More advertisers drop Laura Ingraham's Fox News show over David Hogg tweet

TheBlockIsHot

25 minutes ago, noonereal said:

keep posting this stuff

post it on your twitter and Facebook, in other boards

every time you go after a kid who has been through such hell, you lose a vote

Keep holding up “Hogg Wild” up as some sort of modern day MLK.

Every time that kid goes in National TV and with zero pushback from the “adult” anchors says the NRA and it’s employees and members are vile and disgusting and don’t care about their lives, accuses politicians of being corrupt puppets, and says that looking at a Senator is like looking down the barrel of the AR-15 that was wielded by a madman, he loses votes.

9 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Keep holding up “Hogg Wild” up as some sort of modern day MLK.

Every time that kid goes in National TV and with zero pushback from the “adult” anchors says the NRA and it’s employees and members are vile and disgusting and don’t care about their lives, accuses politicians of being corrupt puppets, and says that looking at a Senator is like looking down the barrel of the AR-15 that was wielded by a madman, he loses votes.

I have not really seen this kid much. Just a few seconds at a rally stuff . 

Do you have a link by chance? 

From my vantage point he is a kid who has gone through hell so you show him compassion and offer tutelage in his grief. 

(Common for victims of violence to strike out in anger) 

Who is "he?" "he loses votes."

Is this kid running for something now, isn't he to young? 

Sorry if I am not understanding your post completely. 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

What's untrue about that exactly?

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, noonereal said:

From my vantage point he is a kid who has gone through hell so you show him compassion and offer tutelage in his grief. 

So, you've been making your usual fact-free yet uber-judgmental commentary.

Color us shocked.xD

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You’re a smart guy, but I think you’re being disingenuous here.  You know exactly what I’m talking about.  Does “he” lose a vote?  No.  Hogg isn’t running for anything.  But neither is Concha when you say “you lose a vote” to him.  Concha is in one side of this debate and Hogg is on the other.

Hogg has put himself out there as the new face of the gun control movement.  He’s gone so far as to appear and speak at the March for Our Lives in DC and call out politicians who are in the “pocket” of the NRA!should “update their resumes” and he’s gonna lead a movement to drive them from office, ostensibly for more gun control.  But he’s a terrible and hyperbolic spokesman, wrong on the facts, and costs his side votes.  

I agree that he’s a victim and is sad and angry and hurt.  That’s why there’s a way to show he’s wrong while doing it respectfully.  Watch Shapiro.  This is exactly what he does.  He always acknowledges Hogg is a victim of a tragedy, but also shows how he’s wrong.  No potshots like Ingraham, just the facts.  And if this is how he’s dealing with his trauma his folks should be parents for a change, put him in counseling and back in school and help him get back to some semblance of a normal life.

I just can't see people like @concha and the hateful Ingram people attacking a kid who has been though such trauma. 

I don't care what he says for at least 6 months. 

But I would appreciate anyone posing a link showing why they are so upset at this child. 

The link posted in this thread to Youtube is a spliced propaganda piece. I'd like to see this kid speak without all the editing and wingnut commentary. Maybe I can then understanding savaging a child who is working through trauma's effects. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

I just can't see people like @concha and the hateful Ingram people attacking a kid who has been though such trauma. 

I don't care what he says for at least 6 months. 

But I would appreciate anyone posing a link showing why they are so upset at this child. 

The link posted in this thread to Youtube is a spliced propaganda piece. I'd like to see this kid speak without all the editing and wingnut commentary. Maybe I can then understanding savaging a child who is working through trauma's effects. 

This kid is far from traumatized.  You already admit to not watching the kid.  He admits to barely knowing any of the kids who were killed.  And I don't think there's a photo or video out there of him in tears.   He was on CNN with Dan "Fake News" Rather and took the opportunity to ask Ol' Danny Boy for career advice! THAT'S how "traumatized" he is!

9 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Hogg has put himself out there as the new face of the gun control movement.  He’s gone so far as to appear and speak at the March for Our Lives in DC and call out politicians who are in the “pocket” of the NRA!should “update their resumes” and he’s gonna lead a movement to drive them from office, ostensibly for more gun control.  

I would think this positive. The NRA has much too much power. Do we both agree? 

But he’s a terrible and hyperbolic spokesman, wrong on the facts, and costs his side votes.  

Not that I don't believe you but do you have a link so as I can make up my own mind. I am not one to support agenda like a Concha and worry about massaging facts later. 

If I were, I would not be asking questions, I'd be all left loon or wingnut replying to you.

I agree that he’s a victim and is sad and angry and hurt.  That’s why there’s a way to show he’s wrong while doing it respectfully.

This is the reasoned and pragmatic approach. Careful with this. you'll wind up like me with both sides periodically pissed at you. 

Watch Shapiro.  This is exactly what he does.  He always acknowledges Hogg is a victim of a tragedy, but also shows how he’s wrong.No potshots like Ingraham, just the facts.

What/who is Shapiro? I would be interested.  

And if this is how he’s dealing with his trauma his folks should be parents for a change, put him in counseling and back in school and help him get back to some semblance of a normal life.

I need know more to comment on what may be most prudent. I respect your opinion. 

14 minutes ago, concha said:

This kid is far from traumatized.  You already admit to not watching the kid.  He admits to barely knowing any of the kids who were killed.  And I don't think there's a photo or video out there of him in tears.   He was on CNN with Dan "Fake News" Rather and took the opportunity to ask Ol' Danny Boy for career advice! THAT'S how "traumatized" he is!

stop with the hate and have a conversation or go away. 

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I would think this positive. The NRA has much too much power. Do we both agree? 

Not that I don't believe you but do you have a link so as I can make up my own mind. I am not one to support agenda like a Concha and worry about massaging facts later. 

If I were, I would not be asking questions, I'd be all left loon or wingnut replying to you.

This is the reasoned and pragmatic approach. Careful with this. you'll wind up like me with both sides periodically pissed at you. 

What/who is Shapiro? I would be interested.  

I need know more to comment on what may be most prudent. I respect your opinion. 

I’ll dig some stuff up and answer.  Today’s a hectic day starting about 15 mind. Ago but I’ll respond at some point today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

stop with the hate and have a conversation or go away. 

Captain Factless is upset.

Perhaps Captain Factless should buy a frigging clue about what he talking about and stop trolling.

You admit to not watching this kid at all, yet jump to his defense with all kinds of opinion.

You ask "Who is Shapiro?" when he is the guy in the videos I linked - which you obviously didn't watch but felt free to criticize.

And Captain Factless wants us to take him seriously.  xDxD