Dorian Hardy

HawgGoneIt

Alright gentlemen, we had some threat of litigation from the last Dorian Hardy thread because there was supposedly fabrication and whatnot tied in to it. 

I hid that thread because it's pretty impossible for me as a moderator to confirm every word posted, so, if you want to post in this thread, it's going to be on you to make sure that you keep your posts on the up and up and not lie or spread rumors that you can't confirm. 

I'm going to post the actual NJ.com story verbatim and the link to that story. If you want to sue someone at that point, go sue NJ.com.

This site is a site that discusses these things about HSFB players and many of the posters here follow these kids pretty closely. We will certainly try not to slander kids for any reason while they are still minors, but when they are in the REAL news, there is nothing we can do about people choosing to discuss the news stories. 

Again, I'm asking you guys to keep your posts above the belt. This goes for everyone in the know. There was stuff posted in the last thread from a couple of different posters that couldn't be confirmed and could have been made up by either one. I suggest letting the story speak for itself actually. 

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-139969564228152652/they-tried-to-kill-my-son-frosh-parents-say-star-players-caused-football-brawl/

They tried to kill my son.’ Frosh parents say star players caused football brawl

‘They tried to kill my son.’ Frosh parents say star players caused football brawl
Miles Mitchell lays in a bed in his hospital room Thursday. (Matthew Stanmyre | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
By Matthew Stanmyre and Todderick Hunt | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
on October 13, 2017 7:30 AM, updated October 13, 2017 2:51 PM

UPDATE, Oct. 13, 2:50 p.m.: Penn State has rescinded top recruit Dorian Hardy's scholarship offer, NJ Advance Media has learned. Also, Paramus police chief Kenneth Ehrenberg said he expects charges related to the incident to be filed over the next couple days. To read more, click here.

Michael Mitchell, the Paramus Catholic football coach accused of taking part in a melee among players at the school last Friday, said top recruit Dorian Hardy and another senior were the aggressors in the altercation and that Hardy beat his freshman son so badly he’s now in the hospital.

Mitchell’s son, Miles, a 14-year-old at Paramus Catholic, was punched by Hardy at least twice during the altercation, Miles Mitchell said at his room today at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood. He was diagnosed with a concussion the night of the incident, and Wednesday, during school, he suffered a seizure in class and was taken to the hospital, his family said.

RELATED: Coach punched my son during brawl, claims father of top N.J. football recruit

Miles Mitchell’s right eye was nearly swollen shut and his head was heavily wrapped with gauze during an interview Thursday afternoon. Michael Mitchell said doctors are running tests to determine the extent of his injuries and the cause of the seizure.

“They tried to kill my son,” Michael Mitchell said. “I just hope he makes it through this and isn’t hurt for the rest of his life.”

The Mitchells’ account of the incident came hours after NJ Advance Media reported details of the brawl among star players, teammates and Michael Mitchell that erupted after practice at Paramus Catholic last Friday. Hardy’s father, Charles Hardy, said Michael Mitchell punched his son twice in the face after Hardy came to the aid of a teammate who was hit with a helmet during the fight.

Michael Mitchell denied punching Dorian Hardy, but said the school fired him from his coaching position.

Miles Mitchell admitted swinging his helmet at senior Jonathan Clark and striking him in the back. Miles Mitchell said he used his helmet because Clark was choking him with both hands.

The other freshman involved in the fight, Joshua Hernandez, said the altercation began when Hardy told him to pull down his jersey. Hernandez said when he didn’t move fast enough, Hardy tried to remove the freshman’s helmet and choke him. Around the same time, Hernandez said, Clark shoved him and his head smashed against a wall.

It was at that point that Miles Mitchell intervened and tried to help Hernandez, according to both freshmen and their parents.

Hernandez’s father, Johnson, called Miles Mitchell “my hero because Miles was trying to help my son.” Johnson Hernandez added that he took his son to Hackensack Medical Center Saturday, where he was diagnosed with a concussion.

“Those two kids attacked my son for no reason,” Johnson Hernandez said.

RELATED: N.J.'s top DE Dorian Hardy commits to Penn State after visit

Meanwhile, Hardy’s mother, Sharon Hardy, said Thursday her son only punched Miles Mitchell after the freshman swung his helmet and hit Clark with it. She also questioned why Miles Mitchell was allowed to return to school after a brief suspension and her son was told he was suspended indefinitely.

“I don’t understand why my child was wrong for protecting his teammate and fighting him after getting hit with a helmet,” Sharon Hardy said. “I don’t understand why my son gets suspended, his scholarship may be in jeopardy, when another kid used a weapon and hit somebody upside the head.”

Paramus police were eventually called last Friday and produced a report saying four players and Michael Mitchell were involved in the fight. According to the police account, the physical altercation began around 5:24 p.m. when a player believed to be Dorian Hardy started to pull on another player’s jersey, records say. A teacher intervened in the hallway and broke up the fight, but it continued outside, prompting two other players and Mitchell to join in, the report said.

The fight was broken up by 5:27 p.m., according to the report.

A 14-year-old player believed to be Miles Mitchell had visible swelling to his face, the report stated. It also said that Michael Mitchell “became involved in the altercation,” but it did not say he threw punches.

It’s unclear how the altercation will affect the status of Hardy and Clark, a pair of seniors with scholarship offers from Division 1 program. Hardy, a 6-foot-5, 245-pound defensive end, is a four-star recruit who has verbally committed to play next year for Penn State. Clark, meanwhile, has committed to Central Michigan University.

Both players have left the school, their parents said.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2738534-dorian-hardy-reportedly-no-longer-penn-state-commit-after-post-practice-fight

Dorian Hardy Reportedly No Longer Penn State Commit After Post-Practice Fight

TIM DANIELSOCTOBER 13, 2017

eb5a5fd980542aecc1cef05e6e41c3db_crop_no
Photo Credit: 247Sports

Dorian Hardy, one of the top defensive ends in the 2018 college football recruiting class, is reportedly no longer committed to Penn State. 

Sean Fitz of 247Sports first reported the update Friday. Land of 10's Stephen Pianovich noted the news comes after Hardy was involved in a "post-practice brawl" at Paramus Catholic High School in New Jersey last week.

Charles Hardy, the father of the former Nittany Lions commit, told Matthew Stanmyre and Todderick Hunt of NJ Advance Media his son came to the aid of a teammate during the altercation and was later punched in the face twice by assistant coach Michael Mitchell.

Meanwhile, Mitchell told Stanmyre and Hunt in a separate interview Hardy and another member of the team were the "aggressors" in the fight, which left the assistant's son, Miles Mitchell, with a concussion and a right eye that was "nearly swollen shut."

"They tried to kill my son," Michael Mitchell said. "I just hope he makes it through this and isn't hurt for the rest of his life."

The elder Mitchell denied ever throwing a punch at Hardy but said Paramus Catholic High School fired him from his position on the football team's coaching staff.

Police told NJ Advance Media no charges were filed in the case as of Thursday.

Hardy is a 4-star prospect who's rated as the No. 196 overall recruit in the 2018 class, according to the 247Sports composite rankings. He's also listed as the No. 10 strong-side defensive end in the group.

He originally committed to Penn State in June. 247Sports noted Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and Michigan were the other high-profile programs to make him an offer before he chose the Nittany Lions. 

https://www.landof10.com/penn-state/penn-state-football-dorian-hardy-ecu

penn_state_hdqmrj.png
Lof10_white_200x.png 

National Signing Day: Former Penn State commit Dorian Hardy signs with ECU

Hardy initially committed to Penn State in June 2017.
@Hardy39Hardy
Posted 1 month ago

Former Penn State recruit Dorian Hardy, who parted ways with the program after a fight with one of his former coaches at Paramus Catholic High School (Paramus, N.J) in October 2017, has signed with East Carolina, his mother Sharon announced in a tweet Wednesday.

Your path is your path! The few who stand behind you are much stronger than the many who turned against you. You are a great young man and you will defeat all odds. I love you my son and I love the ECU Pirates! Congratulations

Hardy left Paramus Catholic shortly after the physical altercation. His father, Charles, told NJ.com that Hardy “came to the aid” of a teammate and then was punched in the face by then-assistant coach Michael Mitchell, who later claimed Hardy was the aggressor in his fight and beat up his son, a freshman football player, so badly he ended up in the hospital after having a seizure.

Hardy is a 3-star recruit, according to the 247Sports Composite. The recruiting website ranks him No. 27 among player from New Jersey in the class of 2018. He initially committed to the Nittany Lions on Jun. 11, but soon after news of the fight spread he was tasked with finding a new program. He enrolled at North Brunswick Township High School shortly after leaving Paramus Catholic, and then took oficial visits to Baylor and ECU.

2 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Appreciate it,.. all I did was try to have a discussion about the news article I saw didn’t realize there’s women on here

I know. I read the thread and couldn't really find anything terrible or very far outside of the actual news stories. Just in the interest of protecting our members and website, I felt like maybe we should remove it and start over. 

Kids do get in trouble all the time. Sometimes it's kids on our favorite teams, or neighbors or whatever. We may want to protect them and I get that, but, when there is actual news stories out there en masse, it's likely going to be discussed here. Especially when it involves kids that play on teams that do get a good deal of discussion already. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know. I read the thread and couldn't really find anything terrible or very far outside of the actual news stories. Just in the interest of protecting our members and website, I felt like maybe we should remove it and start over. 

Kids do get in trouble all the time. Sometimes it's kids on our favorite teams, or neighbors or whatever. We may want to protect them and I get that, but, when there is actual news stories out there en masse, it's likely going to be discussed here. Especially when it involves kids that play on teams that do get a good deal of discussion already. 

I'm searching my memory banks, and I can't recall anything "out there".

Weird.

I know of a Sports related litigation outfit out of Miami that specializes in sports related issues, if needed.

9 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I'm searching my memory banks, and I can't recall anything "out there".

Weird.

I know of a Sports related litigation outfit out of Miami that specializes in sports related issues, if needed.

I think in this case there was thought to be some intent. Technically, the site was in the clear and a poster was the target of said threat of possible litigation. Something about intent or whatever.

I figured best practice to just eliminate the thread and cover all bases. We gotta look out for each other here. 

• Thanks 1