Texas State Championship T&F

DevilDog

14 hours ago, DevilDog said:

@westbankeagle and @Texasball

After Texas and Cali the T&F numbers look like this. 

3.  New York (372,772), 4. llinois (344,143), 5. Ohio (319,929), 6. Pennsylvania (319,853), 7. Michigan (295,436),  8. Florida (285,885), 9. New Jersey (279,371) and 10. Minnesota (237,686). 

Notice no Georgia or La.  Who would bet me La. and Ga. wouldn't destroy those states other than Florida?  So having a bunch of numbers is not the answer.  It's Culture and dedication.   i would bet my House Ga would smoke NY, NJ, IL, OH and Pennsylvania. 

Hell I would put Texas 4A or 5A alone against all those States. They would have vastly superior numbers. 

I'm sure The U.S. outnumber Jamaica vastly.  How has that worked out the last Decade?  CULTURE AND DEDICATION.  According to Him China should rule the World in Track and Field.  

The number 1 key is depth of athletes! Something that we prove year in and year out ---Track and Field is the #1 indicator to the over all athletic ability of any state.  

California does not have depth in Football anymore -  It has loaded recruited private schools and the proof is the lack of depth they produce in track.

I am firm believer in what I say.  

States like Louisiana, Georgia, Florida - produce at high levels based on population.  As does just about everyone in the depth south.

States like ohio do not improve all that much even when they start running in warmer months.

22 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Texas goes to 6a.  Florida goes up to 4a.  You probably have 100,000 more kids running.  Congrats.

Let this sink in 100m stats took this information from MileSplit and Athletic Net

The State of Texas has produced 379 different athletes to run sub 11 flat

Florida and California combined produced 345 athletes to run sub 11 flat.

California has 15,536 different kids this year listed in this event alone  for total of 176 athletes that did this

Florida has 4085 athletes with 169 that did this

Texas has 8078 listed athletes with 379 that did it

These numbers just don't lie and tell the story

Here is what happens in Football

The best football states all have really good teams at the top.

Then it goes to depth.  This is where Texas gets big separation - look no farther than track and field stats to prove it!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

I found this from 2002 - El paso team winning the Penn Relays - smoking them Jam in the process

High School Boys 4x100m Relays

Event 240, Saturday, 2:45 pm
HSB 4x100m Championship of America

1. 40.15, El Dorado / El Dorado, TT
Dion Rodriguez, Marc Burns, Kevin Straker, Darrel Brown
2. 40.54, Vere Technical / Hayes, JA
Jevar Brown, Travis Coombs, Jermaine Barton, Steve Mullings
3. 41.06, Mount Tabor / Winston-Salem, NC
J-mee Samuels, Jerrod Wiley, Wes Bailey, Mike Loyd
4. 41.46, Deep Creek / Chesapeake, VA
Jarvis Hyman, Deandre Hyman, John Hyman, Antwain Carey
5. 41.50, Bridgeport Comprehensive / Portmore, JA
Decasmo Wright, Derrick Downer, Paul Harris, Icoll Allen
6. 41.56, Holmwood Technical / Manchester, JA
Kevin Staple, Arnaldo Elliott, Shawn Sergeant, Yhann Plummer
7. 41.96, Heritage / Newport News, VA
James Banks, Ray Stith, Carlos Ebron, Michael Johnson
8. 42.17, Trenton Central / Trenton, NJ
Joshua Kemp, Ashhad Auyapong, Freddy Vanues, Irving Stills

Trinidad is in Texas now.

51 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The number 1 key is depth of athletes! Something that we prove year in and year out ---Track and Field is the #1 indicator to the over all athletic ability of any state.  

California does not have depth in Football anymore -  It has loaded recruited private schools and the proof is the lack of depth they produce in track.

I am firm believer in what I say.  

States like Louisiana, Georgia, Florida - produce at high levels based on population.  As does just about everyone in the depth south.

States like ohio do not improve all that much even when they start running in warmer months.

You been on a roll with some outlandish talk.  I see you don't care to stop now.

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

FIrst off, insane 4x100 race in 6A... I didn't miss it :)   That was legendary right there.   Nationally, it's basically TX and friends in this event.  

In regards to the one race where most participate individually, let's look at the 100... and it's impossible not to notice Louisiana.    

HS #'s per athletic.net as of yesterday  (Cali is not finished yet with states)...  chart 2 is the largest pool of runners as chart 3 is just the difference between charts 1 and 2.   The %'s line up ideally in charts 2 and 3 and college also makes perfect sense if you think about the talent pool and participants variance vs. HS participants.    *athletic.net for collegiate is not up to date but at worst two weeks behind.  

image.png.24e9c9f2821a525191d4d078219b474a.png

image.png.1326105caaa1af64e8167cf9f95cbfc9.png

@Texasball

These are the warmer early bird states with T&F and I’ll add MS and AR also as well as OH, IL, IN, NJ, MD and Utah lastly for my own interest.  Any other states let me know.  

Errors withstanding, LA is way ahead.  I wonder if some of LA times are from Texas Relays?   I’m not really sure why there’s such a high % for LA overall?  

If you want to see an intersting speed comparison look at chart 3 and 61 for FL and CA, but look at how many more Cali participants there were.   Now I’m not on board w your football analysis... just talking speed here.   I’ll listen though lol.  

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Fact - California has way more kids running than Texas.  The produce like a little state.  Georgia kicks that ass anymore!

I made all those post on the other thread -  Georgia was showing better depth than California in the sprints and relays

Track doesn't end in sprints and relays.  It's called track and field.  California is good from the sprints to the distance to the field.  And they actually are producing Olympians.  Meaning they can run fast, throw far, jump high anywhere on the planet.

15 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

@Texasball

These are the warmer early bird states with T&F and I’ll add MS and AR also as well as OH, IL, IN, NJ, MD and Utah lastly for my own interest.  Any other states let me know.  

Errors withstanding, LA is way ahead.  I wonder if some of LA times are from Texas Relays?   I’m not really sure why there’s such a high % for LA overall?  

If you want to see an intersting speed comparison look at chart 3 and 61 for FL and CA, but look at how many more Cali participants there were.   Now I’m not on board w your football analysis... just talking speed here.   I’ll listen though lol.  

Golf - I look at this type stuff all the time.  Louisiana has proven time and time again that it is loaded for the state size.  Golf - Please start following TrackingFootball.com on Twitter -  so much good information.  Read what the coaches are saying.  Hell, major college coaches see exactly what I am telling you guys.

So much is changing about the old school beliefs in the game of football. 

look at one of my last post - it gives some good stats on the 100m that include number of kids per each state that had times posted this year so far.

19 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Track doesn't end in sprints and relays.  It's called track and field.  California is good from the sprints to the distance to the field.  And they actually are producing Olympians.  Meaning they can run fast, throw far, jump high anywhere on the planet.

I think Cali has the most hardware w overall Olympics and world champ medals.  How it breaks down to T&F only not sure, but I’d guess CA again. Second guess TX.  

5 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Golf - I look at this type stuff all the time.  Louisiana has proven time and time again that it is loaded for the state size.  Golf - Please start following TrackingFootball.com on Twitter -  so much good information.  Read what the coaches are saying.  Hell, major college coaches see exactly what I am telling you guys.

So much is changing about the old school beliefs in the game of football. 

look at one of my last post - it gives some good stats on the 100m that include number of kids per each state that had times posted this year so far.

I’ve been following it possibly longer than you :)...  if you haven’t noticed I’m kind of into analytics and sports.  I’ll add states and suggest you look at my 100 meter analysis (only 100m as most participants) at year’s end and compare that to hsfb states and powers.  

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

You keep saying that and it is not True.  Texas and Fl both are ahead of Cali boys and girls. 

They don't dominate in Field events and get dominated in running.  Where's the proof. I showed you Texas has been #1 since 2014 and it's getting worse for Cali.  Hell Ga. is catching them.  I will gladly post the events as proof.  It is Texas and Fl.

41 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

You keep saying that and it is not True.  Texas and Fl both are ahead of Cali boys and girls. 

They don't dominate in Field events and get dominated in running.  Where's the proof. I showed you Texas has been #1 since 2014 and it's getting worse for Cali.  Hell Ga. is catching them.  I will gladly post the events as proof.  It is Texas and Fl.

How many Olympians were from Texas in the 2016 games?  We're talking track and field.

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@Texasball

Some interesting trends in LA track and field are this: LA has one of the shortest amount of days between among all states between the end of football and cross country and the end of track (meaning one of the shortest seasons to accomplish fast marks). During the 4 month season there are two state championships (indoor and outdoor) and not every athletes focuses on the same event each season. Most top track athletes do not compete after their season ends (as most participate in other sports and move on immediately). Half the state has a major holiday in Mardi Gras which affects training/racing a good bit. 

Louisiana isn't firing on all cylinders but still still has done well enough to own 2 composite national records (PV and TJ). There aren't as many great track coaches here as in other states and many football coaches are still hostile towards the sport and try to keep their football players away in the spring. If LA had a better track atmosphere, I'd expect they'd be #4/5 state every single year. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

In 2014 California was better than Georgia, Florida across the board.  Texas was better than Cali in the 100.  California was better than Texas in the 200.  I would give Texas the edge in the 400. I would call the 800 even though i could give a slight nod to Cali.  4x100 is Texas but you know how I feel about those winds😝. 4x200 is all Texas.  4 x 400 is Cali, 4 x 800 is all Cali big.  Long jump, triple jump Cali, 110 hurdles Cali, 300 hurdles Texas, high jump even.  Shot and Discus lets call it even.  1600 and 3200 is not even close in Cali's favor.  That is 2014.  

Dye Stat is a beast when it comes to numbers.

5 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

In 2014 California was better than Georgia, Florida across the board.  Texas was better than Cali in the 100.  California was better than Texas in the 200.  I would give Texas the edge in the 400. I would call the 800 even though i could give a slight nod to Cali.  4x100 is Texas but you know how I feel about those winds😝. 4x200 is all Texas.  4 x 400 is Cali, 4 x 800 is all Cali big.  Long jump, triple jump Cali, 110 hurdles Cali, 300 hurdles Texas, high jump even.  Shot and Discus lets call it even.  1600 and 3200 is not even close in Cali's favor.  That is 2014.  

We don't run the 4X800 and I showed you the results of 2014 by a Cali paper.  Now you are coming up with your own.  :D

35 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

How many Olympians were from Texas in the 2016 games?  We're talking track and field.

So if a State has more  individual's in the Olympics is proof a better State in T&F.  Then Florida is worse than NJ and NY in Track and Field.  Nice Try :D So now Missouri is a better State than La. and Ga using your value system for 2016.

http://www.milesplit.com/articles/187163/which-state-produced-the-most-track-and-field-olympians-for-team-usa

California tops the state-based list with 16 natives on the Team USA roster. Texas is runner-up with 10 Olympians; New Jersey and New York tie for third with nine qualifiers each. Florida produced seven Olympians in 2016 and Missouri boasts six. 

Now according to you because Utah had 1 person they are better than every State listed below. O.o

16 states do not have a native Olympian to cheer for this year: Alabama, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.

Texas and Florida are the top 2 T&F States and it is silly to argue otherwise.

9 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

Some interesting trends in LA track and field are this: LA has one of the shortest amount of days between among all states between the end of football and cross country and the end of track (meaning one of the shortest seasons to accomplish fast marks). During the 4 month season there are two state championships (indoor and outdoor) and not every athletes focuses on the same event each season. Most top track athletes do not compete after their season ends (as most participate in other sports and move on immediately). Half the state has a major holiday in Mardi Gras which affects training/racing a good bit. 

Louisiana isn't firing on all cylinders but still still has done well enough to own 2 composite national records (PV and TJ). There aren't as many great track coaches here as in other states and many football coaches are still hostile towards the sport and try to keep their football players away in the spring. If LA had a better track atmosphere, I'd expect they'd be #4/5 state every single year. 

Well they got it going on this year in terms of speed vs participants.  That was a fun exercise and looking fwd to adding other states.   I’d like to see some of the 100 pb’s on these sub 41 and 40 Texas relay squads.   There is some serious coaching going on.  

FL can barely hang onto quality football coaching, never mind maximizing  baton handoffs.    Shame that there is a stigma w coaches in LA w track.  Sheesh there’s probably some football burners missing on this list then.  

18 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

The same winds that blow in the 4X100 blows in the 4x400.  #1 & #4 4x400 Relay team's from Cali came to Texas this year.  Care to guess what happened to them.  They got Smoked.

#1 L. B. Wilson is the clear dominate 4x400 in Cali and #4 is Dana Hills.   And they would get smoked worse right now.

Mens High School Division II 4x400 Relay

Finals
1. DeSoto   3:13.92a
   Tairyn Ross, Kennedy Harrison, Angel Deloney, Kevin Modesto
2. Houston Strake Jesuit   3:14.65a
   Jared Cyprian, Caleb Cavanaugh, Jakobi Robinson, Matthew Boling
3. Alief Taylor   3:16.76a
   Eric Prier, Shea Whiting, Lavone Brown, Devin Williams
4. Wilson (Long Beach)   3:18.59a
   Randall Jubilee, Steven Camacho, Andrew Richards, Emari Bennett
5. Mansfield Timberview   3:19.56a
   Muhammed Nyaoga, Joshua Armstead, Sean Wilson, Slavoski Wright
6. Mansfield Legacy   3:23.10a
   Cedric Williams, Jared Hopper, Kadeem Burton, Michael Chin
7. Tyler Lee   3:23.53a
   Daylon Harris, Zaylon Walker, Matt Taylor, Garrett Gowin
8. Richmond Foster   3:26.09a
   Julian Claiborne, Christopher Cobbin, Collin Williams, Tolulope Badmus
9. Dana Hills   3:26.35a
   Nathan Fatigate, Max Halvax, Brandon Oswald, Josh Dowdy

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

Well they got it going on this year in terms of speed vs participants.  That was a fun exercise and looking fwd to adding other states.   I’d like to see some of the 100 pb’s on these sub 41 and 40 Texas relay squads.   There is some serious coaching going on.  

FL can barely hang onto quality football coaching, never mind maximizing  baton handoffs.    Shame that there is a stigma w coaches in LA w track.  Sheesh there’s probably some football burners missing on this list then.  

You have no idea. Tons of kids who, instead of running track, are doing football training in the spring and focusing on combines. 

8 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

No that is directly from Dye Stat as i clearly stated.

Another Source disputing your rhetoric for 2014

Every outdoor track & field season, state pride and braggings rights to who actually is the best, fastest, strongest, and toughest state for high school track & field in the U.S. is always debated. The big three of California, Florida, and Texas are always in the annual discussion. MileSplit attempts to answer that question by team scoring up the 25 performers deep in the nation for each of the most commonly contested events from this past outdoor season to determine who in fact are the best states for boys high school track & field in 2014.

Best states in high school boys track & field for 2014 outdoor season

THE ONLY THING THEY WIN OVER TEXAS IS DISTANCE and Slightly in Throwing.  LOSES IN EVERYTHING ELSE. :D And huge disparity.

http://www.milesplit.com/articles/131104/best-states-in-high-school-boys-track-and-field-for-2014-outdoor-season

Team                        Pts          Spr  Dst  Hrd    Rel   Thr   Jmp  Oth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1 Texas                     902.33   166  46  140.5 191 71.5  306  

2 Califonia                 793.67   92.5  152   96    120  76    264  

Image result for mike drop

13 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The same winds that blow in the 4X100 blows in the 4x400.  #1 & #4 4x400 Relay team's from Cali came to Texas this year.  Care to guess what happened to them.  They got Smoked.

#1 L. B. Wilson is the clear dominate 4x400 in Cali and #4 is Dana Hills.   And they would get smoked worse right now.

Mens High School Division II 4x400 Relay

Finals
1. DeSoto   3:13.92a
   Tairyn Ross, Kennedy Harrison, Angel Deloney, Kevin Modesto
2. Houston Strake Jesuit   3:14.65a
   Jared Cyprian, Caleb Cavanaugh, Jakobi Robinson, Matthew Boling
3. Alief Taylor   3:16.76a
   Eric Prier, Shea Whiting, Lavone Brown, Devin Williams
4. Wilson (Long Beach)   3:18.59a
   Randall Jubilee, Steven Camacho, Andrew Richards, Emari Bennett
5. Mansfield Timberview   3:19.56a
   Muhammed Nyaoga, Joshua Armstead, Sean Wilson, Slavoski Wright
6. Mansfield Legacy   3:23.10a
   Cedric Williams, Jared Hopper, Kadeem Burton, Michael Chin
7. Tyler Lee   3:23.53a
   Daylon Harris, Zaylon Walker, Matt Taylor, Garrett Gowin
8. Richmond Foster   3:26.09a
   Julian Claiborne, Christopher Cobbin, Collin Williams, Tolulope Badmus
9. Dana Hills   3:26.35a
   Nathan Fatigate, Max Halvax, Brandon Oswald, Josh Dowdy

1. - Malik Dennis
Jordan Pitts
Chris Polk
Mar'yea Harris
  3:11.86 CA Poly (Long Beach) Jun 07 CIF State Championship Finals The actual number 1 4 x 400 in California.  See i put the numbers out there as they are.  

53 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

We don't run the 4X800 and I showed you the results of 2014 by a Cali paper.  Now you are coming up with your own.  :D

California doesn't run the 4 x 200 which negates your most dominant event. 

In 2015 it was much of the same of California being better than Florida and Georgia across the board.  Texas was special in 2015 in the 100m dash.  Texas was also really good in the long jump and the triple jump though a lot of those efforts were windy.  I think the wind can hurt you sometimes in the jump causing more fouls with an over stride.  Texas was better than Cali in the 300m hurdles as well.  I would give the 2015 year to Texas.

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

DD/Tex et al, will we get a Barnes vs Schwartz 100 tilt at the Great Southwest Classic?  Altitude and a close to +2.0 m/s tailwind and who knows, maybe one of them could flirt w 10.05 or better wind legal... maybe even scare Trentavis Friday and his 10 flat record?    

If those two get together there one could surely threaten a 100 flat.  Those kids are way faster than most at this level.  We will know for sure later this month.