Rick Saccone vs Connor Lamb in PA-18

HSFBfan

3 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Didn't contribute shit. 

Collected all the free shit. 

Calls out new generation for wanting free shit. 

All while they are raping the free shit. 

Worst ever  

I actually paid back my free shit - some at an interest rate of 21% - courtesy of that great American President Jimmy Carter.

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I guess. But you shouldn't be looking to be here that long and if you are keep working. That's all I'm saying. Keep working. Never stop. Don't rely on these socialest programs to support you. You support you. 

Totally agree - I am just laughing at Block bitching about having to pay for us.

• Like 1

Whose retiring??? I have no plans to retire ever

I am not going to do what I do now forever.  But I will do something.  And may not necessarily get paid for it.  Remember, plans are just that, plans.  My medical partner died at 60 of melanoma.  God’s plan trumps all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

I am not going to do what I do now forever.  But I will do something.  And may not necessarily get paid for it.  Remember, plans are just that, plans.  My medical partner died at 60 of melanoma.  God’s plan trumps all.

I will continue to work in some capacity until I die

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

I have a guy who is 82 or 83 in my practice who always has a 3:30 appointment - which is after he gets off work.

There ya go. Just keep working. I know I'm repetitive right now but there is nothing better than you can do for yourself than working. 

11 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Must be nice to love your work. Been retired for a year now. Life is great. No way do I miss the old working days. Maybe with age, maturity, and a family, you'll see things differently, but then again maybe not. It's your life...Peace

Who said I love or even like going to work??? Lol. I am glad your enjoying retirement

Who said I love or even like going to work??? Lol. 

Is there a miss connect here ? Get an education, save, and do what your heart desires. Sure stay active, but being able to call your own shots 24/7 is one of the great possibilities in anyone's life. Raise that future goal of yours. You live in the greatest country on this planet. Work it right young man. There are many avenues, choose one.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

There ya go. Just keep working. I know I'm repetitive right now but there is nothing better than you can do for yourself than working. 

This is true only if you love your work. For if you do, it is not work. It is being paid for a hobby, an avocation. But if you don't, once you have the financial resources, you should move on and do something that gives you satisfaction. Enjoy life; don't punish yourself doing something you don't derive pleasure or satisfaction from.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

This is true only if you love your work. For if you do, it is not work. It is being paid for a hobby, an avocation. But if you don't, once you have the financial resources, you should move on and do something that gives you satisfaction. Enjoy life; don't punish yourself doing something you don't derive pleasure or satisfaction from.

Yeah, but the up and comers don’t want to be bothered with the “making the financial resources” part of the equation.

5 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Yeah, but the up and comers do want to be bothered with the “making the financial resources” part of the equation.

Yes and no. The up and comers face a different America than you and I did. That has probably influenced their attitudes and perceptions of what it takes to succeed; indeed, it has probably influenced their view of what success is!

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Yes and no. The up and comers face a different America than you and I did. That has probably influenced their attitudes and perceptions of what it takes to succeed; indeed, it has probably influenced their view of what success is!

Today’s youth loves nice things - all the while decrying their elders of being too money obsessed.

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Today’s youth loves nice things - all the while decrying their elders of being too money obsessed.

I have found that some do. I have also found some are looking for something far more tangible. Others are searching and no not what they are searching for.

I guess it depends on the youth you are talking about.