when they actually file their 2018 Federal Returns a year from now and find that there is no refund or a liability due to the elimination of Personal and Dependent exemptions. So too will some that used to itemize, as the near doubling of the standard deduction may not help them much depending on how much their itemized deductions were and are. The doubling of the standard deduction may end up being pretty much a wash for many of them. 

Those bigger paychecks now may not look so good then. 

12 minutes ago, concha said:

For the sake of argument that's the preferred option vs. #winnernotpresident, right?

2017-01-10-8e1d2c1d_large.jpg

the meme king is back!...the loser hash tag was in reference to his current status...not the election...he's got you and 35%-37% of the American population behind him a year into the job....:$...a historic low....