Heading to Colorado!

Nolebull813

Taking the fam to Colorado for spring break. I'm from Florida so the last place I wanna be for spring break is here. Lol. 

I been to Colorado once. Went to a game in Boulder against USC. Matt Barkley threw for a school record 6 touchdowns. Boulder was hippie-ville.  People walking around barefoot in 30 degrees. 

Anyways, any body from or been to Denver that has any recommendations? I am definitely stopping at masterpiece cake shop. But anywhere else that is worth a stop? 

I know jack about Colorado. I'd probably try to find where Mother Abigail took the folks from the book "The Stand" after they left Hemingford Home, Nebraska. 

As an aside, I remember last year, you said that you all were going to Pigeon Forge for a vacation, but we never heard back on how it was. I remember mentioning my friend's cabins up there when you were looking for a place. Anyway, I'm heading up there in a few weeks, but, it's only a launching pad for Bristol Motor Speedway (free cabin) Having friends in low places is great. My weekend will be busy, so, if you had to choose one thing to do in Pigeon Forge, and you had about half a day to get it in, what would you choose to do? 

Hope y'all have a great time in Colorado. Hit me back with an answer to my question if you find time at all. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know jack about Colorado. I'd probably try to find where Mother Abigail took the folks from the book "The Stand" after they left Hemingford Home, Nebraska. 

As an aside, I remember last year, you said that you all were going to Pigeon Forge for a vacation, but we never heard back on how it was. I remember mentioning my friend's cabins up there when you were looking for a place. Anyway, I'm heading up there in a few weeks, but, it's only a launching pad for Bristol Motor Speedway (free cabin) Having friends in low places is great. My weekend will be busy, so, if you had to choose one thing to do in Pigeon Forge, and you had about half a day to get it in, what would you choose to do? 

Hope y'all have a great time in Colorado. Hit me back with an answer to my question if you find time at all. 

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge was great. Went snow tubing with the kids and ate great food everyday. My 82 year old grandma came with us. She flew and we drove up and met her at the airport. We stayed in a condo meant to look like a cabin. Lol. We went to the aquarium and the Guinness book of world records place. Also went to the comedy barn dinner and show. My dad forced us to go to some huge antique store and we got lost in there for over an hour. Good times. 

Here is the comedy barn you should check out 

http://www.comedybarn.com/

also it is a huge tourist area so it depends what you want to do. They might still have skiing and snow sports on the mountain. Also they have a new Hollywood wax museum. It wasn't there the last time we went so I believe it's new 

http://www.hollywoodwaxmuseum.com/mobile/pigeon-forge/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Taking the fam to Colorado for spring break. I'm from Florida so the last place I wanna be for spring break is here. Lol. 

I been to Colorado once. Went to a game in Boulder against USC. Matt Barkley threw for a school record 6 touchdowns. Boulder was hippie-ville.  People walking around barefoot in 30 degrees. 

Anyways, any body from or been to Denver that has any recommendations? I am definitely stopping at masterpiece cake shop. But anywhere else that is worth a stop? 

I'd say you have it covered with the fam visit to masterpiece cake shop. Hope the bakery meets your expectations.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Was just in Denver 3 weeks ago. My biggest recommendation for you and your family is to use the kats driving around Denver on bikes pulling a carriage. They know all kinds of stuff about Denver and they're also better than taxis. They do tours too. Super cheap and fun for the family. At least we thought so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Was just in Denver 3 weeks ago. My biggest recommendation for you and your family is to use the kats driving around Denver on bikes pulling a carriage. They know all kinds of stuff about Denver and they're also better than taxis. They do tours too. Super cheap and fun for the family. At least we thought so.

I've used one of those before in San Antonio to get to and from the Alamodome. It was worth it in that damn heat!! 

They work their ass off. We are renting a car but depending how far the walk is to certain places from the parking lot we might jump on one of those just for fun 

22 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

The Denver and Boulder area are amazing. Tons to do. If you like skiing or snowboarding, it's even better!

On 3/27/2018 at 6:59 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Ahh let’s see Brackenridge has top notch skiing.. STAY THE FUCK out of East Caufax unless you want your pockets ran ... I literally met some dude at a dispensary.. and 3 mins later after meeting him he gave me a stolen suv for the week for $100

best place to go after you pregame 

AE8BD12C-43A3-4315-9048-7A7294ED1B32.png

22 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Ahh let’s see Brackenridge has top notch skiing.. STAY THE FUCK out of East Caufax unless you want your pockets ran ... I literally met some dude at a dispensary.. and 3 mins later after meeting him he gave me a stolen suv for the week for $100

best place to go after you pregame 

AE8BD12C-43A3-4315-9048-7A7294ED1B32.png

I got a culture pass with this included. You get to go this museum. 3 other museums, botanical gardens and Denver zoo for only $30 per person. 

Its cold as hell right now and snow flurries. Tomorrow is Copper Mountain