Pick the State Champion Pick em Contest

The Comish

Dear Members,

The Executive Committee is considering sponsoring a "State Champion Pick em contest" this year.  Basically we will pick (14) States and each member will get to "pick" their expected state champion (aka #1 ranked team at year end)

*IMG not elegible for Fla. but is elegible for the MNC pick

*States with no clean playoffs (ex. Fla) will use the combined polls result to determine winner.   Calif open champ will be State Champ.

* 20 points Maximum for 100% correct picks 14 states + MNC (2 pts) + MNC 2nd-fifth (1 point each)

*Posters can edit their picks until the day  before the first game of the season in one of the 14 states

State Champion aka #1 ranked in state end of season (1 point for each correct choice)

California

Florida

Texas

Ohio

Arizona

New Jersey

Maryland

Georgia

Pennsylvania

Louisiana

Hawaii

South Carolina

Alabama

Arkansas

MNC (3 points) Compilation polls ranking will be used

MNC (2nd -5th) *1 point for each correct selection based on Compulation Polls results.

Please let us know of your interest.  We can pin this thread if we get 20 or more contestants

-The Comish

8 hours ago, The Comish said:

Dear Members,

The Executive Committee is considering sponsoring a "State Champion Pick em contest this year.  Basically we will pick (13) States and each member will get to "pick" their expected state champion.

*States with no clean playoffs (ex. Fla) will use the combined polls result to determine winner.   Calif open champ will be State Champ.

* 20 points Maximum for 100% correct picks 13 states + MNC (3 pts) + MNC 2nd-fifth (1 point each)

*Posters can edit their picks until the day  before the first game of the season in one of the 13 states

State Champion (1 point for each correct choice)

California

Florida

Texas

Ohio

Arizona

Maryland

Georgia

Pennsylvania

Louisiana

Hawaii

South Carolina

Alabama

Arkansas

MNC (3 points) Combined polls ranking will be used

MNC (2nd -5th) *1 point for each correct selection based on Combined Polls results.

Please let us know of your interest.  We can pin this thread if we get 20 or more contestants

-The Comish

Hey genius which classification we picking because states have more than 1 state champ? 

13 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

And yes i read it but what about a state like GA for instance?

Are we picking GA 7a? Are we picking GA 4a?

Gotta be specific or you going to scare people away from joining 

Im sure he means the best class. Which is the largest in most... For Maryland probably the WCAC, for NJ NPG4... And stuffz

9 hours ago, The Comish said:

Dear Members,

The Executive Committee is considering sponsoring a "State Champion Pick em contest this year.  Basically we will pick (13) States and each member will get to "pick" their expected state champion.

* 20 points Maximum for 100% correct picks 13 states + MNC (3 pts) + MNC 2nd-fifth (1 point each)

*Posters can edit their picks until the day  before the first game of the season in one of the 13 states

State Champion (1 point for each correct choice)

California

Florida

Texas

Ohio

Arizona

Maryland

Georgia

Pennsylvania

Louisiana

Hawaii

South Carolina

Alabama

Arkansas

MNC (3 points) Combined polls ranking will be used

MNC (2nd -5th) *1 point for each correct selection based on Combined Polls results.

-The Comish

Well I’m boycotting this as union rep because ur agenda is clearly bias against NJ ... 

why cant we vote on NJ

who the hell cares about Arizona and Louisiana Football lmao 🤣 

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Honestly it would test people's knowledge of these states a lot more to pick ALL state champs but it's your idea so your call

But if you really want to see who knows these states that would be best method 

I doubt theres anyone that knows about every single state... 

I only know enough about 12 to make a stable judgement. 

Georgia

Florida

South Carolina 

North Carolina 

Texas-I try...

Ohio

Alabama 

California

Tennessee 

DC/Maryland 

Etc... 

10 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I doubt theres anyone that knows about every single state... 

I only know enough about 12 to make a stable judgement. 

Georgia

Florida

South Carolina 

North Carolina 

Texas-I try...

Ohio

Alabama 

California

Tennessee 

DC/Maryland 

Etc... 

Oh i meant all the state champs in the states listed in the topic 😂 

Not all 50 states,  that would be insane 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I have an interest in this tournament. Perhaps it should allow for adjustments to one's picks up till the mid point of the season for each state. 

Yeah

Picking the state champ before the season is hard enough 

Picking the state champ who will finish number 1 is insane

That might be possible for states with a clear top level playoff but for a state like FL and GA who have multiple classes with potential for having the top team it makes no sense

Plus picking before the season?  This is something that should be done before the playoffs not before the season

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah

Picking the state champ before the season is hard enough 

Picking the state champ who will finish number 1 is insane

That might be possible for states with a clear top level playoff but for a state like FL and GA who have multiple classes with potential for having the top team it makes no sense

Plus picking before the season?  This is something that should be done before the playoffs not before the season

Exactly my point. Is difficult for a resident of a competitive state like say, Florida, to make those picks for his own state let alone another dozen states throughout the country!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Im sure he means the best class. Which is the largest in most... For Maryland probably the WCAC, for NJ NPG4... And stuffz

Correct.  We are going with largest class, and in the event of a debate, we will use the end of year compilation poll result to determine #1 in the state.

-The Comish

2 hours ago, The Comish said:

Correct.  We are going with largest class, and in the event of a debate, we will use the end of year compilation poll result to determine #1 in the state.

-The Comish

I disagree because NPG3 will. Have sjr as #1 team in state ..... so In actuality NPG3 should be combined......just watch.. if Alaimo is the real deal SJR will be dangerous 

22 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

I disagree because NPG3 will. Have sjr as #1 team in state ..... so In actuality NPG3 should be combined......just watch.. if Alaimo is the real deal SJR will be dangerous 

New Jersey was added to the contest. 

What were the compilation ranking results last year for NPG3 and NPG4?  Which ever team was ranked higher would be the #1 team for the purpose of this contest.

-The Comish

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Comish said:

New Jersey was added to the contest. 

What were the compilation ranking results last year for NPG3 and NPG4?  Which ever team was ranked higher would be the #1 team for the purpose of this contest.

-The Comish

Bergen DePaul And Bergen Beat  DePaul in season so Bergen would have been Unanimous #1 in NJ unfortunately 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, The Comish said:

Dear Members,

The Executive Committee is considering sponsoring a "State Champion Pick em contest" this year.  Basically we will pick (14) States and each member will get to "pick" their expected state champion (aka #1 ranked team at year end)

* 20 points Maximum for 100% correct picks 14 states + MNC (2 pts) + MNC 2nd-fifth (1 point each)

*Posters can edit their picks until the day  before the first game of the season in one of the 14 states

State Champion aka #1 ranked in state end of season (1 point for each correct choice)

California - SJB

Florida - AHP

Texas - Allen

Ohio - Colerain

Arizona - Chandler

New Jersey - SJR

Maryland - St. Johns

Georgia - Archer

Pennsylvania - St. Joe's

Louisiana - Uhigh

Hawaii - St. Louis

South Carolina - Dutch Fork

Alabama - Thompson

Arkansas - North Little Rock

MNC (3 points) Compilation polls ranking will be used - SJB

MNC (2nd -5th) *1 point for each correct selection based on Compilation Polls results.

2nd  - Allen;  3rd - AHP; 4th - Stache

-The Comish

My way to early picks, but the rules say I can edit up until Aug. 15 or thereabouts

• Like 1