Cato Institute says White House misleads on illegal immigrant crime

stanscript

trump lies again.  The right eats it up, as usual   😋

The source is none other than the Cato Institute, you know the one founded by Charles Koch of Koch Industries.

They call trump's statements misleading and error ridden, I call it flat out lying.

https://www.cato.org/blog/white-houses-misleading-error-ridden-narrative-immigrants-crime

• Like 1

Even illegals have rights granted by the courts of the U.S. Not all are coming to the U.S. illegally.  People can come to the U.S. and ask for asylum.  That is not illegal to do.

Try to address that trump is making these people out to be hordes of criminals, while statistics show that's not the case.  Stay on topic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stanscript said:

Even illegals have rights granted by the courts of the U.S. Not all are coming to the U.S. illegally.  People can come to the U.S. and ask for asylum.  That is not illegal to do.

Try to address that trump is making these people out to be hordes of criminals, while statistics show that's not the case.  Stay on topic.

bormio on topic?

Good luck with that and the rest of them, my man...

1 hour ago, stanscript said:

Where did they get a true statistic for illegal aliens to compare against real data. 

1 murder-rape-jaywalking from an illegal is 1 to many. We have enough crime  from people in our country legally to worry about. 

Every illegal in our country is a criminal.  Let that soak in. 

• Like 2

"Gentlemen" it is not a crime.  Get your heads out of your arses.

Quoting from politifact.org:   "Unlawful presence is neither a felony nor a misdemeanor, said Ilya Shapiro, a senior fellow in constitutional studies at the libertarian Cato Institute.  It is a civil infraction that results in removal and a bar on re-entry for a certain period of time."

Now, you legal beagles can go back to snoozing on the porch.

8 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

ILLEGAL......What the fuck don't you people get.....Forget Trump.....What the fuck don't you understand......How about me going into your house ILLEGALLY.....Let them stay in your house, feed them, teach, pay for their babies,healthcare, legal needs, .....No.....

People are coming the right way and still having kids separated from parents.  Coming in a legal way and asking for asylum and Trump of course lies to you and says they are criminals and you believe him every time.  Who is the appeaser here?   You are that's who.  Now tell me why You believe in a liar?  

1 hour ago, stanscript said:

"Gentlemen" it is not a crime.  Get your heads out of your arses.

Quoting from politifact.org:   "Unlawful presence is neither a felony nor a misdemeanor, said Ilya Shapiro, a senior fellow in constitutional studies at the libertarian Cato Institute.  It is a civil infraction that results in removal and a bar on re-entry for a certain period of time."

Now, you legal beagles can go back to snoozing on the porch.

I think there is a distinction and difference in how it is viewed between getting caught crossing at the border illegally ( and this is more serious ) and getting caught once you are within the U.S. 

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

People are coming the right way and still having kids separated from parents.  Coming in a legal way and asking for asylum and Trump of course lies to you and says they are criminals and you believe him every time.  Who is the appeaser here?   You are that's who.  Now tell me why You believe in a liar?  

What about the 5 times more kids being sent without their parents. Where’s the shitfest over those parents. That’s somehow different than them being separated by US govt. 

These kids are better off being seperated than being in the shithole they came from, even if temporary. 3 meals a day, bunk to sleep in, tv to watch and being educated. All on America’s dime. 

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

I think there is a distinction and difference in how it is viewed between getting caught crossing at the border illegally ( and this is more serious ) and getting caught once you are within the U.S. 

Of course their is...

People are working the system to get here, get benefits, etc illegally. You know it, I know it, we all know it but most of left wants to ignore it. 

Once again, all on America’s dime. 

17 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Most are not seeking asylum. They're lying and saying that just to get in. They're also lying much of the time about the kids that are with them being their biological children.  Not the case. This has been proven at the border time and time again. 

Come in legally like our forefathers did at Ellis Island, or don't come at all. It's really very simple. Trust the process. Pay a licensed, immigration lawyer to get you in the correct way, not a coyote the wrong way. 

Surely you have proof of their lying. Because only an idiot would make such a stupid ignorant claim. Can you post the link that's not from an alt right lying source? Gracias!

15 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

That's true...Eisenhower was the last one to throw them out with,"Operation Wetback"...Since then, all appeasers and pussies.".We should also go after those that hire the invaders...

Your honestly wasting time and energy on this subject. Latinos, both citizen and not are here to stay, so get use to it or leave the country. 

29 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

As of today Trumps approval rating within the Latino community is 47%. And growing. I'm cool w those that gamed the system and are already here. From this point on, the others will need to comply and follow the rules to gain entrance. It's the American way now. Finally. 

That is the deal the Democrats so far won’t do - DACA for real border security.  But they will - soon.