CA now world'd 5th largest economy

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/article210466514.html

The backbone of the US for sure. Just surpassed GB.

In 2012, they were the 10th largest economy in the world. As a STATE.

They have since moved to the 5th largest economy in the world. As a STATE.

Capture.PNG

It is truly awesome.

More on this...

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/05/04/california-has-the-5th-largest-economy-in-the-world-yet-leads-the-nation-in-poverty-and-homelessness/

California has the 5th largest economy in the world yet leads the nation in poverty and homelessness

according to the Census Bureau’s Supplemental poverty measure, one in five Californians live in poverty, 20.4 percent to be exact, compared to a national average of 14.7 percent, the highest rate of poverty in the nation.

By extension, California also has the distinction of having the highest child poverty rate in the nation, with an average of 22.8 percent of California’s children living in poverty in 2013-15, including 5.1 percent living in “deep poverty.”

On top of it all, California is also the home of a quarter of the country’s homeless.

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Middle class people leaving CA and NY daily. NY is expected to lose something like 800000 people. Middle class and people starting out dont want to be taxed to death

More people are coming into CA than going out. Most are middle or upper middle class coming in.

Care you back up your claim with numbers?

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes better living lower or no taxes better in pretty much every aspect. Watch how many go south in the next 10-15 years

There is no such thing as a state with no taxes.

States with no income tax generally have much higher other taxes. It all balances out in some way and the state gets their money, no matter what state you are in. Some states get more because there is more income and tax payers in them.

Nobody is fleeing to the south. Humidity and low paying jobs are exactly attractive.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

There is no such thing as a state with no taxes.

States with no income tax generally have much higher other taxes. It all balances out in some way and the state gets their money, no matter what state you are in. Some states get more because there is more income and tax payers in them.

Nobody is fleeing to the south. Humidity and low paying jobs are exactly attractive.

Meaning no state tax. Sorry I was not specific. Plenty of people going south. And they are coming right from NY NJ and other high tax states. Go to the south and you will run into plenty of northerns. My friends just left NJ for TN. Loves it there. Lives outside Nashville. Nice big house. Shooting range in the backyard. Knew a girl years ago that left NY for NC. One of my neighbors left NY for Fl. It is happening daily

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Meaning no state tax. Sorry I was not specific. Plenty of people going south. And they are coming right from NY NJ and other high tax states. Go to the south and you will run into plenty of northerns. My friends just left NJ for TN. Loves it there. Lives outside Nashville. Nice big house. Shooting range in the backyard. Knew a girl years ago that left NY for NC. One of my neighbors left NY for Fl. It is happening daily

People migrate regardless.

Important point- CA goes from 10th to 5th worlds largest economy in 8 years. Seems to be doing well.

I am happy. Beautiful weather. Beautiful women. High paying jobs. Life is good.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

People migrate regardless.

Important point- CA goes from 10th to 5th worlds largest economy in 8 years. Seems to be doing well.

I am happy. Beautiful weather. Beautiful women. High paying jobs. Life is good.

Yes as other countries go to shit other people move up. I've been to CA once will never return. Now on the other hand been to TN 3x. Cant get enough 

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Then you belong in Tennessee. Good luck lol

I belong in any state that isn't blue. Just like most people would be significantly happier and alot less stressed out. Lot simpler living. I'll certainly end up there one day. The return trip to TN is currently being planned

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You live in a blue state.

Enough said. Enjoy the tolls.

Yes it's horrible. I know how to travel around the state and never hit a toll. I've driven from NY to philly and never paid a toll. My entire family lives in a blue state and hates it but they got a career here so they are stuck

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yes it's horrible. I know how to travel around the state and never hit a toll. I've driven from NY to philly and never paid a toll. My entire family lives in a blue state and hates it but they got a career here so they are stuck

Who would ever live in a state that you just can't get into your car and road trip, without having to pay every 5 miles? ridiculous.

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Who would ever live in a state that you just can't get into your car and road trip, without having to pay every 5 miles? ridiculous.

I agree completely. NY isn't as bad as NJ. You can drive from lower NY to Syracuse and never pay a toll. But I understand what you mean it is crazy