New series recommendations?

Anyone have any good TV series they recommend starting?  The wife and I have been binging like crazy on NetFlix and Prime (the 11 month old has put a crimp in our weekends out).  

We just finished the last episode of Orphan Black (weird sci-fi-ish thriller that wasn’t our style going into it but we grew to like it a lot; and AWESOME acting by Tatiana Maslany who plays all 5 main characters and many minor characters that are clones of each other).

we’re kinda at a loss what to watch next.  Thinking of giving Lost a shot as we never saw the full thing back in the day, or maybe starting Chefs Table on Netflix.  Though it’s all just killing time until GOT comes back for the final season.

I have discovered since having Netflix, that there is a lot of stuff that I didn't think was my style, that turns out to be really good. 

Glitch on Netflix has two seasons to binge. Pretty different type of show. Australian Sci-fi. I liked it. 

I've been recently watching Ash vs. Evil Dead. Really didn't think I'd like it at all, and it's sort of stupid, but, I am entertained by it in a Ghost Busters type of way. Started season 2 of it last night. 

Anyway, some of the best stuff that I've watched has been just a risky click. Like, something that I kind of just settled on when nothing was really jumping at me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I have discovered since having Netflix, that there is a lot of stuff that I didn't think was my style, that turns out to be really good. 

Glitch on Netflix has two seasons to binge. Pretty different type of show. Australian Sci-fi. I liked it. 

I've been recently watching Ash vs. Evil Dead. Really didn't think I'd like it at all, and it's sort of stupid, but, I am entertained by it in a Ghost Busters type of way. Started season 2 of it last night. 

Anyway, some of the best stuff that I've watched has been just a risky click. Like, something that I kind of just settled on when nothing was really jumping at me. 

Funny you mention Glitch I saw the preview a few days ago on Netflix.  It was actually on my list of things to check out but not near the top, perhaps I’ll bump it up!

On 3/6/2018 at 10:02 PM, Hardcore Troubador said:

Anyone have any good TV series they recommend starting?  The wife and I have been binging like crazy on NetFlix and Prime (the 11 month old has put a crimp in our weekends out).  

We just finished the last episode of Orphan Black (weird sci-fi-ish thriller that wasn’t our style going into it but we grew to like it a lot; and AWESOME acting by Tatiana Maslany who plays all 5 main characters and many minor characters that are clones of each other).

we’re kinda at a loss what to watch next.  Thinking of giving Lost a shot as we never saw the full thing back in the day, or maybe starting Chefs Table on Netflix.  Though it’s all just killing time until GOT comes back for the final season.

You might try HBO's Rome. It's from the mid 2000s. It should be available on Prime. I know it was a few months ago.

It goes for 2 seasons. It drops off in quality halfway through the second season. I think they had to rush the story once they found out that the show had been canceled. But it's very good for a season and a  half and it never gets bad.

I like historical dramas, and I'm into Roman history, but I watched it with my aunt when it first came out and then again recently with my wife, and they both loved it, even though neither of them have any interest in Roman history.