trump murdering the Dow......

RedZone

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

That too and that could explode....

I have a feeling it will.

So does the markets. 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that 25% additional cost on steel equates to price increase in finished goods on A LOT of stuff.  

Look around the room where you are and take not of everything with steel. Any amount of steel. 

Add 25% to the cost. 

50 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I have a feeling it will.

So does the markets. 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that 25% additional cost on steel equates to price increase in finished goods on A LOT of stuff.  

Look around the room where you are and take not of evetything with steel. Any amount of steel. 

Add 25% to the cost. 

Just spent $500 for casing an molding for a master bathroom, we’ll see if it’s made of steel soon😵

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Dow still up 5k from inauguration day. Dow is just fine. Relax. 

I guess I wasted my time trying to educate you on market action. The DOW and other major indices are not just fine, thank you.

And, I am not even blaming Trump. For I don't at this stage either know or care what the reason is. All I care about is being on the right side of this trade 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gospeeder said:

The market and the economy are their own entities and it makes no difference who is in office relative to POTUS. One only needs to follow the history of each going back to the beginning of last century. All of the indicators that have preceded strong downturns in the past have been festering for some time now... abnormally high "run up" of the DOW - Obscene real estate values way above what they should be -  A far too rapid growth of the tech industry where more jobs are eliminated for every new job created along with a ridiculous shift in the growth of the wealthiest around the world at the expense of the middle class, are just a few of the factors that will contribute to a sharp economic downturn. This is not just a US problem. When it crashes it will happen in most parts of the world.

I will give you an A- for this post. Market action, positive or negative, generally precedes the public availability of the news. Most individuals never understand this. Thus, they have to blame the market's decline on the most recent news of the day. The stock market is and has been overvalued for several years. It has been buoyed by expansionary monetary policy on the part of the Fed. Take that away, and it's on shaky ground. Once the first signs of technical breakdown emerged in mid to late January, it was the signal that it was time to head for the doors if you had been invested on the long side. 

14 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I guess I wasted my time trying to educate you on market action. The DOW and other major indices are not just fine, thank you.

And, I am not even blaming Trump. For I don't at this stage either know or care what the reason is. All I care about is being on the right side of this trade 

Since your shorting you wanna see it go down every day lol

22 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Since your shorting you wanna see it go down every day lol

Actually, no, I don't. I want to see it follow patterns of price and volume action I can interpret. If it just dropped out of bed day after day, after day, I would probably cover the positions as I would not understand that kind of action. When I am not in sync with market activity, I stand aside. You can't go broke that way. 

22 minutes ago, noonereal said:

last I heard it was because of Amazon breach.

I'd love to be a stock market analysis, you can make up anything:)

If you are reporting on the market, sure. If you are trading the market, doing this is a recipe for disaster, particularly if you believe the bull you are reporting. I treat news as secondary when it comes to the market. It is not the news itself that influences markets. It is the psychology of those moving the most money, as this guides their response to the news of the day.

In bull markets, bad news has little to no effect on prices. In bear markets, good news is treated as bad news. The 2008/09 bear market began in the fall of 2007. At that time it was not widely reported that the housing markets were collapsing. However, the market already knew this. By the time the general public became aware of the financial implications of the housing collapse, we were already mired in a very bad bear market.