Anyone else find this embarassing

HSFBfan

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

But as a parent it is your job to make sure you kid is healthy and that could signal mental issues.

And upon forcing them to do something you can absolutely strain the parent child relationship. Too much parent involvement in a childs life is not healthy just like not enough. There is a balance. And some parents really do intervene way to much in their childs life. 

7 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I don't think so.

the 2nd will never be rescinded.

The only problem now is that what we have is the failure to "Regulate"

We have not done this in earnest for the sake of the freedom to take advantage of the statue. 

The regulation of which the forefathers spoke exist in only in principle. 

By no means should this system be considered "regulated".

Yep and little by little they are going to chip away at this right. Today its the definition of assault rifles. it started off with fully automatic. Now it will be semi-automatic. Then whats the next thing. Rifles in general than handguns. I really hope the NRA sues like crazy and i hope that they win every time. Everyday i am becoming a bigger and bigger supporter of the NRA. And this right shall not be infringed

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

@SportsnutHow do u feel about this....teacher questions the walkout and wanted to talk about the politics of the walkout and now she is placed on leave. of course this is in liberal CA where any opposing viewpoints are shut down

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/03/14/rocklin-teacher-questions-walkout/

now that's embarrassing...

for the school....

Pretty much I think why our school just hit the 'EASY button'....

giphy.gif

and pulled the plug on the school day.....

Students from our town did not have to 'worry' about any protest, or taking sides (HS civil war LOL)....if they aint in school to participate...administrators can cross that shit off the board...even before they look bad no matter what they do...

Probably a better 'learning environment' for my kid come tomorrow...than those that are still arguing it.. 

Like I said...our schools done this too many times in the papers and is a 'target demographic'....

Personally find the whole 'rally the kids into action' BS  a lot more sickening than ANYTHING Trump ever said or did.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Liberal logic. Can't have a rationale conversation without them shutting you down due to difference of opinion. Schools in this country are a very big problem 

Yes but people on the right can still fall into this trap too....

Just REALLY embarrassing for the town to find out their school administration is run by these fools.  Even though it seems to happen more with lefties...it really does not matter which side when it comes to this type of ignorance....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbcaptiron said:

Yes but people on the right can still fall into this trap too....

Just REALLY embarrassing for the town to find out their school administration is run by these fools.  Even though it seems to happen more with lefties...it really does not matter which side when it comes to this type of ignorance....

They could but you hear it considerable more from the left and especially in places like CA. I hope this lady sues and wins. 

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

@SportsnutHow do u feel about this....teacher questions the walkout and wanted to talk about the politics of the walkout and now she is placed on leave. of course this is in liberal CA where any opposing viewpoints are shut down

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/03/14/rocklin-teacher-questions-walkout/

1.  Doubtful it went down as described by the teacher in question.

2.  Placer County has more Republican voters than Democrat.

3.  As a fun experiment, tell your subordinates that your boss is making a terrible decision.  Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, GloryDays said:

1.  Doubtful it went down as described by the teacher in question.

2.  Placer County has more Republican voters than Democrat.

3.  As a fun experiment, tell your subordinates that your boss is making a terrible decision.  Let us know how it goes.

Im very fortunate that we can tell our bosses that we believe something is wrong and the policies are bad without any kind of disciplinary actions taken against us. 

Just now, Sportsnut said:

My take is that I applaud the teacher for allowing conversation on the subject and I rebuff her assertion that there can't be a double standard. A double standard exist weather we want it or not. Certain situations call for certain actions. Just as we are individuals and unique in our own way, life's circumstances are the exact same way. Given that, each situation calls for a certain action. 

The walk out for this cause, from school, is legit.

A walk out for abortion, from  school, is not. 

Everything must be put into context.

As far as the teacher being reprimanded for her action, this is a problem.

Communication, especially in or about things that are concerns for the majority, involving the health and safety of the general public, should be open for discussion at all times. These kids are afraid and should know that we, as the adults, take their lives seriously and are willing to face the troubles that arise while they grow up. This is a bad look to give the kids that want to trust that we are doing our jobs.

Wrong. its a protest. And now that the can has been open you must accept all sorts of protests from schools. 

So you disagree with the teacher being disciplined? If so i agree with you on this

Negative.

Did you not just read what I said?

Every situation is not suited for the same action.

The example I gave goes to show that difference.

I did not agree with the action taken against the teacher. 

I said the same thing

But it is. its a protest against something. And so now we must accept all protests

Sometimes it is a protest FOR something.

That in itself makes it different.

You don't have to give all everytime. 

Flexibility is a must in life. 

Sometime you do, sometimes you don't

That is truth.

There is grey between the black and white

yes for/against and now like I have stated both sides have the right to walk out in protest. That is the pandoras box that has been opened by letting these kids do what they did

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Abortion, not a school issue

School shooting, school isue

Walk out to protest security at school, legit

Walk out to protest abortion, not legit

Some things will be legit for cause

Some things won't be due to cause.

Do you get my drift?

Remember, not all situations call for the same action in response. 

The particulars are not the same. 

The ingredients are different.

Hey, BC, this is important to understand. 

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

It's called reorg and you will be mapped out.

Of course, there's an open door policy.... (wink, wink)

But we dont. We just had an open meeting and which we could tell our bosses that many policies are wrong. And they have started to fix those policies. So like I said I am very fortunate to work at a place that listens to our criticisms and they work on fixing it 

Curious as to the relative levels of protest and outrage at the national walkout between the following areas:

• Guns (or gun grab): I know locally a key promoter the walkout is a prominent gun grabber, for example.
  • "Gun-free" zones: Or, as experienced in reality, "target-rich environments" where the overwhelming bulk of mass shootings occur.
  • Enforcement of laws: Proper enforcement of existing laws would have prevented the latest tragedy and many others. More laws somehow seem to be an answer? 
  • Law enforcement entities:  Shouldn't key reform happen here?  The FBI... the local sheriff...  all culpable and an embarrassment.  Yet law-abiding gun owners are to hand over their weapons and trust these bodies to protect and serve?

16 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

You are misunderstanding.

Not both sides are walking out.

Abortion, not a school issue

School shooting, school issue

Walk out to protest security at school, legit

Walk out to protest abortion, not legit

Some things will be legit for cause

Some things won't be due to cause.

Do you get my drift?

Remember, not all situations call for the same action in response. 

The particulars are not the same. 

The ingredients are different.

Because the kids are allowed to voice their opinion on this subject in this way does not equate to them being able to voice their opinion about abortion in the same way. That would be considering the context and content. This is a must in rational thinking. 

So now totally cool for all the homophobes to run a national walkout on the schools, cause they are now threatened and feel unsafe, because a couple dudes got groped in the halls in Idaho somewhere last year right???  Now administrators can respond and perform whatever actions based on those pesky 'particulars', but the 'qualifications you've set' for protest have easily been met....

Just kinda wondering where you 'think' your line is at.....how static you think that can be.....and who the fuck gets to determine it....

Your argument 'sounds' good....but pure failure in addressing anything with any reasonable consistancy 

The kids have their job too, right?

Should there  not be any concern on their part as to the issues they are concerned about?

Should they not have communication with their bosses(Adults)?

yes have an open discussion in a classroom setting. 

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

There you go again with the gun taking talking point. 

Show some evidence where someone is trying to take them Concha.

Or stop perpetuating a lie.

Oh, nobody is talking about taking away guns from anybody or banning legal weapons?

My mistake then.

29214033_1778607802203258_20958544530932