The US Deficit

noonereal

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

figures, the poor are always getting screwed

Not really. Poor people can make anywhere from 30-60k a year just sitting at home and collecting maximum social entitlements. This is taking into account SNAP, welfare, WIC, subsidized housing, medi-care, social security disability, etc.............

All while never showing up to a job.

• Like 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

your not being serious right?? how many millions of dollars are spent on the lower class. 

Damned serious, not nearly enough.

I am a fiscal conservative but a social liberal. 

Hence a true centrist. 

See how that works and why I am against Trump? 

He is the reverse of both. 

Now, that is. 

Just now, noonereal said:

Damned serious, not nearly enough.

I am a fiscal conservative but a social liberal. 

Hence a true centrist. 

See how that works and why I am against Trump? 

He is the reverse of both. 

Now, that is. 

I am anything but a social liberal so that could explain why we never agree. Btw its your tax money that goes to the poor as you work your ass off

1 minute ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Not really. Poor people can make anywhere from 30-60k a year just sitting at home and collecting maximum social entitlements. This is taking into account SNAP, welfare, WIC, subsidized housing, medi-care, social security disability, etc.............

BINGO!!!!!!! Wow block another day we can have an agreement 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

These numbers sound outrageous but in truth, no one on welfare lives like they are making $60,000 a year. 

It's complete nonsense. 

I do expect @concha to now run down his basement and make a chart that challenges the reality. 

These numbers sound outrageous but in truth, no one on welfare lives like they are making $60,000 a year. 

It's complete nonsense. 

I do expect @concha to now run down his basement and make a chart that challenges the reality. 

Those numbers come from taking into account ALL of the social entitlements that poor people are eligible for. Many collect all of these at once.

Free healthcare is factored in because there is a cost associated with this, just as if a job was paying premiums for you. It is calculated into your overall income.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I am anything but a social liberal so that could explain why we never agree. Btw its your tax money that goes to the poor as you work your ass off

I never worked my a$$ off except when I was working 65 hours weeks, exempt from minimum wage and over time laws. 

It's all perspective as I know I worked much longer and  harder than you, for example, but never felt oppressed. 

Also of interest and something you should consider is that the easiest job I ever had I made some very serious cash. 

Again, it's all perspective because some of the folks that were my peers cried all the time. Others, like me, appreciated being where we were and knew it was a special opportunity. 

Welfare- $1500 a month

WIC- $400 a month

Food Stamps- $500 a month

Subsidized housing- $1500 a month

Free healthcare- $1,700 a month

Total - $67,200 in social entitlements per year. No job.

Why am i working???? I can make close to 70k a year by sitting home 

4 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Those numbers come from taking into account ALL of the social entitlements that poor people are eligible for. Many collect all of these at once.

Free healthcare is factored in because there is a cost associated with this, just as if a job was paying premiums for you. It is calculated into your overall income.

I know all this. been over it, looked at it close. 

I stand by my statements. 

I never worked my a$$ off except when I was working 65 hours weeks, exempt from minimum wage and over time laws. 

It's all perspective as I know I worked much longer and  harder than you, for example, but never felt oppressed. 

Also of interest and something you should consider is that the easiest job I ever had I made some very serious cash. 

Again, it's all perspective because some of the folks that were my peers cried all the time. Others, like me, appreciated being where we were and knew it was a special opportunity. 

Ill give you a round of applause for working harder than me LMAOOOO. But understand part of your money went to people sitting on their ass never having to get a job. 

2 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Welfare- $1500 a month

WIC- $400 a month

Food Stamps- $500 a month

Subsidized housing- $1500 a month

Free healthcare- $1,700 a month

Total - $67,200 in social entitlements per year. No job.

Can you please post the name of this person with a link?

Thanks

You realize folks like BC12 believe this? 

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

This would apply to a family.

But you could still do very well for a single person if you worked the system.

I still wouldn't want to do it though.

Ok so even if your a single person making 40k a year isnt really enough to live on especially in NY. Not saying I would never do it. And 70k for a family in NY is very little esp when you live in the city or close to it. But than again its 70k without working

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Ill give you a round of applause for working harder than me LMAOOOO. But understand part of your money went to people sitting on their ass never having to get a job. 

I understand how people are unable to take care of themselves in a capitalistic system so it never bothered me to help them through taxes. 

I understand how people are unable to take care of themselves in a capitalistic system so it never bothered me to help them through taxes. 

Ok dude. Again I dont agree with you as I believe you need to be self sufficient and if you cant be than you end up on the streets. If you work it shouldnt be on your money that these people sit home and collect

This is an educated estimate from multiple sources.

Take a look.

My example was a typical family of 4.

Trust me, I am aware and knew it was based on a family not an individual. That was obvious, well not to BC12 maybe. 

i the real world I have yet to see the prosperity these numbers would suggest. 

Hence I asked for particular people whose life I could examine. 

Trust me, I am aware and knew it was based on a family not an individual. That was obvious, well not to BC12 maybe. 

i the real world I have yet to see the prosperity these numbers would suggest. 

Hence I asked for particular people whose life I could examine. 

Ask @concha

He collects all of these entitlements.

:D

Thanks to the results of a study from the University of California at Berkeley, we now have a more accurate idea of exactly how much funding these programs require. Many have hostile attitudes toward SNAP, unemployment insurance, and other programs, and if you’re going strictly off the price tag, it does look like there’s room to be concerned.

The total? $152.8 billion annually.

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Thanks to the results of a study from the University of California at Berkeley, we now have a more accurate idea of exactly how much funding these programs require. Many have hostile attitudes toward SNAP, unemployment insurance, and other programs, and if you’re going strictly off the price tag, it does look like there’s room to be concerned.

The total? $152.8 billion annually.

All so some people don't have to work.

There should be work requirements for ALL social entitlements.

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Ok dude. Again I dont agree with you as I believe you need to be self sufficient and if you cant be than you end up on the streets. If you work it shouldnt be on your money that these people sit home and collect

Self sufficiency is not a dominate human trait. Humans are social animals who live communally. Within the community we all provide differing  resources. The structure demanded of a capitalistic system places demands on people that many simply cannot perform. For a variety of reasons. 

Capitalism is invoked because it does produce maximal results. 

Where it goes wrong is when it does not benefit those who are ill-equipped to be part of the system. Greed prohibits the communal sharing of production.

Capitalism forbids self sufficiency in traditional ways.  In other words, those that may be just fine as a gatherer or a hunter are not allowed to exist as such under capitalism. 

Do I need explain this in more detail or do you understand?