Rick Saccone vs Connor Lamb in PA-18

HSFBfan

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Everyone is going to spin this a disaster for the GOP and is not great.  But specials favor the motivated party and Democrats will have more problems when all 535 seats are up and they have to spread their money around.  Actually I expected he would get beat worse, if in fact he loses.

I didn't pay much attention to this one at all but seem to recall this Saccone guy being tagged as just a plain bad candidate. True?

Just now, concha said:

I didn't pay much attention to this one at all but seem to recall this Saccone guy being tagged as just a plain bad candidate. True?

I don’t think he was great - but 2018 will be tough.  I remember in ‘82, Republicans looked like they were going to be crushed, but Reagan who was not popular then worked his tail off and held the loss to 26 seats.  March’s conventional wisdom often looks dumb in November.

6 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Then it's over!

Yes its pretty much over. Lamb won.

Could this be also because of how unpopular congress is? When you go to RCP you see congress disapprove +70. If Lamb is really this moderate Democrat who supports a lot of what Trump has stated can he work better in congress or once Pelosi gets her hands on him hell be a far left democrat?

55 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes its pretty much over. Lamb won.

Could this be also because of how unpopular congress is? When you go to RCP you see congress disapprove +70. If Lamb is really this moderate Democrat who supports a lot of what Trump has stated can he work better in congress or once Pelosi gets her hands on him hell be a far left democrat?

Lamb is from your and my sons' generation. Maybe that is what we need: new blood. We will see. 

20 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Lamb is from your and my sons' generation. Maybe that is what we need: new blood. We will see. 

Than I will probably not like him unless he stay true to pro-gun. Gotta remember I cant stand most of my generation of people. I identify more with older people. Whats sad is I will probably be alive to see the complete and utter downfall of America. As the generations go on the perversion of America gets worse

Just now, DarterBlue said:

He has to. After all it could never be him, right? He never loses, you know!

yea..I know...LOL...Trump went there along with Pence and then they sent Jr. there too....and the RNC dropped 10 million for Saccone...only to lose...the smart republicans can see that blue wave coming....;)

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That's shallow thinking. Moderate, anti-Pelosi Lamb can do as much for POTUS than any other Republican at this point. 

Do you truly believe Pelosi will let Lamb be this moderate thinker and say yes guns are ok unions are ok and the issues he campaigned on. I highly doubt it. Pelosi wants that party to follow her every lead. I wouldnt trust a democrat as far as i can throw one

• Haha 1