Jump to content

2A Amite, La (enrollment 443) 5 SEC prospects.....


RedZone

Recommended Posts

Pretty remarkable really. That's a solid propsect list for a lot of 5A and 6A schools that don't transfer up every season. Amite has 2 or 3 big dudes in the 2020 class that are about to blow up too. I believe Amite will make it back the Dome in 2018.

 

5* #1 rated DT Ishmael Sopsher

https://247sports.com/Player/Ishmael-Sopsher-88108

5* WR Devonta Lee

https://247sports.com/Player/Devonta-Lee-88552

3* WR Kyle Maxwell

https://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-Maxwell-46047133

3* QB Amani Gilmore

https://247sports.com/Player/Amani-Gilmore-91508

3* DB Daran Branch

https://247sports.com/Player/Daran-Branch-46054701

SEC Country Article

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/lsu-recruiting-amite-notes

 

Who can forget Tua Tagovalio pass to Freshman Devonta Smith from Amite last year for the hardware. Smith was a 5* WR in the 2017 class.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, RedZone said:

Pretty remarkable really. That's a solid propsect list for a lot of 5A and 6A schools that don't transfer up every season. Amite has 2 or 3 big dudes in the 2020 class that are about to blow up too. I believe Amite will make it back the Dome in 2018.

 

5* #1 rated DT Ishmael Sopsher

https://247sports.com/Player/Ishmael-Sopsher-88108

5* WR Devonta Lee

https://247sports.com/Player/Devonta-Lee-88552

3* WR Kyle Maxwell

https://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-Maxwell-46047133

3* QB Amani Gilmore

https://247sports.com/Player/Amani-Gilmore-91508

3* DB Daran Branch

https://247sports.com/Player/Daran-Branch-46054701

SEC Country Article

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/lsu-recruiting-amite-notes

 

Who can forget Tua Tagovalio pass to Freshman Devonta Smith from Amite last year for the hardware. Smith was a 5* WR in the 2017 class.

 

Lol they lost to St Thomas Aquinas , and not the Florida team.. they lost to STA  of LA.... if I was a recruiter I would stay away from teams with shitty SOS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, RedZone said:

Speaking of punks. This new generation of nonsense posters here has reached a point where no meaningful thread is spared from stupidity.

Endless garbage 24/7

Take a hike.

 

I was hoping you would find it in your being, to forgive me but your lack of heart and humorless outlook make it moot.

Bahahaha

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, RedZone said:

Pretty remarkable really. That's a solid propsect list for a lot of 5A and 6A schools that don't transfer up every season. Amite has 2 or 3 big dudes in the 2020 class that are about to blow up too. I believe Amite will make it back the Dome in 2018.

 

5* #1 rated DT Ishmael Sopsher

https://247sports.com/Player/Ishmael-Sopsher-88108

5* WR Devonta Lee

https://247sports.com/Player/Devonta-Lee-88552

3* WR Kyle Maxwell

https://247sports.com/Player/Kyle-Maxwell-46047133

3* QB Amani Gilmore

https://247sports.com/Player/Amani-Gilmore-91508

3* DB Daran Branch

https://247sports.com/Player/Daran-Branch-46054701

SEC Country Article

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/lsu-recruiting-amite-notes

 

Who can forget Tua Tagovalio pass to Freshman Devonta Smith from Amite last year for the hardware. Smith was a 5* WR in the 2017 class.

 

this is really cool for a small school like that.  I am somewhat familiar w/ Amite but never saw them play (only ever went to 4A Franklinton games when down there).  Speaking of Franklinton; here's some cool stuff people don't expect younger kids/teens/adults to do;

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/boys-stop-basketball-game-to-kneel-for-passing-funeral-procession/1135338148

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DB4 said:

Amite reminds me Newton (TX). I think they also have 5 kids with D1 offers, or something close to it. And the school has no more than 300 kids in it. Town of just over 2,400.

Amite vs Newton would be a cool OOS game. Probably much better than a lot of these overhyped match ups.

Amite has a population of about 4,000 and is an hour from NOLA.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Lol they lost to St Thomas Aquinas , and not the Florida team.. they lost to STA  of LA.... if I was a recruiter I would stay away from teams with shitty SOS

Our STA produces some kids too... But a weak SOS (and for our 2A its strong), doesn't make the kids slower.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Lol they lost to St Thomas Aquinas , and not the Florida team.. they lost to STA  of LA.... if I was a recruiter I would stay away from teams with shitty SOS

Which is why you wouldn't last 5 minutes as a recruiter...You recruit the talent from the school...

Amite puts out athletes on the regular...

Also...There are 2A-4A schools in the state that play up in Classification OOD...

But knowing your hatred of damn near everything involving Louisiana football...I expected no less from you.

Laissez le bon temps rouler...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Which is why you wouldn't last 5 minutes as a recruiter...You recruit the talent from the school...

 

States like NJ (where the garbage collector is from) measure the success of their "entire state" on 3, maybe 4 private schools playing OOS. 😄

Truth is Amite and several other of our smaller schools probably have more talent than any of those talent strapped NJ privates this year. 

Of course NJ only has 3 or 4 OOS games this year, go figure..

#sad

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, RedZone said:

States like NJ (where the garbage collector is from) measure the success of their "entire state" on 3, maybe 4 private schools playing OOS. 😄

Truth is Amite and several other of our smaller schools probably have more talent than any of those talent strapped NJ privates this year. 

Of course NJ only has 3 or 4 OOS games this year, go figure..

#sad

 

It’s okay some states aren’t ready for Primetime OOS games.. thier either to poor or not good enough to play a National schedule so they play small ball Bush league teams to inflate their records  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

It’s okay some states aren’t ready for Primetime OOS games.. thier either to poor or not good enough to play a National schedule so they play small ball Bush league teams to inflate their records  

Like 90% of Jersey....got it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"competition breeds success", not traveling 3000 miles and losing a football game 66-12 like Bergen Catholic, NJ last year

 

"competition breeds success" is why college coaches and scouts live at our small, medium and large schools in Louisiana and South in general.

We go up against the best of the best at every level in the Bayou every week. You would be amazed at our weeky highlight show during the season. You would be like, DAMN! Them boys are nasty.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...