Anyone else find this embarassing

HSFBfan

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Damn right i will

They get a tip and what happened? 

Nothing,  someone dropped the ball there 

I agree completely. The FBI completely fucked up. There is absolutely no denying that. Just like yesterday another kid on the fbi radar stabbed two of his friends to death at a sleepover. So i think today we should scream about knives

I know taking guns away won't stop gun violence 

But improving security in schools might prevent it from being easier targets

I read somewhere that DC area schools are in almost lockdown and have metal detectors 

If i saw it correctly since that was set up they haven't had any school shootings 

Maybe the obvious answer is the correct one,  better Security may be the best deterrent 

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

I know taking guns away won't stop gun violence 

But improving security in schools might prevent it from being easier targets

I read somewhere that DC area schools are in almost lockdown and have metal detectors 

If i saw it correctly since that was set up they haven't had any school shootings 

Maybe the obvious answer is the correct one,  better Security may be the best deterrent 

You might be right. But if so why is the NYPD taking armed officers out of NYC schools and leaving them as a soft target? get rid of Gun Free Zones including schools malls movie theaters and other soft targets

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The kids have chosen to walk out and have a peaceful protest because it has appeared that the adults around them won't do anything. Pretty simple really. It's much better than taking up arms against the people they want to prove a point to. No? 

Teachers went on strike to get more money, but, keep stiffly walking into the "killing fields" of the class rooms without apparently doing much of anything about stopping lunatics from coming into the school and shooting the students. 

There should be nothing wrong with kids learning about the power of peaceful protest, or at the minimum being allowed to express their displeasure with how the "adults" have handled their safety and protection in light of so many school shootings. We should be applauding the kids and chiding the adults that have the power but continue to thumb their nose imo. 

Hate to say it Hawg, but the first half here is ass backwards.....Lot's of people and everyone at the local level has made this a priority and to say the adults do 'nothing' is pure... HAWGWASH xDpun.

Again I ask...what is this 'protest' for and against 'who' exactly...

Do you believe in separation of 'politics' (outside of civics) from the learning environment similar to separation of 'religion' from public schools?  

Now everything you say about 'learning' peaceful protest is true, so isn't the real issue here "how they should learn it?"

You've already shown your going in the wrong direction.....by calling it a 'protest' (against some boogieman) not a demonstration to voices stances and concerns...

That is of course willfully disregarding specific political policies (such as 'gun control bill #xxxx) as elementary, middle, and even HS children should never be used as pawns in such a debate...

Thinking about it LOGICALLY, those that promote such nonsense as children having some 'protest say' are the ones putting a target on their backs, calling them actor/soldiers not innocent civilians.....pretty sure that NOTHING puts our kids at 'more risk' of attack than that...

They are certainly not being left out of any battle, at 18 they can have a full 6 year college career of protest and become politically active.....when they are 18, they will have the agreed upon right to vote, fight, die, and engage their own sword in those politics...

Yes we should be applauding those kids who want to 'get involved', but that applause should include proper educational instruction as to not only peacefull protest, demonstration, and civics/activism......but to their current role and where they stand in the landscape, and what the Adults are doing to try and 'KEEP THEM OUT OF IT' for their own best interest....

Why would you ever promote anything else????

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Bc apparently they are idiots

Check out the stupidity of this new guideline from a small town near me

Use of physical force: When deciding whether to use force, including deadly force, officers must consider the severity of the crime at issue, whether the subject poses an immediate threat to the safety of the officer(s), themselves or others, and whether the subject is actively resisting arrest or attempting to evade arrest by flight.

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Then it should be easy for you to understand how a kid might feel today.

They DO have to think about being killed.

So did we due to Columbine but it never crossed our minds. Like I said too much power given to minors today. We went to school. We didnt have all of these hours of discussions protests and the like. We lived thru 9/11 we are not worried about walking to a skyscraper today. You get over it and you move on. Yes remember it but it should not disrupt your daily routine and in these kids lives their daily routine should continue and that is to wake up go to school get an education and go home. No im sorry I cant relate to these kids. I also just found out about a gun control protest near my house I plan on counter protesting

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

I see nothing wrong with that. 

It seem sensible. 

It appears to be methodical

It is foremost thoughtful.

All things considered

Thats because you dont understand everything that goes with it and how fast of a decision you need to make. Even myself without being in those shoes but see im been around LEO my whole life so i understand how they think very well

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I am not married. Nor have any plans on being. 

Its always happened. Get over it

Just because it's been happening don't mean we should sit and do nothing 

We are basically rolling the dice with young citizens lives because no one wants to take accountability or do anything to try and fix it 

We bout to spend billions on a wall to reduce illegal immigration by a few percentage points, how about we secure our education system and make it safe by installing better Security practices at schools 

Post more Security, limit the in and out of people walking on campus and add metal detectors

I guarantee you that the death total will go down 

Just because it's been happening don't mean we should sit and do nothing 

We are basically rolling the dice with young citizens lives because no one wants to take accountability or do anything to try and fix it 

We bout to spend billions on a wall to reduce illegal immigration by a few percentage points, how about we secure our education system and make it safe by installing better Security practices at schools 

Post more Security, limit the in and out of people walking on campus and add metal detectors

I guarantee you that the death total will go down 

I can get behind more security systems at schools. More armed guards. More armed police. Metal Detectors. Pat downs. No bookbags. ETC ETC. I can get behind the things you have stated. But your not eliminating guns in this country

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I can get behind more security systems at schools. More armed guards. More armed police. Metal Detectors. Pat downs. No bookbags. ETC ETC. I can get behind the things you have stated. But your not eliminating guns in this country

I never said eliminate guns 

That won't stop it,  what we need is better security in schools

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I never said eliminate guns 

That won't stop it,  what we need is better security in schools

I said i can agree with you. But understand we are now going to dump millions of dollars into something that is a very small percentage of crime in America

• Like 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I said i can agree with you. But understand we are now going to dumb millions of dollars into something that is a very small percentage of crime in America

Don't we normally dump millions into anything we do 😂 

Regardless we do need to be able to trust our young citizens can learn without being gunned down and if better security is what it takes we need to do it

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Don't we normally dump millions into anything we do 😂 

Regardless we do need to be able to trust our young citizens can learn without being gunned down and if better security is what it takes we need to do it

How about this. Kids stay home and take class over Skype??? Give every kid a laptop and there will be no student interaction at a school setting ever? School districts can save millions

Just now, HSFBfan said:

How about this. Kids stay home and take class over Skype??? Give every kid a laptop and there will be no student interaction at a school setting ever? School districts can save millions

Well i do think eventually we will end up getting a full online education process 

But what about in the meantime lol

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

And take away their system for learning structure?

social interaction?

Teamwork

companionship

all to save you a couple bucks?

I rarley interacted with people until i got involved with athletics 

Maybe to fix interaction we need more to be encouraged (or forced)  to do something out of school (whether athletics or a club)

I rarley interacted with people until i got involved with athletics 

Maybe to fix interaction we need more to be encouraged (or forced)  to do something out of school (whether athletics or a club)

Cant force. Kids should be allowed to be loners if they choose to be