Serious question....

HSFBfan

21 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Let them get thru school and if they cant so be it. Im sorry but you cant help everyone. School isnt meant for everyone. 

They still have school these days? 

Is that what those paper stuff and bubble sheets i had to do? 

Didn't realize i was supposed to retain all that stuff 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

If you struggle getting Cs in HS while trying there is something very wrong. You can sleep thru most of HS and get C's and higher. 

I have yet to find a subject you have a more than superficial understanding of. 

Not trying to troll but it's kind of ironic to post as you do given your own limitations.

I have told you more than once, you should be here asking questions, nothing more. 

Just now, noonereal said:

I have yet to find a subject you have a more than superficial understanding of. 

Not trying to troll but it's kind of ironic to post as you do given your own limitations.

I have told you more than once, you should be here asking questions, nothing more. 

I am not limited at all. So to take your "advice" would be quite moronic. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

If you struggle getting Cs in HS while trying there is something very wrong. You can sleep thru most of HS and get C's and higher. 

I basically never studied and never got lower than a C

I'm sure i could learn more than those standardized tests are supposed to teach by watching a cat all day 

Those tests are a waste of time 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

I basically never studied and never got lower than a C

I'm sure i could learn more than those standardized tests are supposed to teach by watching a cat all day 

Those tests are a waste of time 

Of course they are. You are naturally going to seek information. to limit your information to a test is a complete handicap. Learning is a way to think outside the box and have an open conversation about said subject. Do research bring your own information. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Of course they are. You are naturally going to seek information. to limit your information to a test is a complete handicap. Learning is a way to think outside the box and have an open conversation about said subject. Do research bring your own information. 

I always enjoyed when our classes got to do discussions but those were limited in number because of state requirements for that bloody test 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

I always enjoyed when our classes got to do discussions but those were limited in number because of state requirements for that bloody test 

Yes an open discussion is quite enjoyable as you hear from different perspectives when different people bring in their own information. Education is not a right/wrong grade thing. it is absorbing information from different people. Yes your interpretation could be "wrong" but it could also be correct. Its all in how you present it

• Like 1

@Columbiafan What makes me angry and sad is that people are afraid of talking about the hard subjects especially in terms of history and if you dont tote the line your in trouble

Try to talk about the benefits of slavery

Talk about anything good Hitler did for Germany

Try to talk about the good people like Robert E Lee did for this country well before the Civil War 

There are many subjects people dont want to talk about for fear of being called a racist. This is part of the very sad world in which we live

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

Failed parents, that's where it all starts..

Yes i do believe parents do play a part. But @Columbiafan hit a very good point as well. 

Then there is the over diagnosing by doctors. Every kid cant have a problem. It really does piss me off. 8 people team to have a meeting about the kid. If they are making 50k a year each thats 400k dollars in a room to what talk about a kid. If the kid cant make it he cant make it

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

The amount of money spent on the retarted kids. All these psychologists speech therapists etc etc. Thousands upon thousands of dollars spent on each kid. It really pisses me off

This is a good bit.

I was eating cereal for lunch just now when I read this and now I've got milk in my beard.