If you were the cop what would you do?

On2whls

An elderly couple with a handicap placard are driving around looking for parking at a fairly busy shopping area.  They come across someone vacating a handicapped space and wait patiently as the person pulls out.  Meanwhile an opportunistic person also having a handicap placard moves in and snatches the spot since the elderly couple were obstructed by the person leaving.

The elderly couple then pulls behind the person that took their spot and courteously asks why they would do that.  The person, who happened to be young, fit, and obviously not handicapped, lays into them verbally in an insulting manner, fraught with expletives, and threatens that if their car is still there when upon return, they will be very sorry.  

The elderly couple not intimidated stays put until the person returns about 15 minutes later, and a police officer arrives shortly thereafter.

How do you think this situation should have been resolved?

14 minutes ago, On2whls said:

An elderly couple with a handicap placard are driving around looking for parking at a fairly busy shopping area.  They come across someone vacating a handicapped space and wait patiently as the person pulls out.  Meanwhile an opportunistic person also having a handicap placard moves in and snatches the spot since the elderly couple were obstructed by the person leaving.

The elderly couple then pulls behind the person that took their spot and courteously asks why they would do that.  The person, who happened to be young, fit, and obviously not handicapped, lays into them verbally in an insulting manner, fraught with expletives, and threatens that if their car is still there when upon return, they will be very sorry.  

The elderly couple not intimidated stays put until the person returns about 15 minutes later, and a police officer arrives shortly thereafter.

Me personally I’d get right back in my squad car and get ready for a serious call cause I don’t got time for petty shit

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Me personally I’d get right back in my squad car and get ready for a serious call cause I don’t got time for petty shit

Ouch. I would claim the young punk had what I thought to be a knife and proceed to film with 50k volts.  Then would beat the crap out him because to me I was afraid for my life cuz he was going into convulsions from said volts for resisting arrest. Just another day on the job. Deuces. Mic drop.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Ouch. I would claim the young punk had what I thought to be a knife and proceed to film with 50k volts.  Then would beat the crap out him because to me I was afraid for my life cuz he was going into convulsions from said volts for resisting arrest. Just another day on the job. Deuces. Mic drop.

I like you right now.

Of course, soon enough you'll say some libtard mental diarrhea and I'll wonder what the fuck is wrong with you again...

Pero en este momento, estamos bien tu y yo...  bien dicho.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Nope never get involved to many cameras and cell phones these days     ... everyone’s looking for a law suit ... wouldn’t be worth the paycheck benefits pension to hurt the guy UNLESS IT GOT serious then that’s a whole different story 

11 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Nope never get involved to many cameras and cell phones these days     ... everyone’s looking for a law suit ... wouldn’t be worth the paycheck benefits pension to hurt the guy UNLESS IT GOT serious then that’s a whole different story 

This all may be true, but I do not see many cops that are caught on camera committing major crimes against people, being busted.  You got a badge, you can get a with murder.  

12 hours ago, On2whls said:

So are you going to give us the full story?  Asking for a friend I barely like. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

So are you going to give us the full story?  Asking for a friend I barely like. 

I was actually interested in seeing how others would perceive how a seemingly minor situation would be resolved.  Bottom line though, both parties received citations for their part in the parking space conflict. The loser who snatched the spot felt totally disrespected, targeted....and tried to goad the officer into an excessive force situation.   The real fun came when  a third party associated with that loser later tried unsuccessfully  to enact some vigilante justice on the elderly couple and was led away in handcuffs.  The loser that received the citation was present at the subsequent scene attempting to create a video document which she was narrating in an effort to capture the stormtrooper tactics in action.  She failed at that as well.

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

I would have checked to see if young persons handicapped placard belonged to him. If it did, I would have checked to see it his license was valid and he had no warrants...If All was good would have to let him go....Begrudgingly and may have told him to be polite...I hate this....

I see young people all the time with handicap placards that have lifted trucks, able to jump in and jump out, look fit, obviously not disabled.

How do we fix this?

23 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Oh, he goaded,👽👽👽

Actually, ‘‘twas a she.  Because the officer ticketed the elderly couple first, she thought she was getting off unscathed, and because in her mind, she had done nothing wrong, she pulled the victim card.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Is that really your ride? Nice truck bro.

Yes thanks,,,, 

2 years ago I just thought 💭 screw it im buy all my vehicles now and by 27 I’ll have no payments on any of my vehicles.... so I’d be set for a while ... plus between landscaping, plowing and snow removal, doing construction side gigs and going to the scrap metal yard every single day, that truck will pay for my Infiniti within 10 months 

hopefully by next year I save up and buy a 2019  f250 or something like that.... I gotta make sure the income keeps flowing in still 

8293A8A4-3403-4783-B5AC-BC76F99E2475.jpeg

93DAB8C4-3697-43BA-8593-97A8DC46F507.png

13 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Yes thanks,,,, 

2 years ago I just thought 💭 screw it im buy all my vehicles now and by 27 I’ll have no payments on any of my vehicles.... so I’d be set for a while ... plus between landscaping, plowing and snow removal, doing construction side gigs and going to the scrap metal yard every single day, that truck will pay for my Infiniti within 10 months 

hopefully by next year I save up and buy a 2019  f250 or something like that.... I gotta make sure the income keeps flowing in still 

8293A8A4-3403-4783-B5AC-BC76F99E2475.jpeg

93DAB8C4-3697-43BA-8593-97A8DC46F507.png

You're doing it the right way by saying eff the banks and their interest and just pay it off fast. You're rolling with the whips. Sounds like got the makings of an entrepreneur with all the gigs. Dig it. 

16 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

You're doing it the right way by saying eff the banks and their interest and just pay it off fast. You're rolling with the whips. Sounds like got the makings of an entrepreneur with all the gigs. Dig it. 

Oh no 🙈 definitely not an entrepreneur, I just have an addiction to money...... all those gigs is added to the 70 hours a week I put in doing plaster and stucco at my construction job

23 hours ago, On2whls said:

Actually, ‘‘twas a she.  Because the officer ticketed the elderly couple first, she thought she was getting off unscathed, and because in her mind, she had done nothing wrong, she pulled the victim card.

I'm not sure I understand what the older couple did that deserved a citation.  Block traffic?  If the young person has a legit handicap card then remind him to be courteous and tell the couple to get over it and go on with your day.