Rick Saccone vs Connor Lamb in PA-18

HSFBfan

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Is that correct? If so, we won't get a winner tonight. Why won't they count tonight? It could be a basis for the loser to lodge a complaint. 

That's what was just reported by fox business. That 2 precincts won't count their votes tonight so you will not know who wins until they are counted. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

That's what was just reported by fox business. That 2 precincts won't count their votes tonight so you will not know who wins until they are counted. 

If I were a candidate I would want them counted tonight. Less chance of tampering with the votes that way. Unless there was a really good reason, and I can't think of one, I would be pretty pissed if they are not. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If I were a candidate I would want them counted tonight. Less chance of tampering with the votes that way. Unless there was a really good reason, and I can't think of one, I would be pretty pissed if they are not. 

I agree. Also there was a lot of confusion upon voters of who can vote or not in this election. There are multiple articles about that

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

6,000 absentees not counted according to ABC

That's a lot. Do you have any idea what counties these are from? They may well determine the race. Where I am originally from, absentee voting was not allowed unless you were abroad on official business: military, embassy staff, and the like. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

That's a lot. Do you have any idea what counties these are from? They may well determine the race. Where I am originally from, absentee voting was not allowed unless you were abroad on official business: military, embassy staff, and the like. 

No county has counted

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

No county has counted

No. I was asking whether the absentees were from Washington, Allegheny or Westmoreland? But upon reflection, they probably don't have that kind of data. With 6000 to be counted and the result to this point being a difference of 700 or so votes, those absentees could end up being huge!

On a personal note, I have never been a big fan of absentee voting. I have always felt that it is more susceptible to fraud.  In most elections they don't matter that much. But in one as close as this ...? They could make all the difference.

Everyone is going to spin this a disaster for the GOP and is not great.  But specials favor the motivated party and Democrats will have more problems when all 535 seats are up and they have to spread their money around.  Actually I expected he would get beat worse, if in fact he loses.