Op-Ed on Paul Ryan

BUFORDGAWOLVES

"He pretended to be a budget hawk but consistently supported tax cuts that increased the deficit. He pretended to care about poverty but opposed many policies that had a record of reducing poverty."

It's not just him.

Most the posters here claim to be conservatives but applauded the 1.5 trillion dollar deficit financed tax cut. 

11 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

The government is currently taking in more tax revenue than at any time in history.

Pretty obvious the tax cuts aren't the issue.

OMG

and tell me about the budget that Trump just signed

Do you understand that there is a relationship between taxes, spending and deficits? 

46 minutes ago, noonereal said:

OMG

Indeed.

and tell me about the budget that Trump just signed

It was an omnibus spending bill, not a budget, and a completely different bill than the tax cuts...which is specifically what you attempted to call out in your post. If you wanted to discuss that, you should have probably said so.

Do you understand that there is a relationship between taxes, spending and deficits? 

I think so. If you'd like to compare the increase in expenditures vs. the increase in revenue in the two bills, we could certainly have that conversation. Hopefully if/when we do, you refrain from the "let me educate you" shtick, which never goes well for you.

For instance, the projected increase in deficit matches the spending increases in the omnibus almost to the dollar.

18 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Indeed.

It was an omnibus spending bill, not a budget, and a completely different bill than the tax cuts...which is specifically what you attempted to call out in your post. If you wanted to discuss that, you should have probably said so.

I think so. If you'd like to compare the increase in expenditures vs. the increase in revenue in the two bills, we could certainly have that conversation. Hopefully if/when we do, you refrain from the "let me educate you" shtick, which never goes well for you.

For instance, the projected increase in deficit matches the spending increases in the omnibus almost to the dollar.

this is all double speak for not caring about the deficit except when it serves your preferences. 

6 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

Nobody asked why you were not making these same stupid accusations under Obama and every other lefty...

but at least you got the right answer....

I wasn't?

There you go again.

Not knowing my posts of the past and assuming my past utterances or lack there of based on hollow stereotypes. 

3 hours ago, rockinl said:

Speaker of the Liars Club, Paul Ryan, who proposed raising the retirement age to 70, announced his retirement at 48—with full GOVERNMENT PENSION. 

That should be the headline.

he also got $500,000 from the Kotch Brothers the day after the tax cut passed which he can use for himself once he retires next January. 

as to pensions, all public pensions are a disaster. Fed, state and local. 

This and the military are where we need target if we are serious about saving money. 

57 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

I have a bucket of sand for you to pound.

:ph34r:

in all fairness in 'his' area this is correct....so you can find solace in that patented 'my situation should apply to everyone', as the cause of his brainfart, and not many will think your lot is necessarily blanketed by  intellectually dishonest posts such as his, and ultimatums such as 'all'....

just sayin'

2 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

in all fairness in 'his' area this is correct....so you can find solace in that patented 'my situation should apply to everyone', as the cause of his brainfart, and not many will think your lot is necessarily blanketed by  intellectually dishonest posts such as his, and ultimatums such as 'all'....

just sayin'

Thanks Pig Vomit! 

Always good to hear from a little man. 

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

Thanks Pig Vomit! 

Always good to hear from a little man. 

No problem...stick to your blanket statements that condemn everyone...

and your 'pig vomit' can be tossed right back at you....by any 'little man'...

so stop thinking i'm so special....just because i post ..what many others will think... 

48 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

No problem...stick to your blanket statements that condemn everyone...

and your 'pig vomit' can be tossed right back at you....by any 'little man'...

so stop thinking i'm so special....just because i post ..what many others will think... 

You post hate to fellow posters for ego. 

a true failed bitch

and learn how to read and not be so grandiose in presumption. 

You know, you may indeed be winning because you put me in a box where I have to respond to you as the dog you post as or stop posting. 

Too bad this place has no moderation and my choices are so limited.  

it is what it is

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

You post hate to fellow posters for ego. 

a true failed bitch

and learn how to read and not be so grandiose in presumption. 

You know, you may indeed be winning because you put me in a box where I have to respond to you as the dog you post as or stop posting. 

Too bad this place has no moderation and my choices are so limited.  

it is what it is

Working on your grandiose  'projection again???

It's better when you try that and practice that in front of the mirror...

20 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

just sayin'

I can get with this.

The contract negotiator I'm currently working with for our successor MOU is based out of D.C. and does most of his work on the East Coast.  

Very sharp guy, and we had a long talk about the current situation in New York.  

Thankfully we are in much better shape than that.