The US Deficit

noonereal

Just now, noonereal said:

Self sufficiency is not a dominate human trait. Humans are social animals who live communally. Within the community we all provide differing  resources. The structure demanded of a capitalistic system places demands on people that many simply cannot perform. For a variety of reasons. 

Capitalism is invoked because it does produce maximal results. 

Where it goes wrong is when it does not benefit those who are ill-equipped to be part of the system. Greed prohibits the communal sharing of production.

Capitalism forbids self sufficiency in traditional ways.  In other words, those that may be just fine as a gatherer or a hunter are not allowed to exist as such under capitalism. 

Do I need explain this in more detail or do you understand?

You can take care of yourself. You supposed to put yourself in a position to take care of yourself. But people have kids that they can not support which leads them onto the welfare rolls. Or they didnt get the proper training or education. Either way you put yourself in a bad spot unless you were laid off from a closing business in which that is not your fault. 

Just now, noonereal said:

my ego has no such needs, but I acknowledge your admiration

I dont admire you. thats another problem with people in this country. you have people looking up to other people. Not good. Focus on you and you alone and youll achieve what you can achieve. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Educate yourself on these food stamp numbers.

You should read more.

https://www.cbpp.org/research/food-assistance/a-quick-guide-to-snap-eligibility-and-benefits

All true... HSFB's numbers are a bit ridiculous....

But when you consider State Aid and even city aid in places, he has a point.

And there are a significant number of people who would rather bilk the system, than keep a job or work full time...

That people shortchange themselves and choose this option, is not really as debatable, as how much they receive from others when doing so.....

4 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

All true... HSFB's numbers are a bit ridiculous....

But when you consider State Aid and even city aid in places, he has a point.

And there are a significant number of people who would rather bilk the system, than keep a job or work full time...

That people shortchange themselves and choose this option, is not really as debatable, as how much they receive from others when doing so.....

The block put out the numbers. I did not produce numbers. Again we need to blow up the current system and make people work. If they fail then they fail but we as a country cannot and should not keep supporting them

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

They are Block numbers.

And no he does not. 

You want to believe these people are having it that good. 

It is not true. 

Yes there are those people that want to ride free but the overwhelming majority are doing what they can to be independent and survive, just like you. 

People don't choose this as an option. 

This is the way of life that is the result of all things past. 

You will say, "Stop blaming the past".

How can I. I see it every day

Right before my very eyes.

So do you but you can't accept that as a reason for the condition of anything today. 

Ok gotcha...I don't think they have it good either...In fact I think it sucks...(that's why i stated 'shortchanged')

Point is people still do it...and not because they 'think' it's going to suck...

But there is 'incentive' there....which I think may not actually be 'helping' them as much as many think....

And yes ...when you do nothing...you have in fact "chosen" to stay where you are...

1 minute ago, dbcaptiron said:

Ok gotcha...I don't think they have it good either...In fact I think it sucks...(that's why i stated 'shortchanged')

Point is people still do it...and not because they 'think' it's going to suck...

But there is 'incentive' there....which I think may not actually be 'helping' them as much as many think....

And yes ...when you do nothing...you have in fact "chosen" to stay where you are...

housing projects sit right on the beach in brooklyn. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

housing projects sit right on the beach in brooklyn. 

and some people can be happy drinking a 40 and just hangin all day...

at least happier than some of those in the 'rat race'....

but it is very much the dead end it looks like...

I do agree in principle, that there has to be a better way...

Just now, dbcaptiron said:

and some people can be happy drinking a 40 and just hangin all day...

at least happier than some of those in the 'rat race'....

but it is very much the dead end it looks like...

I do agree in principle, that there has to be a better way...

yes its a dead end with perks. No stress no work etc etc. Wake up whenever you want, chill with your other deadbeat buddies. Collect that paycheck you never earned on friday

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Look, half thee people are of the mind set that they have no future anyway. 

They grow up with low expectations.

Some will tell you they will never leave their hood, until they die.

Get it?

absolutely...you think that right.?...

or Maybe a different way of thinking, or better approach might help....... 

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

Truth !!!

I have lived through it.

So will the next generation.

simple question....who is more likely to 'pull themselves up from their bootstraps'....

A Libtard or a repukeblican?

Did you ever see that 'young republican' in the hood ? .....after high school  ?!?

No I not talking about 'disabled' as they are an entirely separate category....but those merely 'economically depressed' ones....

We can't eliminate safety nets, and abuse is no real reason to even bring up in support of doing so...

But how should you address those 'able' to work....who (for whatever reason) find themselves without it?

8 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

simple question....who is more likely to 'pull themselves up from their bootstraps'....

A Libtard or a repukeblican?

Did you ever see that 'young republican' in the hood ? .....after high school  ?!?

No I not talking about 'disabled' as they are an entirely separate category....but those merely 'economically depressed' ones....

We can't eliminate safety nets, and abuse is no real reason to even bring up in support of doing so...

But how should you address those 'able' to work....who (for whatever reason) find themselves without it?

You cant. You have opened up the gravy train and some people jumped all over it

36 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

They are Block numbers.

And no he does not. 

You want to believe these people are having it that good. 

It is not true. 

Yes there are those people that want to ride free but the overwhelming majority are doing what they can to be independent and survive, just like you. 

People don't choose this as an option. 

This is the way of life that is the result of all things past. 

You will say, "Stop blaming the past".

How can I. I see it every day

Right before my very eyes.

So do you but you can't accept that as a reason for the condition of anything today. 

LOL MANY people chose this as an option.

Are you blind?

You can...

and that is what you refuse to see...

People won't work for a 'society' ...unless they feel 'included' (and treated fairly) in that society...

But what do they want as fair. This society isnt meant to be fair. Some people are going to be rich some people in the middle some people poor. Its been that way in every society. 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But what do they want as fair. This society isnt meant to be fair. Some people are going to be rich some people in the middle some people poor. Its been that way in every society. 

What they fail to realize is that NOTHING is fair....

And NO ...they do not have it the 'worst' of everyone....

This leads to a self-defeating attitude...that throws them into the safety nets...when they crash...

Nut is absolutely right when he states that people do not look for, or 'want' this in general...

Much like many people's 'global warming' ...check your 'leading and trailing' indicators...then flip your results accordingly...

It's also a LARGER factor than abuse....

you need to factor it into...your calculations... 

What they fail to realize is that NOTHING is fair....

And NO ...they do not have it the 'worst' of everyone....

This leads to a self-defeating attitude...that throws them into the safety nets...when they crash...

Nut is absolutely right when he states that people do not look for, or 'want' this in general...

Much like many people's 'global warming' ...check your 'leading and trailing' indicators...then flip your results accordingly...

It's also a LARGER factor than abuse....you need to factor it into...your calculations... 

But there are people that DO want it and they are the problem. And you made the same point I did with the NOTHING is fair. Society isnt meant to be fair. What people need to learn is that most of life sucks. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

But there are people that DO want it and they are the problem. 

Apples and oranges....forest thru the trees...

Those people are 'a' problem....

But they are a far cry from being 'the' problem...

They are what one might call...the ones self inflicting casualties from the 'friendly fire'...

And a result and symptom of the disease, and not the disease itself...

Apples and oranges....forest thru the trees...

Those people are 'a' problem....

But they are a far cry from being 'the' problem...

They are what one might call...the ones self inflicting casualties from the 'friendly fire'...

And a result and symptom of the disease, and not the disease itself...

So in your opinion whats the problem? and how do we end it?