Way too early California Top 10

Eddyr2

1 minute ago, Folsom Prison said:

So I'm curious, San Diego residents don't consider themselves southern California? 

SoCal although it means Southern California doesn’t hold the same meaning in the Lingua franca...SoCal community refurs to the 5 Counties (Venture, LA, Orange, San Bernadino and Riverside) of the Los Angeles Media Market. San Deigo is part of Southern California but not “SoCal”, it is its own thing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Folsom Prison said:

haha fair enough. I'll give you that one. Serra was ranked top 4 in Socal according to your link... not outside the top 5. Folsom won by 21 points. Wouldn't you agree that playing top 4 in Socal isn't exactly a "nobody"? 

The ONLY reason that Serra was even ranked in the STATE Top 10 was because their schedule was almost as in competitive as folsems.

Poly was better

Vista Murrieta was better

St. Bonny's was better

Mater Dei was better

OLU was better

on and on ...

Of course you guys don't get the relevance of opponent competitiveness .  The times when the devil was forced to play DLS the mauling was so bad, the entire fan base suffered a concussion and has a memory hole

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The ONLY reason that Serra was even ranked in the STATE Top 10 was because their schedule was almost as in competitive as folsems.

Poly was better

St. Bonny's was better

Mater Dei was better

OLU was better

on and on ...

Wow. Pretty easy to say ALL these teams were better 8 years later. 

Still doesn't change that they got rolled by a 5'8 QB from a little old northern public school. 

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Servite had better wins, and even their some of their losses (which the devil would have also lost) were better than the devils wins

Servitte is a poor man's Del Oro. 

There is a reason why not one ranking system or poll has Servitte even in this discussion. 

I'd say maybe even a poor man's Central. We would roll Servitte. Lol

14 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Poly was better

St. Bonny's was better

Mater Dei was better

OLU was better

on and on ...

Of course you guys don't get the relevance of opponent competitiveness .  The times when the devil was forced to play DLS the mauling was so bad, the entire fan base suffered a concussion and has a memory hole

Surprise surprise. Sammy thinking 8 years ago random SoCal teams are better than a Socal ranked top 4 team by all of the major polls. I just looked at Serra's schedule that season and noticed they beat the living hell out of Narbonne 48-22. I also happened to notice that LBP played Narbonne that same season and scraped out a win by a FG at HOME, 23-20. Yet you expect me to believe LBP was better than Serra?  Solid analysis Slammy. 

By the way, don't mention Servite on this board again. They're completely irrelevant these days and are the layup of the trinity league. Talk about Servite on the Socal board where they belong. 

Edit* Never mind, just checked out the socal board. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Folsom Prison said:

Surprise surprise. Sammy thinking 8 years ago random SoCal teams are better than a Socal ranked top 4 team by all of the major polls. I just looked at Serra's schedule that season and noticed they beat the living hell out of Narbonne 48-22. I also happened to notice that LBP played Narbonne that same season and scraped out a win by a FG at HOME, 23-20. Yet you expect me to believe LBP was better than Serra?  Solid analysis Slammy. 

By the way, don't mention Servite on this board again. They're completely irrelevant these days and are the layup of the trinity league. Talk about Servite on the Socal board where they belong. 

Edit* Never mind, just checked out the socal board. 

giphy.gif

LMFAO how bout dat Sammy boy!?

Servite is ranked significantly higher in the only poll that matters for Top football  Programs in California.  the devil is a one hit wonder every 5 or so years, who was not as good as Servite in 2017, and will be mauled in their first game in 2018.  Then, thankfully we won't have to hear any more nonsense on the national board.

Although I may visit their squad on the NorCal boards just to lay the wood.

12 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Servite is ranked significantly higher in the only poll that matters for Top football  Programs in California.  the devil is a one hit wonder every 5 or so years, who was not as good as Servite in 2017, and will be mauled in their first game in 2018.  Then, thankfully we won't have to hear any more nonsense on the national board.

Although I may visit their squad on the NorCal boards just to lay the wood.

Lol what poll? The Sammy Boy poll. 

3 titles in 8 years is hardly a one hit wonder. 

And just got everyone's knowledge. Sammy has had all of his names and IP blocked on the NorCal site. 

6 hours ago, GloryDays said:

Surprised you passed on pointing out that San Diego isn't SoCal.

Or that Serra was probably outside the SoCal Top 5 that year.

That's your wheelhouse.

You feeling OK?

xD

Yes.   My bad.  Went back and added a second asterisk.

@Eddyr2  is filling in to educate the funewgees about So Cal football gerrymandered boundaries.