Texas State Championship T&F

DevilDog

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

There have been a couple of FL kids who've gone under 10 with wind aided times.  

Kalon Barnes is among the top 100m kids in the nation anywhere and anytime.  You do know he has a wind legal 10.22.   When it comes to Texas only Fl should be mentioned and even they are not equal to Texas in T&F.    He ran that with a 3.2 wind. Notice the distant between him and the group.  You think this is a slow kid. 

1 minute ago, westbankeagle said:

We definitely take a step back next year with so many good athletes graduating and a lot of good coaches moving on after this year but I still think we could be a top 10 national state. I think this year we'd be only behind TX, CA, FL and GA, then about even with most the rest of the top states. 

No doubt very good year in La. in T&F.  Plenty of Elite kids in the Boot this year.    

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Video of the National 4x200 Record being brokenL  watch the Anchor Leg for The Woodlands

As we say down here, when Carter saw himself in 4th after the handoff, he was "finna eat" and walked em down. Don't know if they do it in TX, but here in LA when you walk someone down, the whole crowd goes "whoooop, whoooop"

13 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Kalon Barnes is among the top 100m kids in the nation anywhere and anytime.  You do know he has a wind legal 10.22.   When it comes to Texas only Fl should be mentioned and even they are not equal to Texas in T&F.    He ran that with a 3.2 wind. Notice the distant between him and the group.  You think this is a slow kid. 

Did you just gloss over where I said, I think he'll beat Schwarts again head up.  

11 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

We can see a slight divide in the 6a and 5a comp for track, it's pretty easy to look at, but how big of a divide do you think there is in football in TX between 5a and 6a? 

Most Texans will probably disagree with me but I watch a lot of football especially the elite 4A - 6A and 5A is on par with elite 4A than it is 6A.  6A `1-15 is much better than 5A.  Hell 1-15 I would Take 4A to win 6 games against  5A.   

TAPP teams are beating 5A Champs and elite 4A is smoking Top TAPP Schools.  HP struggled with Beast Texas Texas High who was not better than 4A Pleasant Grove in their own City.  Texas High lost to Ark High.  Pleasant Grove the 4A Champ beat 6A Ark High. 

11 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

If they are at the same race it doesn't matter.  That is the point that I always try to make but you miss it.

I didn't was being sarcastic with your previous posts about the big wind advantage that God grants Texas kids.  I don't know who would win between those two.  1 Small mistake and it's over.  Hopefully we get to see them hook up.   

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Most Texans will probably disagree with me but I watch a lot of football especially the elite 4A - 6A and 5A is on par with elite 4A than it is 6A.  6A `1-15 is much better than 5A.  Hell 1-15 I would Take 4A to win 6 games against  5A.   

TAPP teams are beating 5A Champs and elite 4A is smoking Top TAPP Schools.  HP struggled with Beast Texas Texas High who was not better than 4A Pleasant Grove in their own City.  Texas High lost to Ark High.  Pleasant Grove the 4A Champ beat 6A Ark High. 

Why do you think that is?

7 hours ago, westbankeagle said:

Why do you think that is?

4A used to be mostly from smaller towns like 1A - 3A.  But no longer due to the booming Suburbs these are now wealthier areas and due to the proximity to the Major Cities alot of kids that were not at these schools in the past are now.  Of Course BEast Texas is a classic example of 4A. 4A out there is way better than 5A.   5A has been caught in the middle.  Mansfield is a town that is booming and alot ot talent out there.  4A Schools have as good as facilities and Coaches as any level in the State.   

Here is an example when they listed the highest paid coaches in Texas they only focused on 5A and 6A. But guess who is the 2nd highest paid Coach in Texas.  It is Coach Surratt of 4A Power Carthage who along with Lake Travis have more Championships than anyone the last 15 years. 

If you lined up his Athletes against any 5A School in the State not one will outshine Carthage.  The are bigger, faster and stronger than in the Past.  Pleasant Grove in the other 4A Championship was the largest Team in the State Championship including Allen and LT in the 6A Finals.   

As he succeeds on the field, Surratt, who's also the district's athletic director, has been rewarded off of it. Carthage ISD increased his salary this year by $21,400, the district's biggest administrative pay raise this year. With a total salary of $154,900, Surratt is paid just a little less than the high school football coach in Lake Travis, where the district's student body is nearly four times larger and its median income is six figures. Carthage ISD's median income is $49,886, a few thousand below the state average.

Carthage ISD voters agreed to a tax hike to pay for this $750,000 Jumbotron.

Carthage ISD caught a lot of heat for one specific extravagance, the crown jewel of its football field: a $750,000, four-camera Jumbotron, reportedly the biggest high school screen of its kind when it was installed in 2012. 

• Like 1