Today's Question For The Board....

Rufus69

38 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Just wondering....who stops him now?

Ivanka?

Rufus>>

Congress. They introduce bills. They either pass or kill said bills. Happens everyday. But well go with your logic. Lets get rid of congress and the courts. Well have 1 guy( Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin etc etc) that will lead the country and do anything he wants. Cant go to court to fight it either since they will be gone. Does that really sound like something you would want? Our system even with its flaws it works. i wouldnt want any president to enact any laws without some kind of discussion. 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Congress. They introduce bills. They either pass or kill said bills. Happens everyday. But well go with your logic. Lets get rid of congress and the courts. Well have 1 guy( Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin etc etc) that will lead the country and do anything he wants. Cant go to court to fight it either since they will be gone. Does that really sound like something you would want? Our system even with its flaws it works. i wouldnt want any president to enact any laws without some kind of discussion. 

You do know that a benevolent dictatorship is the most efficient government known to man...and others?

And it has known to show growth, prosperity and happiness.

Rufus>>

Just now, Rufus69 said:

You do know that a benevolent dictatorship is the most efficient government known to man...and others?

Rufus>>

So you would have been thrilled with Hitler and the rest of the dictators of the world. There are couple of countries left in this world that you be quite happy in. Good luck to you there. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

So you would have been thrilled with Hitler and the rest of the dictators of the world. There are couple of countries left in this world that you be quite happy in. Good luck to you there. 

I'm staying.  We're putting YOU out.

Troublemaker.

You obviously are confused with the term 'benevolent".

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Me and Bernie are working on it.

Ya know...I've noticed how you like to type stuff...and you don't have a REAL clue.

Just for the record....how old are you?

Honest answer.

I'm 69 going on.....

Rufus>>

oh god another Bernie guy. At this point its just a lot easier to just stop communicating. Have a good night

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Me and Bernie are working on it.

Ya know...I've noticed how you like to type stuff...and you don't have a REAL clue.

Just for the record....how old are you?

Honest answer.

I'm 69 going on.....

Rufus>>

Bernie's a little tied up trying to keep his ugly wife out of prison. He'll have to get back to ya. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

A benevolent dictatorship is as close to being an oxymoron as possible.

Let's instead go with "absolute power corrupts absolutely."

3 minutes ago, stanscript said:

A benevolent dictatorship is as close to being an oxymoron as possible.

Let's instead go with "absolute power corrupts absolutely."

stan my man....it does not in the soul of the right dictator.  Dig deep.

Frederick the Great....Marcus Aurelius...Bernie Sanders....etc...etc...

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, zulu1128 said:

Well, neither you or Bernie is as risk of going to prison, so...

Nobody is going to prison Zu.  You know it.  I know it.  The whole world knows it.  Prison is for poor criminals.  Get your head in the game.

Rufus>>

9 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

stan my man....it does not in the soul of the right dictator.  Dig deep.

Frederick the Great....Marcus Aurelius...Bernie Sanders....etc...etc...

Rufus>>

toe in the water...but can't stay....

RUFUS is 100% correct (about dictatorships)...and most people do not have the slightest idea...that if you met 'Hilter' he would be the most 'moralistic' (though possibly not yours) man that you would ever meet....

just sayin....

But in response to the topic at hand...no, we need the whole 'checks and balances' thingy....what we REALLY need is a more efficient congress and senate, and how we accomplish that I'm not sure....maybe 2 yr terms or even one year...the whole idea of experience is not an issue for those that do well enough to get (re)elected...and it seems on surface to be a more efficient 'swamp drainer'..... 

• Like 3