MD/DC

Canes1975

5 hours ago, Canes1975 said:

Who are the top 5 teams in the DC/MD area for the upcoming season?

1. St. John’s(WCAC)

2. DeMatha(WCAC)

3. St. Frances Academy(MIAA)

4.) Gonzaga(WCAC)

5.) Good Counsel(WCAC)

SFA lost their QB, so they drop from the top spot. They are loaded, but one dimensional.

DeMatha and St. John’s loaded up on the transfer market. They’ll both have athletes all over the place. SJC’s defense is going to be something else.

Gonzaga is pretty stacked too. The QB had offers from Alabama and Florida State before his freshman year ended. Key players include DE Wete(Oklahoma commit), ATH Ingram(Wisconsin commit), LB Stewart(Virginia commit) and TE Ball(Vanderbilt commit).

Good Counsel is probably on par with Gonzaga roster wise. They will play different than the other 4 teams. GC will grind teams down on the ground and win ugly. They do have a very good deep threat with the WR Hart who has 18-P5 offers with a crystal ball pointing to Notre Dame. He’ll keep teams honest enough. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

1. St. John’s(WCAC)

2. DeMatha(WCAC)

4.) Gonzaga(WCAC)

5.) Good Counsel(WCAC)

SFA lost their QB, so they drop from the top spot. They are loaded, but one dimensional.

DeMatha and St. John’s loaded up on the transfer market. They’ll both have athletes all over the place. SJC’s defense is going to be something else.

Gonzaga is pretty stacked too. The QB had offers from Alabama and Florida State before his freshman year ended. Key players include DE Wete(Oklahoma commit), ATH Ingram(Wisconsin commit), LB Stewart(Virginia commit) and TE Ball(Vanderbilt commit).

Good Counsel is probably on par with Gonzaga roster wise. They will play different than the other 4 teams. GC will grind teams down on the ground and win ugly. They do have a very good deep threat with the WR Hart who has 18-P5 offers with a crystal ball pointing to Notre Dame. He’ll keep teams honest enough. 

Didnt SFA also lose their big alabama commit DE?

13 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Didnt SFA also lose their big alabama commit DE?

Do you mean Enoma? He graduated. There have been rumors he may not qualify for Alabama,  but could be BS. He’s an athletic freak with a massive ceiling. I don’t think he will see the field down there for a year or two.

When I say SFA lost their QB, I mean the QB Jalon Jones(Florida commit) is transferring back home to Richmond VA. It’s a massive loss. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

St. John's 4* RB just committed to alabama 

That’s a great pick up for Alabama. Keilan Robinson is a beast. Saban is doing work in MD/DC with Mike Locksley on staff. DeMatha’s safety DeMarrco Hellams committed last week. You can see him at The Opening. The other DeMatha safety Nick Cross is between Alabama and Florida State. SFA’s ILB Shane Lee has been committed for some time now. 

• Like 1

Just now, NicholasMalibu said:

That’s a great pick up for Alabama. Keilan Robinson is a beast. Saban is doing work in MD/DC with Mike Locksley on staff. DeMatha’s safety DeMarrco Hellams committed last week. You can see him at The Opening. The other DeMatha safety Nick across is between Alabama and Florida State. SFA’s ILB Shane Lee has been committed for some time now. 

The rB and QB position at alabama are set for years to come. Alabama has tua tua brother and 3 other QBs either on roster or committed. RBs are 6 deep. Nick saban is restocking the shelves 

5 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Do you mean Enoma? He graduated. There have been rumors he may not qualify for Alabama,  but could be BS. He’s an athletic freak with a massive ceiling. I don’t think he will see the field down there for a year or two.

When I say SFA lost their QB, I mean the QB Jalon Jones(Florida commit) is transferring back home to Richmond VA. It’s a massive loss. 

Gotcha I took the loss of a player meaning between transferring out or graduating. Enoma will play this year. Remember now you can play 4 games and not lose your redshirt 

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Gotcha I took the loss of a player meaning between transferring out or graduating. Enoma will play this year. Remember now you can play 4 games and not lose your redshirt 

You may be right. Also, he just started playing football 2 years ago after he gave up on his hoop dreams. He’s about as athletic as they come, but he’s still 6’5 230lbs(maybe). He needs to gain weight and will. IMO, I’d sit him for the year. Bama doesn’t need him right now. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

DeMatha has a significant scrimmage two weeks from tonight with VA Titlist Westfield and Montgomery County’s Quince Orchard which, I believe is at Westfield near Chantilly, VA.

Does anyone know DeMatha’s scrimmages before then?  Last year they scrimmaged SFA-do they play this year?

2 hours ago, BigDrop said:

DeMatha has a significant scrimmage two weeks from tonight with VA Titlist Westfield and Montgomery County’s Quince Orchard which, I believe is at Westfield near Chantilly, VA.

Does anyone know DeMatha’s scrimmages before then?  Last year they scrimmaged SFA-do they play this year?

You mean, the bad asses who were SCARED to play Bishop Sullivan?xD

On 6/27/2018 at 7:07 PM, NicholasMalibu said:

1. St. John’s(WCAC)

2. DeMatha(WCAC)

4.) Gonzaga(WCAC)

5.) Good Counsel(WCAC)

I would agree with this analysis ... GC had several P5 DB's transfer in and a 2021 6-6 320 OT who has offers from Bama, Georgia, Auburn, Penn State, etc ...Like 20+....... Their entire OL is as good as it gets and their schedule is very tough.... that SFA scrimmage should be interesting ...Cam Hart  is committed to Notre Dame