Texas State Championship T&F

DevilDog

11 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

What?  Where do you come up with me implying that someone is cheating?  Unless your saying that I think you Texans can control weather.

The wind should not ever be brought up in these relays.  Nobody get's wind reading in these races because if the wind works for you on one leg it works against you on another.  

Times can be very misleading

Schwartz runs 20.41 with 2.8 200m

Barnes runs 20.55 with 2.8 200m

I am not speaking for Schwartz - Maybe he let off the gas too.  IMO Barnes coasted to the finish when he ran 20.55 with the same exact wind reading.

Who wins head to head in this race?  Who really knows - It would be really close most likely!

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

I shoot down the hyper bowl crap.  People posting flat out lies like 10.04 wind aided 100m is a national record ain't cool.  Did the Texas kids go under 40.00 at the Jr Olympics?  Did they smoke everyone at the Jr Olympics?  

The Jr Olympics are joke IMO - Very seldom in the relays are these the fastest kids.  Also, most of these kids have not truly trained together for long periods of time.  

Bottom line - FAT only all conditions

Florida Produced 169 kids who ran sub 11 flat 100m - yes the wind blows in Florida too and just like TX many of these kids was helped by the wind.

Texas produced 379 kids who ran sub 11 flat 100m 

I shoot down the hyper bowl crap.  People posting flat out lies like 10.04 wind aided 100m is a national record ain't cool.  Did the Texas kids go under 40.00 at the Jr Olympics?  Did they smoke everyone at the Jr Olympics?  

With all due respect you are wrong about this...The reason it was record on the high school level (All conditions)- The few faster times recorded all happened after High school graduation.

The UIL does not honor times after kids graduate from HS.

Let me give you the best example of this.  Fort Worth Wyatt had the record in the 4x200 until this year according to everyone except the UIL  - This was ran after graduation in Florida.  The UIL never honored this time.

They had Port Arthur Memorial with the national record coming into this season even though they didn't beat the time that Wyatt ran in 1998 while running in Florida.

Now - The Woodlands will have the record.

Here is my proof - This is from last year going into the finals of the 4x200 - when Port Arthur set the record - even though Wyatt still had the record according to everyone else.

The UIL National record went to Ft Bend Hightower in 2007 - again Wyatt had ran faster after graduation in Florida.

Event 512 Boys 4x200 Meter Relay 5A
======================================================================= 
 National: ! 1:23.92 2007 Ft. Bend Hightower, TX, Fort Bend 
 Sweeny/Davis/Amarikwa/Lee 
 State: + 1:23.92 2007 Fort Bend Hightower, Fort Bend Hig 
 Sweeny/Davis/Amarikwa/Lee 
 Conf 5A: * 1:24.01 2015 Ft.Bend Marshall, Ft.Bend Marshall 
 C.Lynch, A.Lattin, K.Sheffield, S.Ehiemua 
 School Finals Points 
======================================================================= 
Finals 
 1 Port Arthur Memorial 1:23.52! 20 
 1) 4421 Hull, Xavier 11 2) 4418 Brown, Ireon 09 
 3) 4417 Angelle, Deandre 12 4) 4425 Vincent, Kary 12 
 2 Manvel 1:24.05 16 
 1) 4279 Johnson, Aaron 12 2) 4275 Colbert, Jaren 12 
 3) 4283 Scott, Kameron 11 4) 4280 Jolivette, Caleb 12 
 3 Beaumont Central 1:25.28 12 
 1) 3601 Moreaux, Deshon 12 2) 3603 Thomas, Patrick 12 
 3) 3599 Broussard, Devin 12 4) 3602 Ragsdale, Calen 12 
 4 Waxahachie 1:25.84 8 
 1) 4709 Reagor, Jalen 12 2) 4711 Sargent, De'veon 12 
 3) 4708 Jackson, Keontrey 12 4) 4712 Snell, Kenedy 12 
 5 Mansfield Lake Ridge 1:25.85 4 
 1) 4271 Wilson, David 11 2) 4264 Scott, Chris 
 3) 4265 Curry, Jeremiah 11 4) 4263 Bean, Jason 11 
 6 Denton Ryan 1:27.26 2 
 1) 3873 Walker, TJ 10 2) 3870 Marion, Brock 12 
 3) 3872 Nwosu, Stanley 10 4) 3871 McNary, Jessie 12 
 7 Austin LBJ 1:27.54 
 1) 3581 Collins, Deon 11 2) 3584 Scott, Jaleel 09 
 3) 3582 Johnson, Aundoy 10 4) 3583 McDonald, Tyron 11 
 8 San Antonio Houston 1:28.72 
 1) 4497 Stewart-Hartfiled, Aaquil 2) 4494 Debrow, Willie 12 
 3) 4496 Purnsley, Trevion 10 4) 4493 Burton, Dion 12 
 9 Abilene Cooper 1:29.03 
 1) 3506 Royals, Myller 11 2) 3502 Buquet, Preston 11 
 3) 3504 Garner, Marcus 10 4) 3505 Paige, Terreon 12 

12 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The Jr Olympics are joke IMO - Very seldom in the relays are these the fastest kids.  Also, most of these kids have not truly trained together for long periods of time.  

Bottom line - FAT only all conditions

Florida Produced 169 kids who ran sub 11 flat 100m - yes the wind blows in Florida too and just like TX many of these kids was helped by the wind.

Texas produced 379 kids who ran sub 11 flat 100m 

Texas goes to 6a.  Florida goes up to 4a.  You probably have 100,000 more kids running.  Congrats.

Texas goes to 6a.  Florida goes up to 4a.  You probably have 100,000 more kids running.  Congrats.

You know every state can control what their divisions are right? You know Arkansas has a 7A? It only has like 14 schools and those schools aren't bigger than TX 6A. The number of A's has nothing to do with anything. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

You know every state can control what their divisions are right? You know Arkansas has a 7A? It only has like 14 schools and those schools aren't bigger than TX 6A. The number of A's has nothing to do with anything. 

He knows they combine classes in Track down in Florida.  They have like 8 classes in football and only 4 in track

3 hours ago, westbankeagle said:

So are you saying Florida has more kids running track than Texas?  Because if you are you are way wrong.  I'll make it easy for you from a football stand point.  Ohio has more schools playing football than Florida.  Texas probably doubles up Florida, so now lets think about how many more kids they have running.

Yall are ridiculous with some of the stuff yall come up with.

19 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

So are you saying Florida has more kids running track than Texas?  Because if you are you are way wrong.  I'll make it easy for you from a football stand point.  Ohio has more schools playing football than Florida.  Texas probably doubles up Florida, so now lets think about how many more kids they have running.

California has just as many kids running or participating as Texas.   Seems Florida have no problem smoking everyone not named Texas and that includes California. 🤘.  I am sure other States are close in numbers to Florida and I bet they get smoked.  How bout comparing Texas 4A to the whole State of Ohio.  I bet you have a lot more kids and they are a helluva lot slower. 

Or just use Beast Texas against the rest of America not named Florida and see if they get smoked.  Though vastly outnumbered. 

How about Compare Ohio to La. I am sure there are more kids running in Ohio.  

CULTURE.  

@westbankeagle and @Texasball

After Texas and Cali the T&F numbers look like this. 

3.  New York (372,772), 4. llinois (344,143), 5. Ohio (319,929), 6. Pennsylvania (319,853), 7. Michigan (295,436),  8. Florida (285,885), 9. New Jersey (279,371) and 10. Minnesota (237,686). 

Notice no Georgia or La.  Who would bet me La. and Ga. wouldn't destroy those states other than Florida?  So having a bunch of numbers is not the answer.  It's Culture and dedication.   i would bet my House Ga would smoke NY, NJ, IL, OH and Pennsylvania. 

Hell I would put Texas 4A or 5A alone against all those States. They would have vastly superior numbers. 

I'm sure The U.S. outnumber Jamaica vastly.  How has that worked out the last Decade?  CULTURE AND DEDICATION.  According to Him China should rule the World in Track and Field.  

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

California has just as many kids running or participating as Texas.   Seems Florida have no problem smoking everyone not named Texas and that includes California. 🤘.  I am sure other States are close in numbers to Florida and I bet they get smoked.  How bout comparing Texas 4A to the whole State of Ohio.  I bet you have a lot more kids and they are a helluva lot slower. 

Or just use Beast Texas against the rest of America not named Florida and see if they get smoked.  Though vastly outnumbered. 

CULTURE.  

No one from Louisiana, Texas or Florida would have came outside in Ohio a month ago.  Hard to run a fast time in 39 degree weather.  State championships in Ohio are 3 weeks away.  

California is the best track and field state.  They are great everywhere on both the boys and girls side.  

6 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

No one from Louisiana, Texas or Florida would have came outside in Ohio a month ago.  Hard to run a fast time in 39 degree weather.  State championships in Ohio are 3 weeks away.  

California is the best track and field state.  They are great everywhere on both the boys and girls side.  

Not anymore they are not.  They are very good in Field events.  There Girls are not better than Tx and Fl AND Ga. is the fastest girls of all.  That is not True. 

Texas has been ranked number 1 by FloTRACK all the way back to 2014.  Fact  In 2014 Their Girls were 2nd behind Fl and their Boys were way behind Texas and this was done in Cali. 

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/bruce-buratti/index.ssf/2014/06/best_prep_high_school_track_an.html

2014. The Garden State boys finished fourth with 68 points behind Texas (164), California (136) and Florida (75) while the Pennsylvania boys finished 14th with 21 points

Best high school track and field athletes reside in California, Texas

With the 2015 track season coming to an end, we put together some “end-of-the-year” lists to find out which states produced the best athletes overall, and relative to size.

2015 BOYS TOTALS BY STATE

RNK STATE TOTAL 100 200 400 800 1600 3200 4x1 4x4 110H 300H
01 Texas 207 26 27 19 1 2 5 41 38 23 25
02 California 111 10 10 11 11 18 16 8 12 3 12
03 Florida 94 11 14 13 2 1 4 19 9 10 11
04 Georgia 58 6 8 8 4 0 2 12 4 9 5
05 Illinois 52 7 5 5 5 10 4 2 5 4 5
06 Ohio 43 5 4 4 3 3 3 1 4 8 8
07 Pennsylvania 34 1 1 1 7 6 9 1 5 0 3
08 New York 32 1 4 3 7 6 8 1 2 0 0
08 Virginia 32 2 2 2 6 5 2 2 1 5 5
10 North Carolina 27 6 2 3 4 1 3 1 0 2

FIrst off, insane 4x100 race in 6A... I didn't miss it :)   That was legendary right there.   Nationally, it's basically TX and friends in this event.  

In regards to the one race where most participate individually, let's look at the 100... and it's impossible not to notice Louisiana.    

HS #'s per athletic.net as of yesterday  (Cali is not finished yet with states)...  chart 2 is the largest pool of runners as chart 3 is just the difference between charts 1 and 2.   The %'s line up ideally in charts 2 and 3 and college also makes perfect sense if you think about the talent pool and participants variance vs. HS participants.    *athletic.net for collegiate is not up to date but at worst two weeks behind.  

image.png.24e9c9f2821a525191d4d078219b474a.png

image.png.1326105caaa1af64e8167cf9f95cbfc9.png

• Like 1

Currently per athletic.net there have been 21,182 wind legal 100's and 105,266 FAT 100's participants...  just two have run all conditions sub 10.20 and just one has run sub 10.20 wind legal.  

Collegiate D1 there have been 30 participants who ran sub 10.20 wind legal so far (this is up to date) and 13 faster than 10.13 (Schwartz pr).  Univ. of Georgia's Kendal Williams ran a 9.99 in the SEC champ. to top the list collegiately thus far.  College picks up many international talents keep in mind who join the US kids at the next level.    

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Nobody ever mentioned that Florida had more kids than Texas.

Florida has roughly 500+ football playing schools.  How many does Ohio have?

14 hours ago, nptb17 said:

OMG - puff puff pass - Your freaking high!  Texas has always been the leader in Track and Field during our life span!  I am most likely older than you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

OMG - puff puff pass - Your freaking high!  Texas has always been the leader in Track and Field during our life span!  I am most likely older than you.

He hates giving Texas its Props even after smoking Jamaica in the Great S.W. he claimed it wasn't their A' Team.  Yet that was the team that won the Penn Relays so yes it was an A' Team that got waxed.  4 Tx kids ran the fastest 4x100 ever by HS kids.

I found this from 2002 - El paso team winning the Penn Relays - smoking them Jam in the process

High School Boys 4x100m Relays

Event 240, Saturday, 2:45 pm
HSB 4x100m Championship of America

1. 40.15, El Dorado / El Dorado, TT
Dion Rodriguez, Marc Burns, Kevin Straker, Darrel Brown
2. 40.54, Vere Technical / Hayes, JA
Jevar Brown, Travis Coombs, Jermaine Barton, Steve Mullings
3. 41.06, Mount Tabor / Winston-Salem, NC
J-mee Samuels, Jerrod Wiley, Wes Bailey, Mike Loyd
4. 41.46, Deep Creek / Chesapeake, VA
Jarvis Hyman, Deandre Hyman, John Hyman, Antwain Carey
5. 41.50, Bridgeport Comprehensive / Portmore, JA
Decasmo Wright, Derrick Downer, Paul Harris, Icoll Allen
6. 41.56, Holmwood Technical / Manchester, JA
Kevin Staple, Arnaldo Elliott, Shawn Sergeant, Yhann Plummer
7. 41.96, Heritage / Newport News, VA
James Banks, Ray Stith, Carlos Ebron, Michael Johnson
8. 42.17, Trenton Central / Trenton, NJ
Joshua Kemp, Ashhad Auyapong, Freddy Vanues, Irving Stills

According to Milesplit data 

Texas has 35 of the top 50 all time 4x100 ran by High School teams in the united states.

I will say it -  We are better than the rest of the nation!

We got the best schools with the best systems.  Our kids grow up with competition.

Our coaches are allowed to coach and not baby our kids.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I found this from 2002 - El paso team winning the Penn Relays - smoking them Jam in the process

High School Boys 4x100m Relays

Event 240, Saturday, 2:45 pm
HSB 4x100m Championship of America

1. 40.15, El Dorado / El Dorado, TT
Dion Rodriguez, Marc Burns, Kevin Straker, Darrel Brown
2. 40.54, Vere Technical / Hayes, JA
Jevar Brown, Travis Coombs, Jermaine Barton, Steve Mullings
3. 41.06, Mount Tabor / Winston-Salem, NC
J-mee Samuels, Jerrod Wiley, Wes Bailey, Mike Loyd
4. 41.46, Deep Creek / Chesapeake, VA
Jarvis Hyman, Deandre Hyman, John Hyman, Antwain Carey
5. 41.50, Bridgeport Comprehensive / Portmore, JA
Decasmo Wright, Derrick Downer, Paul Harris, Icoll Allen
6. 41.56, Holmwood Technical / Manchester, JA
Kevin Staple, Arnaldo Elliott, Shawn Sergeant, Yhann Plummer
7. 41.96, Heritage / Newport News, VA
James Banks, Ray Stith, Carlos Ebron, Michael Johnson
8. 42.17, Trenton Central / Trenton, NJ
Joshua Kemp, Ashhad Auyapong, Freddy Vanues, Irving Stills

Bro that's a Trinidadian Team not Texas. In 2012 4 was inducted into the Penn Relays HOF.   I don't know if we have ever ran a HS team in that Event.  Due to our season at that  time of the year.

14 hours ago, DevilDog said:

CULTURE.  

Fact - California has way more kids running than Texas.  The produce like a little state.  Georgia kicks that ass anymore!

I made all those post on the other thread -  Georgia was showing better depth than California in the sprints and relays