Texas State Championship T&F

DevilDog

38 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

California doesn't run the 4 x 200 which negates your most dominant event. 

In 2015 it was much of the same of California being better than Florida and Georgia across the board.  Texas was special in 2015 in the 100m dash.  Texas was also really good in the long jump and the triple jump though a lot of those efforts were windy.  I think the wind can hurt you sometimes in the jump causing more fouls with an over stride.  Texas was better than Cali in the 300m hurdles as well.  I would give the 2015 year to Texas.

The 4x200 wasn't used either

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:
1. - Malik Dennis
Jordan Pitts
Chris Polk
Mar'yea Harris
  3:11.86 CA Poly (Long Beach) Jun 07 CIF State Championship Finals The actual number 1 4 x 400 in California.  See i put the numbers out there as they are.  

No you didn't Cali  has not even ran their finals.  That is not this year. Jeesh.  I posted the results from the Texas relays where both of those Cali teams came and ran this year you posted something from 2014. 

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

If those two get together there one could surely threaten a 100 flat.  Those kids are way faster than most at this level.  We will know for sure later this month.  

That 10.22 Texan wants a piece too.  Add the white shadow from PA lol and some others.  Heck add Mondo and Sydney McLaughlin.  They set PR’s seems every event lately.  

11 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

That 10.22 Texan wants a piece too.  Add the white shadow from PA lol and some others.  Heck add Mondo and Sydney McLaughlin.  They set PR’s seems every event lately.  

No doubt dude the USA is gonna be a beast going forward.  One thing about Texas is most of these kids are Football studs and take that route.  Imagine if Jamaal Charles would have just focused on Track or Marquise Goodwin. People forget RGIII was one of the best Hurdlers ever.  Those kids all need to hook up. 

No doubt dude the USA is gonna be a beast going forward.  One thing about Texas is most of these kids are Football studs and take that route.  Imagine if Jamaal Charles would have just focused on Track or Marquise Goodwin. People forget RGIII was one of the best Hurdlers ever.  Those kids all need to hook up. 

Wonder how Bromell is doing health wise and if he’s ready to challenge again.   

Did you catch the 100 over the weekend?  Shanghai.  Gatlin got smoked by a local and a Brit won the race after coming on late.  The local sprinter thought he had won.   You don’t see that too often but that guy from China just destroyed Gatlin early on the wet track and didn’t let up.  De Grasse down again, still a lot of rehab work to get back full strength or he’s lost it.   Young from USA wasn’t a factor either.  

Here’s the race... 

24 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

No you didn't Cali  has not even ran their finals.  That is not this year. Jeesh.  I posted the results from the Texas relays where both of those Cali teams came and ran this year you posted something from 2014. 

So you going to hold schools coming to run their first or second meet against the whole state of California.  They got on a plane and flew to Texax.  And I'm giving you numbers from dye stat showing you that California is the best track and field state starting with 2014 which you started with.

13 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Did you catch the 100 over the weekend?  Shanghai.  Gatlin got smoked by a local and a Brit won the race after coming on late.  The local sprinter thought he had won.   You don’t see that too often but that guy from China just destroyed Gatlin early on the wet track and didn’t let up.  De Grasse down again, still a lot of rehab work to get back full strength or he’s lost it.   Young from USA wasn’t a factor either.  

Here’s the race... 

There isn't another world championship for 15 months. These races are cool, but all the top guys have perspective on what they should be doing now vs next year.

2 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

So you going to hold schools coming to run their first or second meet against the whole state of California.  They got on a plane and flew to Texax.  And I'm giving you numbers from dye stat showing you that California is the best track and field state starting with 2014 which you started with.

DyeStat didn't state that.  Dyestat is now Athletic.net.  And if you want to use 2014 4x400.  Cali had 3 Schools under 3:15:00 Texas had 6 and 8 total that ran in the 3:15.00's or less Cali had 4.  And it gets worse after that. 🤣

2014 4x4

1. 3:11.86 CA Poly (Long Beach) CIF State Championship Finals (1)
2. 3:12.87 CA Dorsey CIF State Championship Finals(2)
3. 3:14.10 CA Sheldon (CA) CIF State Championship Finals (5)

1. 3:13.25 TX Humble Kingwood UIL 5A State Championships(3)
2. 3:13.84 TX Arlington Martin (4)
3. 3:14.12 TX Lancaster (6)
4. 3:14.55 TX Killeen Harker Heights (7)
5. 3:14.72 TX Humble Summer Creek (8)
6. 3:14.97 TX Klein Oak (9)

17 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Here’s the race... 

De Grasse has lost it for right now.  It's still real early in his career but he hasn't looked the same for awhile now.

16 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

You do know there is a School called Hawthorne that got on a Plane and flew to Texas against the Baddest 4X400 in the nation led by Roy Martin a Texas Sensation.  Care to guess what happened.  You are not too good at this.  I been i this State a long time with T&F.  I have seen L.B. Wilson Girls come here and win taking the same flight in the same Relay. 

THE YEAR HAWTHORNE, CA SET THE NATIONAL RECORD IT WAS IN THE TEXAS RELAYS AGAINST THE TEAM THAT HAD RAN A 3::09:14 DALLAS ROOSEVELT THE YEAR BEFORE.  SO WHY NO EXCUSE ABOUT THAT.  

National: ! 3:07.40 1985 Hawthorne, CA, Hawthorne, CA March/Graham/Kelly/Thomas

State: + 3:09.14 1984 Dallas Roosevelt, Dallas Roosevelt Allen/Melton/Carden/Martin

Disqualified from the 100-meter dash in the 1985 Texas Relays, Hawthorne High’s Henry Thomas was discouraged but not down.

Hawthorne’s 25-year-old national mark in 4×400 relay stands test of time

“I don’t know what the split was in the first 200, but when you’re running fast you can feel it in your arms, legs, breathing. It was like a good controlled sprint for 400 meters and I didn’t get tired.”

Thomas crossed the line after an incredible lap of 44.5 seconds. The team time was 3:07.40.

“Hey, we did it,” was what Thomas recalled thinking.

And remarkably, no one else has. The closest call came in 1994, when West Brook of Beaumont, Texas, ran 3:08.55. In California, Muir went 3:08.66 in 1996 and 3:08.72 the next year

.https://www.dailybreeze.com/2010/05/29/hawthornes-25-year-old-national-mark-in-4x400-relay-stands-test-of-time/

“I remember the Texas fans were incredibly interested – better words would be wild

and unruly,” Marsh said with a laugh. “They were completely enchanted with Roy Martin

and held him in incredibly high regard. I don’t think they were familiar with

our team and grossly underestimated the talent we brought to the table.”

11 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

There isn't another world championship for 15 months. These races are cool, but all the top guys have perspective on what they should be doing now vs next year.

True.  I think that guy from China beat Gatlin last year also on the same track.   Maybe travel time impacted Gatlin vs if it was a major event and he’d arrive sooner and get acclimated better also.  He’s also not a youngster and sure his peaking period w coach is not Shanghai full warp speed ahead Mr Sulu. :) 

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

True.  I think that guy from China beat Gatlin last year also on the same track.   Maybe travel time impacted Gatlin vs if it was a major event and he’d arrive sooner and get acclimated better also.  He’s also not a youngster and sure his peaking period w coach is not Shanghai full warp speed ahead Mr Sulu. :) 

Those 2 Chinese dudes were flying in that race.  It was a soaked track.  Gatlin should hang em up. 

17 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

De Grasse has lost it for right now.  It's still real early in his career but he hasn't looked the same for awhile now.

Yea, hoping he bounces back. Man when he was racing at USC (and they were loaded too) he was on fire.  I thought he was ready to take Bolt’s crown for awhile.  Hope he gets it back and like @westbankeaglementioned, he’s got time for Worlds and the Tokyo Olympics is 2020.  He’s still rusty from the injury... I think he can get it back.  

25 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

POST A LINK THAT SAYS THAT.  I GAVE YOU MILESPLIT AND NOW HERE IS A SOURCE TELLING YOU THAT YOU ARE WRONG

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/bruce-buratti/index.ssf/2014/06/best_prep_high_school_track_an.html

2014 It says this 

if you want to watch the best high school track and field athletes in the United States, it's going to require a lengthy road trip.

That would be to the state of California to take in the girls talent in the Golden state, which ranks ahead of anywhere else in America.

But first, you'd have to make a stop in Texas to witness the overflowing boys talent spigot in the Lone Star state.

2014 Their Girls were the Best.   Hell you can argue that any  year.  Their Boys clearly are not and haven't been any year since 2014.  

Texas (164), California (136) and Florida (75), and New Jersey (68)

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

You do know there is a School called Hawthorne that got on a Plane and flew to Texas against the Baddest 4X400 in the nation led by Roy Martin a Texas Sensation.  Care to guess what happened.  You are not too good at this.  I been i this State a long time with T&F.  I have seen L.B. Wilson Girls come here and win taking the same flight in the same Relay. 

THE YEAR HAWTHORNE, CA SET THE NATIONAL RECORD IT WAS IN THE TEXAS RELAYS AGAINST THE TEAM THAT HAD RAN A 3::09:14 DALLAS ROOSEVELT THE YEAR BEFORE.  SO WHY NO EXCUSE ABOUT THAT.  

National: ! 3:07.40 1985 Hawthorne, CA, Hawthorne, CA March/Graham/Kelly/Thomas

State: + 3:09.14 1984 Dallas Roosevelt, Dallas Roosevelt Allen/Melton/Carden/Martin

Disqualified from the 100-meter dash in the 1985 Texas Relays, Hawthorne High’s Henry Thomas was discouraged but not down.

Hawthorne’s 25-year-old national mark in 4×400 relay stands test of time

“I don’t know what the split was in the first 200, but when you’re running fast you can feel it in your arms, legs, breathing. It was like a good controlled sprint for 400 meters and I didn’t get tired.”

Thomas crossed the line after an incredible lap of 44.5 seconds. The team time was 3:07.40.

“Hey, we did it,” was what Thomas recalled thinking.

And remarkably, no one else has. The closest call came in 1994, when West Brook of Beaumont, Texas, ran 3:08.55. In California, Muir went 3:08.66 in 1996 and 3:08.72 the next year

.https://www.dailybreeze.com/2010/05/29/hawthornes-25-year-old-national-mark-in-4x400-relay-stands-test-of-time/

“I remember the Texas fans were incredibly interested – better words would be wild

and unruly,” Marsh said with a laugh. “They were completely enchanted with Roy Martin

and held him in incredibly high regard. I don’t think they were familiar with

our team and grossly underestimated the talent we brought to the table.”

Man I could care less what happened in 1985.  Cleveland Glenville once had an A and B team go first and 3rd at nationals with Texans running in the same heat.  You don't see me on here pimping it out.  Some teams are just special.  But we're talking over all track and field and you have yet to show me any real numbers that shows that Florida let alone Georgia is a better track and field state than California.

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

Man I could care less what happened in 1985.  Cleveland Glenville once had an A and B team go first and 3rd at nationals with Texans running in the same heat.  You don't see me on here pimping it out.  Some teams are just special.  But we're talking over all track and field and you have yet to show me any real numbers that shows that Florida let alone Georgia is a better track and field state than California.

If you went to the Texas Relays you would know these teams run here every year.  How about that.  And have  been getting smoked the last 5 years.   YOU SAID CALIFORNIA IS THE BEST T&F STATE.  

Go look at the top 10 kids in every event.  It is like a Texas and Florida Party.  Matter of fact I put this year together and Cali gets slayed by Texas and Florida and Ga is right there with the Speed 

14 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Those 2 Chinese dudes were flying in that race.  It was a soaked track.  Gatlin should hang em up. 

I’d just like to see a smooth 4x100 win for the US and if Gatlin is on the Worlds team next summer he better not F up the baton exchange lol.  Coleman will probably take anchor I’d guess.  

Noah Lyles and Michael Norman look strong for the 200 as young guns for the US w Coleman.  Norman for the 400 also. Norman looks stronger and more built.  Saw him in the pac 10 finals on dvr and he looked smooth.   US has a ton of 400 guys.  

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

I’d just like to see a smooth 4x100 win for the US and if Gatlin is on the Worlds team next summer he better not F up the baton exchange lol.  

Noah Lyles and Michael Norman look strong for the 200 as young guns for the US.  Norman for the 400 also. Norman looks stronger and more built.  Saw him in the pac 10 finals and he looked smooth.   US has a ton of 400 guys.  

Yes the U.S Men are the worst at handoffs.  Those knuckleheads I feel because of sponsorship don't get to work like they should after the teams are determined.  Japan to me has the best stick game in the business and in HS Desoto is damn near flawless.  Japan and China make up for those minutes secs with those handoffs.  It's not Jamaica it's those two with G.B. 

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Bro that's a Trinidadian Team not Texas. In 2012 4 was inducted into the Penn Relays HOF.   I don't know if we have ever ran a HS team in that Event.  Due to our season at that  time of the year.

http://www.milesplit.com/rankings/events/high-school-boys/outdoor-track-and-field/4x100m?year=all&accuracy=fat

I got that from here.  

5 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I’d just like to see a smooth 4x100 win for the US and if Gatlin is on the Worlds team next summer he better not F up the baton exchange lol.  Coleman will probably take anchor I’d guess.  

Noah Lyles and Michael Norman look strong for the 200 as young guns for the US w Coleman.  Norman for the 400 also. Norman looks stronger and more built.  Saw him in the pac 10 finals on dvr and he looked smooth.   US has a ton of 400 guys.  

Lyles and Norman will challenge the 200 and 400 records in the next few years.  Bank on that.  I think they have to be part of the relay pool as well if we want to get that record back from Jamaica.  

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yes the U.S Men are the worst at handoffs.  Those knuckleheads I feel because of sponsorship don't get to work like they should after the teams are determined.  Japan to me has the best stick game in the business and in HS Desoto is damn near flawless.  Japan and China make up for those minutes secs with those handoffs.  It's not Jamaica it's those two with G.B. 

6A champ HC is the new USA baton 4x100 relay and baton exchange consultant.  Assistant coaches are 6A sub 40 time HC’s :).  Done.  

5 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Lyles and Norman will challenge the 200 and 400 records in the next few years.  Bank on that.  I think they have to be part of the relay pool as well if we want to get that record back from Jamaica.  

Yep.  The hurdler from VA at UF is a stud.  Name escapes me somehow.  Plus the former WR Devon Allen among some veterans.   Holloway, that’s the Gator.  Hurdles look good.  100 looks good or will I think also.  

@westbankeagle  watch the kid in the Green running that 2nd leg. 

DD or Tex, can you tally the 100 pr’s for the relay squads who broke 40.  Three schools right?   Individual pr with wind legal obviously preferred.  If you can add if nwi or not also.   Thx!   Interested to see this.  

I’ll do AHP tomorrow.  Not sure who the 4th runner was so need that name and then add 10.13 plus Campbell’s top 100 and the rest.  Jones and Surtain not sure if they ran the top time.