Iowa baller chooses to miss a free throw on purpose to honor a record

golfaddict1

I think the player's heart is in the right place, but I think it's pretty stupid....... I agree with the deceased player's parents.

Records are meant to be broken. He could've given a nice tribute to the player if he broke the record.

What's the point of having a dead person hold a record that could be broken except for players intentionally avoiding breaking the record......

It's a nice sentiment, but it's really dumb

Me ..take the shot clean thinking of it the whole time...see what luck happens..and good luck

If it goes in, make sure you give the best fitting tribute you can...whoever else may break it may not even care to do 'that job' right so...

I'm not gonna call it silly though, nothing wrong with letting a good name hang on the wall a little longer either...

Either way is acceptable... 

33 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Certainly a feel good moment for me anyways, judging by the comments I don’t speak for others that’s certain. 

It's certainly a feel good moment.........but you could have had an equally emotional and probably more powerful moment if he broke the record and paid tribute.... which would make much more sense in the spirit of competition, statistics and accomplishments. 

25 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

It's certainly a feel good moment.........but you could have had an equally emotional and probably more powerful moment if he broke the record and paid tribute.... which would make much more sense in the spirit of competition, statistics and accomplishments. 

Like I said, I don't speak for others, win on both sides... maybe.

I think the tribute by missing will be more durable than if he made it then missed down the line, then it becomes about that player and not the decedent, however somebody posted the decedent's family not too happy.

Time will tell.

16 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

I agree with the family of the deceased player.

“Christopher would want him to do to the best he could do and stay after it, but that was Jordan’s decision, and if that’s what he wanted to do, then we appreciate it. We certainly in the future want him to get another shot at it.”

Thanks Train, I wasn't clear on the earlier snippet broadcasted somewhere.....

:)

• Like 1