Shots fired at Central Michigan

noonereal

22 hours ago, noonereal said:

well, as long as this was only domestic violence the NRA can easily sweep it under the rug.  

It turns out a sophomore at the school, who happens to be African American, has been arrested and charged with the murder of his parents, one of whom, I believe worked in law enforcement.

The parents had come from Chicago to pick him up for spring break. Another troubled young adult with access to a gun. 

39 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

That's true....Most of these types should be put down like dogs, maybe taken out before they kill..

or just don't make guns available and offer psychiatric care 

humans are not dogs

Just what "types" do you consider a dog? 

"taken out before they kill?"  so you are advocating genocide of the mentally ill... and let me guess, if we knew our history, like you, we would know how great genocide is. 

Brother, I don't know what is going on in your head but it's not good. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, noonereal said:

humans are not dogs

Just what "types" do you consider a dog? 

"taken out before they kill?"  so you are advocating genocide of the mentally ill... and let me guess, if we knew our history, like you, we would know how great genocide is. 

Brother, I don't know what is going on in your head but it's not good. 

Drummer is a scary guy. And who would determine which individuals are going to kill? A post on an internet blog? A text message? A threat at work or school?

4 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

It turns out a sophomore at the school, who happens to be African American, has been arrested and charged with the murder of his parents, one of whom, I believe worked in law enforcement.

The parents had come from Chicago to pick him up for spring break. Another troubled young adult with access to a gun. 

He apparently used his father's duty weapon.

1 hour ago, concha said:

He apparently used his father's duty weapon.

It makes you wonder what happened. He seemed to be from a stable family, one that had gone to pick him up and take him home for spring break.  Most kids, however bad or troubled, don't just take their parents out like that in a situation where they were being picked up from school. The fact he did not harm anyone else is also curious. 

Perhaps we will never know why he snapped or perhaps grim family details will come out after the matter is thoroughly investigated. Maybe, as Drummer seems to think, he had a history of mental or other behavioral issues or maybe not. It just seems a little strange to me. 

3 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Drummer is a scary guy. And who would determine which individuals are going to kill? A post on an internet blog? A text message? A threat at work or school?

He admits to listening to that wing nut stuff all day...

It rots the mind like candy rots the teeth, 

3 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

I like prevention...Had you advocated prevention, rather than wait till it gets bad,think of the outcome.... On personal level too....My parents died as a direct result of smoking,yet had many warnings....

and your history books teach you what about the approach you advocate? 

You scream freedom but want people rounded up an executed because maybe?

WTF is wring with you? 

Come on drummer, this is some really bad stuff you are posting. 

21 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Being a parent today is a very serious propersition and should NEVER  be taken lightly...Due diligence, possibly like never before, is and understatement..Family unity,love and accountability appear paramount..

Parenting today is no different than ever. 

Love your kid, make sure he feels part of the family tribe, be sure to teach that each member of the tribe has a role and that role is ever evolving and teach consequences. 

It's not rocket science but few get it right. 

Why they don't teach parenting in school, the most important job you'll ever have, I'll never understand.