Rick Saccone vs Connor Lamb in PA-18

HSFBfan

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

With 7% of the precincts remaining in Allegheny, and Lamb leading by about 700 votes, I think he wins by a fraction of a percent. Both Westmoreland and Washington have caught up with reporting!

Still have votes in Washington from what I'm looking at

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Very true but it's funny if lamb does win he'll have to run in November due to redistrict 

Sure, but he will get his choice. So he probably wins again in a district more favorable to him. He is not there yet, though. The 10% remaining in Washington will determine the winner. He does not need to get the majority of this 10% but needs to keep it very close. I think he does, but I would not put money on it. It is that close!

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Sure, but he will get his choice. So he probably wins again in a district more favorable to him. He is not there yet, though. The 10% remaining in Washington will determine the winner. He does not need to get the majority of this 10% but needs to keep it very close. I think he does, but I would not put money on it. It is that close

1200 votes separates. Yep all eyes are on Washington and the rest of Westmoreland. What a race. Does it suck if your sides loses yep but isn't democracy fun

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

1200 votes separates. Yep all eyes are on Washington and the rest of Westmoreland. What a race. Does it suck if your sides loses yep but isn't democracy fun

The rest of Allegheny will probably cancel the rest of Westmoreland. So it is basically down to Washington. Saccone needs to pick up a net of about a 1000 votes there to win from the remaining 10% outstanding. Given I am not familiar with the area, I have no idea whether he can. I feel he comes up short. But like I said, I don't know the area well enough to have a sound basis for saying so.

If I were the loser in this race, I would demand a recount. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

The rest of Allegheny will probably cancel the rest of Westmoreland. So it is basically down to Washington. Saccone needs to pick up a net of about a 1000 votes there to win from the remaining 10% outstanding. Given I am not familiar with the area, I have no idea whether he can. I feel he comes up short. But like I said, I don't know the area well enough to have a sound basis for saying so.

If I were the loser in this race, I would demand a recount. 

900 votes separate right now with 96% in. In 2016 Washington county voted 60 percent Republican to 35% Democrat 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

If the final results are by less than a thousand votes (and it looks that way at this point), that is certainly deserving of a recount in my opinion. But I don't know what the rules are, so we will see. 

Last 4 percent are gonna take a long while it seems

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Pretty much a dead heat. Chances are that Lamb pulls it off by a few hundred. But it is not a done deal. One of the closest elections I have seen in awhile. 

Either way I gotta admit it's not good. +20 for Trump and saccone can't win by even 5% like really. I knew it was coming but come on

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Either way I gotta admit it's not good. +20 for Trump and saccone can't win by even 5% like really. I knew it was coming but come on

I agree with you on that. It is not a good statement by the candidate and bodes negatively for the party at this point in time. But November is months away.

And, things can change on a dime, especially with DJT. 

• Like 1