New Canaan 7 on 7

NYHSFAN33

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And SPP would beat Hayes 38-0 in a regular season game. Shows that 7v7 is far from an adequate measuring stick.  

Ya never know....Hayes always has a lot of good athletes.  They would score points on most teams out there.  Don't know what they have this year, but they haven't been a slouch recently.  Them and Stepinac have been the best teams in the CHSAA for the past couple of seasons at least.  

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

PGL is working extremely hard to solidify future NY/NJ matchups. 

Why??? Last time NJ team played NY bergen destroyed both iona prep and st. Anthony's. Bergen 3rd string was scoring TDs. If your gonna schedule anyone from NY itll have to be Aquinas Institute

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No reason to travel to Rochester. Stepinac, Erasmus Hall, Hayes, etc are just fine. They all start too late, which is hindering their OOS opptys vs the top NJ privates. 

Didnt DePaul play poly prep not too long ago? I think EH is a step up from poly prep but nowhere near national relevance 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Didnt DePaul play poly prep not too long ago? I think EH is a step up from poly prep but nowhere near national relevance 

Poly Prep football is barely there, they are a baseball school.  The football team won something like 1 or 2 games last season.  Erasmus Hall is much better not even close at this juncture.

3 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Poly Prep football is barely there, they are a baseball school.  The football team won something like 1 or 2 games last season.  Erasmus Hall is much better not even close at this juncture.

Is this the same Poly Prep that was travelling to PA, MD and VA in the early 2000's? They had a pretty good program at that time. If so, what happened to this school?

2 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Poly Prep was supposed to be decent I think when DePaul played them in 2015 - they had a few D1 players.  DePaul still won 21-0.

Poly Prep’s coach at that time, Dino Mangiero, moved to Mater Dei in NJ...small Catholic school with no football success prior to his arrival that now is a Group 2 powerhouse.  He’s had rumors about recruiting dogging him since he stepped foot there, and he was suspended for a few games last season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Why??? Last time NJ team played NY bergen destroyed both iona prep and st. Anthony's. Bergen 3rd string was scoring TDs. If your gonna schedule anyone from NY itll have to be Aquinas Institute

That Bergen vs. St. Anthony’s game was a bloodbath.  I’ll never forget watching Germano get the team downfield in 48 seconds on 3 beautiful passes to score a TD.  If he had 3-4 more inches he’d have been Nunzio’s best QB prospect ever. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

That Bergen vs. St. Anthony’s game was a bloodbath.  I’ll never forget watching Germano get the team downfield in 48 seconds on 3 beautiful passes to score a TD.  If he had 3-4 more inches he’d have been Nunzio’s best QB prospect ever. 

I agree completely. He had all the tools just not the height so to speak. He was very very good. Went on to have a good career at Hopkins. And yes I was at that st. Anthony's bloodbath 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Poly Prep was supposed to be decent I think when DePaul played them in 2015 - they had a few D1 players.  DePaul still won 21-0.

Poly Prep’s coach at that time, Dino Mangiero, moved to Mater Dei in NJ...small Catholic school with no football success prior to his arrival that now is a Group 2 powerhouse.  He’s had rumors about recruiting dogging him since he stepped foot there, and he was suspended for a few games last season.

Yea, Mangiero used to get a decent amount of players a while ago at Poly Prep.  Most of those Harlem Jet youth players end up in NJ now I believe.  The RB on Bergen Catholic is one of those kids.  Poly Prep is pretty much known as a baseball school now I think.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

George Pearson jr played there