Lee County (GA) vs Orlando Dr. Phillips (FL)

Pipe Dreams

Some Lee Co. highlights of their 6A Quarterfinal game on their way to winning state...  They ended up beating a pretty solid Mays team 34-14...

Wish I had some highlights of their comeback in the Semis vs Glynn Academy... Lee was down 38-21 entering the 4th Quarter and scored 21 unanswered to win 42-38...

3 min highlights of Lee beating Mays...

• Like 1

Thanks ECHS. Great info. 

DP vs South Florida goes as follows... it is very limited....

2010: Lost to Miami Central 42-27 in 6A title (was close)

2016: Lost to Miami Southridge 14-10 in 8A title (led 10-0 in 4thQ)

2017: Beat Delray Beach Atlantic 17-7 in 8A title

-

DP’s main threat is RB Brandon Fields. Upcoming junior who played behind a D1 senior last year. Averaged about 7 yards a carry with limited touches but that is the custom at DP for running backs...waiting. Also one of the top baseball prospects in the country.

HaHa Clinton-Dix’ (pro bowler and DP alum) cousin is our stud linebacker — Stephen Dix Jr.

The Star rated/FBS players Lee lost...

4* OLB Otis Reese - Georgia Signee

3* C Griffin McDowell - Florida Signee

2* S Tyrone Harris - Troy Signee

2* WR Ty Terrell - Marshall Signee

2* S Kermit Solomon - Mercer Signee

QB Jase Orndorff - Georgia St. Walk-On

====

2019 Recruits so far at 247sports

3* S Tavian Mayo - 16 FBS offers so far

Plus a couple of 2021 (rising Soph) recruits have FBS offers so far...

These 2 started last year, they are 2 of the few returning starters...

WR Chauncey Magwood - Indiana Offer

ILB Baron Hopson - Indiana Offer

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

The Star rated/FBS players Lee lost...

4* OLB Otis Reese - Georgia Signee

3* C Griffin McDowell - Florida Signee

2* S Tyrone Harris - Troy Signee

2* WR Ty Terrell - Marshall Signee

2* S Kermit Solomon - Mercer Signee

QB Jase Orndorff - Georgia St. Walk-On

====

2019 Recruits so far at 247sports

3* S Tavian Mayo - 16 FBS offers so far

Plus a couple of 2021 (rising Soph) recruits have FBS offers so far...

These 2 started last year, they are 2 of the few returning starters...

WR Chauncey Magwood - Indiana Offer

ILB Baron Hopson - Indiana Offer

Yeah. They actually lost more than I even thought. 

Dr. Phillips should take this one walking away. 

Lee is likely hitting their first year of the couple of down years that we see down here. They are pretty well coached though. I heard a rumor about a couple of move ins. One on defense and one on o-line, but, yeah, that probably isn't enough to pull em up from that amount of talent lost. And, it's just a rumor from a guy I know that lives over there. Not sure how connected he is. Avid fan for sure though.

They'll show up and play though. I like Fabrizio and the offense they play. 

11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah. They actually lost more than I even thought. 

Dr. Phillips should take this one walking away. 

Lee is likely hitting their first year of the couple of down years that we see down here. They are pretty well coached though. I heard a rumor about a couple of move ins. One on defense and one on o-line, but, yeah, that probably isn't enough to pull em up from that amount of talent lost. And, it's just a rumor from a guy I know that lives over there. Not sure how connected he is. Avid fan for sure though.

They'll show up and play though. I like Fabrizio and the offense they play. 

I don't think the Trojans will make a big fuss this year in AAAAAA.  They fired all their guns last year (and exploded into space) and it paid off for them.  Their recruiting is down...and I'm not sure they'll even compete well...in their Region.  To say they have an uphill battle in 2018...would be an understatement.

Now...they might could be Colquitt....but.....

Rufus>>

• 1 month later...

Dr. Phillips will have a very solid defense. The team is, overall, very young, but as talented as it has ever been.

The defense will not be big, but very athletic. Stephen Dix (Jr, LB) has offers from everywhere and is teamed with returning starting LB’s Japerri & Jaquarri Powell (the twins) and Cameron Williams... (DP runs a 3-4)

The defensive backfield is stacked with talent as well, led by Jay Ward (FAU offer) Tevin Griffey (Jr, Michigan offer) and Bryan Bell-Anderson (offers most likely coming). Tarvin Young may also get D1 interest at FS, as he is 6’2 190 and can play. There are a few upcoming sophomores that have major talent - Jalen Moore being one that has really popped off the film to me.

The defensive line is rebuilding but Shemar Williams (upcoming junior) could turn into a major prospect.

-

The offense will be led by either Brenden Cyr (Jr, 6’5, dual treat) or Canaan Mobley (So, more of a runner). Time will tell but both are capable. Both have the ability to run which is CRITICAL in the DP offensive scheme.

The receiving core is led by Devon Buckhanon, who had a breakout year in 2017. There are six other receivers who would start on most rosters across Central Florida; all sophomores and juniors.

Upcoming junior RB Brandon Fields has offers from Florida, Michigan, etc. and will go wherever he wants. This will be his breakout year. He is the best DP running back since Dee Hart (5-star, 2010). I reckon he’ll go for 2000 yards in 2018.

The offensive line is rebuilding but has an excellent coach. One upcoming junior, Derek Haupt, will probably see some offers come his way soon. The other four spots are up in the air at this point.

-

Overall, I expect DP to be at their 2017 (state title) level, but younger. 

We will see what implications the youth aspect has on an early season game against a solid Lee County program. Should be a great game.

• Like 2