Hypothetical 2017 games

FootballGuy

44 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

MNW had a very good defense

What hurt them against Chandler was the offense was cold as ice in that game and it wore the defense down

You mean to tell me that their defense was worn down in the 1st half?  Because chandler was scoring at will on just about every possession in the first half. 

17 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I mean, it should be a good game. If CG can't score like that, then lowndes wins easily.

Well cardinal gibbons did score points on AHP in the playoffs so i guess CG can score plenty if they have to but they were definitely successful mainly because of defense but you could make argument they were best team in Florida to not win state this past year 

I think it would be competitive but i would trust the elite defense over elite offense

Generally in games i see the elite defense is more consistent than a elite offense (not always but in the cases i see) 

Bingham vs Rome (GA) - this would be a close game. Both defenses would dominate in this game. I'd take Bingham because they played much harder competition and think they would react much better to adversity.

Allen vs Chandler - This is a good matchup. Allen is so good because of the depth they have, especially on the LOS...however I wasn't impressed with Allen last year outside of that numbers advantage.  Chandler had a very good offense with good size and athleticism. 

Mater Dei vs St. Frances Academy - this would be an interesting game. SFA had one the best dedefenses last year. Mater Dei had the best offense. I think it would be close, but I'd lean toward MD.

South Pointe vs Miami Northwestern - I'd favor MNW here, but their inconsistency would worry me. South Pointe was good, but not sure they'd be ready for MNW.

John Curtis vs De La Salle (battle of the veer offenses) - I'd take DLS. No particular reason.

Cen10 vs AHP - Cen10 was just a good football team without McKee. Even with him they struggled against some teams. I was simply not impressed with last year's version of Cen10. A good football team, sure...but not a top 25 team.

Lowndes vs Cartersville (Georgia brethren, really think about this one before you make your pick - Lowndes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

Bingham vs Rome (GA) - this would be a close game. Both defenses would dominate in this game. I'd take Bingham because they played much harder competition and think they would react much better to adversity.

Allen vs Chandler - This is a good matchup. Allen is so good because of the depth they have, especially on the LOS...however I wasn't impressed with Allen last year outside of that numbers advantage.  Chandler had a very good offense with good size and athleticism. 

Mater Dei vs St. Frances Academy - this would be an interesting game. SFA had one the best dedefenses last year. Mater Dei had the best offense. I think it would be close, but I'd lean toward MD.

South Pointe vs Miami Northwestern - I'd favor MNW here, but their inconsistency would worry me. South Pointe was good, but not sure they'd be ready for MNW.

John Curtis vs De La Salle (battle of the veer offenses) - I'd take DLS. No particular reason.

Cen10 vs AHP - Cen10 was just a good football team without McKee. Even with him they struggled against some teams. I was simply not impressed with last year's version of Cen10. A good football team, sure...but not a top 25 team.

Lowndes vs Cartersville (Georgia brethren, really think about this one before you make your pick - Lowndes. 

Love how you broke this down. I'm surprised y'all picked chandler over allen tho.