China fires back, announcing tariffs on US planes, cars and soybeans

RedZone

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Please see my comment immediately above your response. I look at actual data, not what the talking heads on CNBC have to say. In case you don't know, I trade, while they pontificate!

Yes i know I saw it after I responded. There is probably very little chance it hits positive numbers today at least in my opinion but since you do the research you could tell me

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yes i know I saw it after I responded. There is probably very little chance it hits positive numbers today at least in my opinion but since you do the research you could tell me

There is a big battle going on as I type this. It's for the very heart and soul of the 2009-2018? Bull Market. If the bulls can somehow turn today around, it will be an extremely bullish sign. They are certainly trying their darnedest in the face of bad headlines. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

There is a big battle going on as I type this. It's for the very heart and soul of the 2009-2018? Bull Market. If the bulls can somehow turn today around, it will be an extremely bullish sign. They are certainly trying their darnedest in the face of bad headlines. 

Where do you think the DOW should be? 21-22k levels?

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Where do you think the DOW should be? 21-22k levels?

From a valuation standpoint, the market averages should probably be 25% below current levels. But valuations are never used by me to make forecasts. While in the very, very long term, values are reflected in prices, sometimes for very long periods stocks can remain overvalued or undervalued. So, I will let the market's action determine what I do with my trade. 

Values only measure risk. But they do not determine direction.

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Actually, you should pay attention to the market action; how it actually trades. One percent drops day in and day out bleed you to death. 

Yes you can look at it like that too. 1-2% a day is like a slow death. But you guys know a lot more than me. I have no dog in the fight. I just like to watch what it does 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

Keep in mind that Wall Street is bullish on our POTUS. We're all in good hands. 

Yes but the speculation with the news are driving these investors nuts. As you can see down over 400 this morning. Now down about 150. Still have a long way to go but if you bought this morning your doing ok

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

@DarterBlue Dow has bounced back almost 300 points from the opening

Like I said above, today is a life and death struggle for the soul of the bull market. So far the bulls are winning. If they do so decisively, I will probably cover my shorts after I do my analysis. However, the day is still young and the rally could stall.

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Like I said above, today is a life and death struggle for the soul of the bull market. So far the bulls are winning. If they do so decisively, I will probably cover my shorts after I do my analysis. However, the day is still young and the rally could stall.

it depends on what part of investing your in. If your looking to retire soon yea your watching whats happening closely and doing the research like you said. If your a young investor who has 30 years to go than today means very little. 

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Every trade-related decision POTUS makes is for the betterment of our country. Invest some and come along for this fantastic ride! 

If I had money I would go in. China has what billion in trade surplus on us. That needs to end. We gotta get to a point where the USA has the surplus and the dominant hand

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

it depends on what part of investing your in. If your looking to retire soon yea your watching whats happening closely and doing the research like you said. If your a young investor who has 30 years to go than today means very little. 

Actually, it depends on what kind of market participant you are. If you are the average person, I agree with you. For me, I have always been a trader. I don't have an investor's temperament. 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

You should do the work yourself. Giving someone the responsibility for the most importing thing in your financial life is not smart. It generally ends badly.

I dont have the time nor the knowledge. So ill ship you 10 bucks throw it anywhere you think. Whats the worse that can happen I lose 10 bucks