China fires back, announcing tariffs on US planes, cars and soybeans

RedZone

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You should do the work yourself. Giving someone the responsibility for the most importing thing in your financial life is not smart. It generally ends badly.

This posts proves you are honest.

People "in the game never say no to investing others peoples money.

Another reason to play a fair game, like craps. 

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

the market fell yesterday,again 

or am I just not keeping up?

Question

What was the opening for the year, what was the Q1 close and where is it as of close yesterday?

Thanks

The market gained at least a percent on the worst index yesterday. So, yes, you were not keeping up. It's hard to with all the wide swings. 

Can't give you the precise stats right now, as I am on the road and don't have access to my spreadsheets. However, as of yesterday's close, the only indexes up on the year were the two NASDAQ indices. They were up about .5% while the DOW and S&P were down around 2%. January was a very good month. However, February and March were bad months. 

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Disagree here. Well-trained, licensed, experienced experts are needed. You don't know hsfbfan. 

It does not take rocket science to be successful in the markets. If you have average intelligence you can do fine. If you are a trader like me, you need to manage your risk carefully at all times. 

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

This posts proves you are honest.

I try to be as honest as I can be. What I do is not for most people. In fact, the few times I have managed money for friends and family it has affected me negatively. I did not lose their money. But my performance suffered. 

24 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Example? Like are you buying land and hoping someone wants to buy it from you to build a house?

I'd suggest buying multi family dwellings. 

If land, buy something that can be rented. The rent covers much of the mortgage and .after it's paid the rent is income forever. 

I get 10% on the value of my land anually. Good luck getting that kind of return in a bank or with any kind of consistency in the market. 

Also, in the meantime, my land has doubled in value since purchased. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

I'd suggest buying multi family dwellings. 

If land, buy something that can be rented. The rent covers much of the mortgage and .after it's paid the rent is income forever. 

I get 10% on the value of my land anally. Good luck getting that kind of return in a bank or with any kind of consistency in the market. 

Also, in the meantime, my land has doubled in value since purchased. 

So you take it up the ass huh LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, noonereal said:

The financial markets are not unfair. You just have to know what your advantages and disadvantages are and play to your advantages. I don't day trade because my transactions costs (commissions and spreads) are higher than the big institutions. I also don't get my data in the millisecond that some institutions do. However, on the plus side, my small positions don't move markets, so if I play my hand right, I can get out much more easily and less costly when markets are moving quickly. 

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Question

What was the opening for the year, what was the Q1 close and where is it as of close yesterday?

Thanks

The DOW closed 2017 on 12/29/17 at 24,719. It opened up about 150 points higher on 1/2/18.

First quarter close was 24,295. Yesterday's close was 24,035. It is still down on the year as I type this. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

The DOW closed 2017 on 12/29/17 at 24,719. It opened up about 150 points higher on 1/2/18.

First quarter close was 24,295. Yesterday's close was 24,035. It is still down on the year as I type this. 

So its down about 700 points for the year?

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Yeah. Just about. Not a whole lot, but it's been a wild ride. Not the smooth sailing we had in 2017 and 2016.

When your trying to mix up the status quo things are going to go for a wild ride. Will eventually settle out. were back around that 24k level again.