The US Deficit

noonereal

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But we still have to get the people that are abusing it. 

Actually I just explained why that's not what you should be focusing on...

and is certainly not where you will achieve the most 'return on investment'....if done right.

Again you are not 'wrong' per say....just severely off on priorities...based on possible projected results...

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Ok dude 😎

think about this ill shove food in my mouth til i hit 400 pounds than ill sit home for the rest of my life on disability. Are you going to be happy going to work everyday knowing some of those taxes they take out of your check is going to me?

• Sad 1

Just now, dbcaptiron said:

Actually I just explained why that's not what you should be focusing on...

and is certainly not where you will achieve the most 'return on investment'....if done right.

Again you are not 'wrong'....just severely off on priorities...based on possible projected results...

Ok explain real slow what I should be focusing on

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

What are they wasting money on? Please provide examples 

Use common sense. 

As to examples, here. https://medium.com/war-is-boring/heres-how-the-military-wasted-your-money-in-2016-81bbc217c662

A typical example is a senator getting the military to build stuff in their state that the military has not asked for or need. 

bases which no longer have strategic value are left open so as to not lose votes 

But even day to day things like ridiculous prices paid.

And if you think disability abuse is bad outside the military, look inside. This has never gotten the attention SSD has so we know it's still a cesspool of abuse. 

Do you think relatives don't keep military benefits when someone dies, this only happens out of the military? 

etc etc etc

WayYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more money to be found here than ever was found in Social Programs waste and fraud. 

6 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Should we tackle welfare and social security disability fraud as well?

We could balance our budget with the savings from this.

We did and cleaned it up pretty damned well. 

We did not do the same with the military.

Block, we all know you don't hold well too fact but this post is just silly. "we could balance the budget?" Well, we cleaned it up and it was not a very impactful amount. 

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Programmed.

No different than those that oppose helping their fellow man.

Not sure what you mean here...

Myself, HSFB, or those 'young republicans' being programmed...

Everyone gets ...'programmed' ....question is by who, and will it result in good/successful results?

"Through the fourth quarter of 2012, there were nearly 110 million Americans receiving some form of government assistance. That's right around 35% of the total U.S. population."

So you are telling me that 35 percent of our population simply cannot work or make ends meet to a certain point?

No Way. I'd put the number at maybe half that. The other half is fraud and laziness.

1 minute ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Also please post for us on why those on welfare cannot work.

Educate us. And don't mention those that are incapable. Most welfare collectors are capable.

On the surface it often appears as such. 

That is a big part of the problem.

People simply don't understand.

Then, to make matters worse, we have folks that want to steal the dignity of those that do have need by telling them what they can and cant have. What they can eat and not eat. It's awful. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

On the surface it often appears as such. 

That is a big part of the problem.

People simply don't understand.

Then, to make matters worse, we have folks that want to steal the dignity of those that do have need by telling them what they can and cant have. What they can eat and not eat. It's awful. 

The problem is there is a small percentage of people that TRULY need it.

The rest can work and provide for themselves. They simply don't want to.

2 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

"Through the fourth quarter of 2012, there were nearly 110 million Americans receiving some form of government assistance. That's right around 35% of the total U.S. population."

So you are telling me that 35 percent of our population simply cannot work or make ends meet to a certain point?

No Way. I'd put the number at maybe half that. The other half is fraud and laziness.

Well, you can put it at almost half right off the top since the number is only 23%. 

And how much of this goes to working people? You know how we subsidize big business in this way. 

We insure the non working investor class enjoy obscene returns while paying their employees so little that we need give them food stamps. 

Not sure what it is your point is other than you "suspect" some people are getting support who you personally don't want to. 

My suggestion. If you feel someone is committing a crime, get proof and report them. 

If you feel we should be even less generous in who qualifies work to change the laws. 

If you want to save big money, look real hard at the military.

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

Well, you can put it at almost half right off the top since the number is only 23%. 

And how much of this goes to working people? You know how we subsidize big business in this way. 

We insure the non working investor class enjoy obscene returns while paying their employees so little that we need give them food stamps. 

Not sure what it is your point is other than you "suspect" some people are getting support who you personally don't want to. 

My suggestion. If you feel someone is committing a crime, get proof and report them. 

If you feel we should be even less generous in who qualifies work to change the laws. 

If you want to save big money, look real hard at the military.

So you are saying 35 percent of our total population SHOULD be on social assistance? That this is acceptable?