Florida potential plans

Columbiafan

9 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Yes those were all being considered and voted on

The idea being asked about is not currently up for vote because they are still asking athletic directors from across the state their thoughts on it 

The ones that will likely hate this idea will be teams who have a favorable road to state and this system would move teams based on competitive levels for classes (kinda like how d1 and d2 works in a few states out there)

But best of all I'm hearing it's for alls sports not just football so teams who are not successful in a high class in some sports will get to move down and play teams of similar level

Basically balancing the classes

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

FHSAA finalizes football playoff format changes for upcoming season

Yes i remember those being passed

The previous changes were passed already 

These ones I'm talking about are no where close to passing yet because they are still looking into it

Click on the twitter post at the top and read the thread and you can see some details on it

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Gay. Unnecessary. Wasteful. Stupid.

6 classes-

No less than 6 teams in each district. Winner and runner up make playoffs.

Re-seed by SECTION after first round (to ensure the district winner gets a home game).

Problems solved. 

That's a mighty fine fantasy you've got there.

But there's this small problem of popular vote that you never seem to understand.

You won't get enough votes for that.

48 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If classes stay by enrollment then problems will still exist,  enrollment is not a good indicator of a teams competitive level

But the state should not be in the business of determining "competitive level" at all.

Making classes based on that would be the most unfair, participation trophy giving, mediocrity awarding farce ever.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

The ones that will likely hate this idea will be teams who have a favorable road to state and this system would move teams based on competitive levels for classes (kinda like how d1 and d2 works in a few states out there)

Not everybody is as self-interested as you.

I hate the idea because a team in Division 6, which would be terrible, would win a state championship but 70 teams in Division 1, the best teams in the state, wouldn't.

Lots of questions...

D1 with these teams?

What are the chances in this being approved?

How many divisions? I see 3 at least when you put the top teams in Florida in D1.  There would have to be more than 2 divisions. Teams like Cocoa Beach for example, would never survive in a D2 class with teams like MCC, Bolles, Glades Central, ect... 

We would see some stellar D1 games if they schedule regional teams against each other in regular season. Could make for some great rematches in the playoffs also.

Dc7YiVbXcAIesBH.jpg

image.png

30 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Lots of questions...

D1 with these teams?

What are the chances in this being approved?

How many divisions? I see 3 at least when you put the top teams in Florida in D1.  There would have to be more than 2 divisions. Teams like Cocoa Beach for example, would never survive in a D2 class with teams like MCC, Bolles, Glades Central, ect... 

We would see some stellar D1 games if they schedule regional teams against each other in regular season. Could make for some great rematches in the playoffs also.

Dc7YiVbXcAIesBH.jpg

image.png

That was basically what the d1 class would look like off last season alone, it would be a 2 year average for determining it

They suggested maxpreps rankings but i disagree with maxpreps which rankings are flawed which would probably be a deal breaker with most people, they likely will need a better method then maxpreps for determining classes if this were to have any chance to pass

It would be 6 "divisions" from what I'm hearing from the athletic directors and media that I've spoken to on it

It would apparently eliminate districts (another potential roadblock to this passing) 

My personal opinion is this will have to be altered to have any chance to pass

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

Gay. Unnecessary. Wasteful. Stupid.

6 classes-

No less than 6 teams in each district. Winner and runner up make playoffs.

Re-seed by SECTION after first round (to ensure the district winner gets a home game).

Problems solved. 

The main reason we have small districts is because several teams want to game the system and whine and complain until they get a easier road

District 1 of 7a was also supposed to include niceville and Navarre on the original alignment back in 2015

The 2 panhandle teams complained about having to travel to Tallahassee and worked there way into 6a and that left a 3 team District in Tallahassee 

The funny thing is that those 2 teams probably would have been best 2 teams in that district during past 3 years so they would have had a easier road to making playoffs had they sucked it up and just stayed there 

1 hour ago, Goldmember said:

Making classes based on that would be the most unfair, participation trophy giving, mediocrity awarding farce ever.

Don’t you think the SSD1 bracket/ format is better than the FL7A?

Your participation trophy analogy is baffling as that’s what FL’s format has been described as for years — everyone good team has a division to themselves 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

Don’t you think the SSD1 bracket/ format is better than the FL7A?

Your participation trophy analogy is baffling as that’s what FL’s format has been described as for years — everyone good team has a division to themselves 

He knows sta will never dominate if they have a class like this so he obviously fears that failure will finally come for him 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Pops said:

It's been described that way by people like you who have no clue what you're talking about.

If the best 70 teams were in one bracket, then there would be 5 participation trophies given in the other 5 divisions.

As it happens now, 5 of the 8 champions could potentially be the 5 best teams in the state.

Just now, Goldmember said:

No. I've always maintained that open brackets are dumb and they guarantee that the best teams aren't in the state championship/bowl games.

DLS has played a top 10 team in championship game every year since ‘07 — most of those years DLS was also top 10

most FL championships are something like a top 50 team playing a fringe top 1,000 team 

don’t know how you can use “better matchups” as part of your rationale 

42 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

He knows sta will never dominate if they have a class like this so he obviously fears that failure will finally come for him 

Again, not everybody is as self-interested and selfish as you are.

I evaluate ideas. Not whether they're good for me or not.

That bracket would be fun and interesting but you're stupid if you think the STA's would vote against it. The teams that would vote against it would be Madison County, Baker County, Plantation, Miramar, Clearwater Central Catholic, etc.

One day you'll realize how dumb and inexperienced you are.

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS has played a top 10 team in championship game every year since ‘07 — most of those years DLS was also top 10

What does this have to do with what I said?

You mentioned the SSD1 bracket and then you attempt to refute my statement by talking about DLS.

If 3 of the top 5 teams, let's say, are in SSD1 then you're guaranteeing that 2 of the top 5 teams in the state have no chance of playing in a state championship/bowl.

2 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

As it happens now, 5 of the 8 champions could potentially be the 5 best teams in the state.

Could even be 6

dont understand why you’re advicating to keep those teams isolated from one another in playoffs 

to teat yourself against the best is a more noble pursuit than to beat up the weak 

1 minute ago, Goldmember said:

What does this have to do with what I said?

You mentioned the SSD1 bracket and then you attempt to refute my statement by talking about DLS.

Because you spoke about bad matchups in championship games when literally no one comes remotely close to having as good of matchups as CA 

whatever else you wanna say about CA brackets, the matchups are vastly Superior to MNC team playing #1,000 Bolles in championship 

3 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

Again, not everybody is as self-interested and selfish as you are.

I evaluate ideas. Not whether they're good for me or not.

That bracket would be fun and interesting but you're stupid if you think the STA's would vote against it. The teams that would vote against it would be Madison County, Baker County, Plantation, Miramar, Clearwater Central Catholic, etc.

One day you'll realize how dumb and inexperienced you are.

Most truthful thing you have ever said

Those are 2 of the biggest crybabies in the entire state, Baker County act like a big shot when they beat minnows but second a shark tears them apart they whine like babies about it 

Madison County also beats up on teams and brag about beating teams in larger classes but second someone says they should be in a higher classification they cry enrollment or if someone calls them out on the fact that they cheat the numbers (they do and it's obvious to anyone who knows how they work the numbers)  they deny it 

I wonder who's ass Madison County kisses to stay in 1a

• Thanks 1