As Part Of The Don't Mess With Texas (threads) Summer Posting Series....

HawgGoneIt

...and not brought to you in conjunction with PGL. 

Georgia Cross Classification debates have raged for years, with the smaller enrollment school fans pumping their chests out having their top lower classification teams squeak by top classification teams outside of the top ten in their own class. 

Like every season, we have a few cross classification games again this season, however, this season, we have one team, after years of catching grief from @ORabidOne as being a bush league team that couldn't get out of their own way without open enrollment and vast amounts of transfers, this team is really stepping up. If I was Rab, I'd take a page right out of Folsom's favorite fan's playbook and be taking credit for getting these games signed. He single handedly trolled the Buford fandom into getting their second year head coach, John Ford, to sign on the line with a couple of interesting cross class teams. 

As a part of the Corky Kell Classic on Friday August 17th at the neutral field location of Georgia State Stadium, the perennial AAAAA power  Buford Wolves will  lock up with the up and down but usually near the top of AAAAAA Tucker Tigers.

Buford is coming off a rare 2 loss season where they not only lost a close game to South Pointe South Carolina but they also lost to eventual AAAAA state champion Rome. in the playoffs after tearing up the competition in between.  

Tucker is also coming off of a 2 loss season where their only losses came at the hands of AAAAAAA Colquitt early in the season and not unlike Buford, they tore through the competition until the playoffs, eventually losing to AAAAAA runner up Coffee. 

Buford appears to be loaded this season, with their experienced 2nd year HC and a full year to operate within his system. Tucker loses a lot of defensive talent and won't likely be top 15 in the state. 

According to Cal Preps, this is Georgia #10 AAAAA #2 Buford vs. Georgia #25 AAAAAA #3 Tucker. Not a terrible cross classification match-up like we have been accustomed to seeing from the smaller class schools.

This is the biggie, considering all the grief that Buford has gotten through the years for not playing top tier higher classification teams. 

on 9/21 AAAAA  Buford Wolves vs. AAAAAAA Archer @ Archer

This is what we have been waiting for as Georgia HSFB fans. A top tier cross classification matchup with AAAAA #2 Buford playing at AAAAAAA #4 Archer

Definitely a much better cross class match up than in my recent memory. Props to Buford for letting Rab finally push them into playing a good cross class game. 

On 9/14 AAAAA Buford has a "normal for them" cross class game vs. AAAAAAAA Newton. This is the type of game that we have been accustomed to seeing the top lower class schools schedule then thump their chests about for years after. Barely worth mentioning except as a jab at their previous scheduling practices. :ph34r:xD

I'm sure there is more cross classification games going on worth mentioning, but that Buford/Archer game is probably the best match up and the best opportunity for the small class schools to thump their chest about later and not really have any argument against. It's definitely a chance to prove that an open enrollment smaller class school can load up and compete with a top classification team from the metro area. 

Continuing with some of these cross class match-ups as I browse and find interesting ones that allow for some immediate daisy chains etc. 

Georgia AAAAAA #3 Tucker plays AAAAAAA #2 Grayson the week after Tucker plays AAAAA #2 Buford

This gives us a quickly interconnecting set of games which could go further into either helping or hindering the smaller class schools arguments for elbow room at the big boys table. 

Certainly this is another intriguing cross class match-up if Tucker is who Cal Preps thinks they are as clearly Grayson is a top 3-4ish AAAAAAA team without a doubt. It all depends on the publication that you are viewing as to where Grayson stands in the state and 7A classification at this early juncture in time. 

Here is a less intriguing cross class match up as far as being cross classification goes, but, interesting due to historical reasons and story line of ex-assistant vs. former team and head coach.

On Friday August 31st, AA #4 Thomasville Bulldogs travel 30 or so miles to AAAAAAA #3 Colquitt County Packers 

This game outside of historical presence and the coaching story line, appears to be an extreme mismatch on paper. Depth should certainly come into play in this game as well as overall talent and senior leadership. On the other hand as some of us remember, a few years back Colquitt got stunned early by AA Cook Hornets, so, one would hope they don't take this game lightly. I also think that Thomasville beat Colquitt the last time they played. I think 9 or 10 years ago maybe. I can't remember for sure. At that time it would have been AA vs. AAAAAA just like when AA Cook defeated AAAAAA Colquitt. 

No one ever said that there isn't a chance that these smaller class schools can't sometimes compete with the upper class schools, but, week in and week out, year in and year out, they aren't doing it. These type of losses from a higher end top class school vs. a smaller class school are more an anomaly than the norm. They do happen though. In general the small class schools aren't on the same level nor are they really expected to be in my opinion. 

I do like seeing these types of match ups in spite of the fact that there is more of a downside for the larger class schools if they lose and not a huge upside as far as perception and rankings go. If the big school wins, it's eh, they were supposed to. If they lose, it's the old okeedokee that the little schools can compete and belong forever etc. 

5 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

So basically Buford is souped up and thinks they are ready to take over Georgia is what I got from this?

It seems like they are out to prove it this year. They're pretty stacked almost every year and then contend they belong over several of the AAAAAAA schools but the only proof is a stacked roster and win over some weak 7A school that can't stay on the field with the top programs themselves.

Something similar to the Rome debate last season. Stacked roster. No proof. 

This year, Buford has this...

PROSPECTS
Jalen Huff 6-0 165 Junior CB 5stars.jpg
T Lee 5-11 170 Junior WR 5stars.jpg
Elijah Turner 6-0 185 Junior WR 5stars.jpg
Harry Miller 6'4" 310 Senior OC 5stars.jpg
Derrian Brown 5'11" 185 Senior RB 4stars.jpg
Riley Simonds 6'3.5" 325 Senior OG 3halfstars.jpg
Reece McIntyre 6'5" 290 Senior OT 3halfstars.jpg
Jalar Holley 6'2" 280 Senior DT 3stars.jpg
Ahmad Craig 6'6" 240 Senior SDE 3stars.jpg
Carter Colquitt 6'5" 300 Senior OT 3stars.jpg
KJ Johnson 5'11" 175 Senior WR 3stars.jpg
Quentin Skinner 6'0" 235 Senior LS 2stars.jpg

Rome has this...

D1 PROSPECTS
Quantavious Leslie 6-4 285 Junior OT 5stars.jpg
Jamious Griffin 5'10" 205 Senior RB 3halfstars.jpg
Knox Kadum 6'1" 180 Senior QB 3stars.jpg

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It seems like they are out to prove it this year. They're pretty stacked almost every year and then contend they belong over several of the AAAAAAA schools but the only proof is a stacked roster and win over some weak 7A school that can't stay on the field with the top programs themselves.

Something similar to the Rome debate last season. Stacked roster. No proof. 

This year, Buford has this...

PROSPECTS
Jalen Huff 6-0 165 Junior CB 5stars.jpg
T Lee 5-11 170 Junior WR 5stars.jpg
Elijah Turner 6-0 185 Junior WR 5stars.jpg
Harry Miller 6'4" 310 Senior OC 5stars.jpg
Derrian Brown 5'11" 185 Senior RB 4stars.jpg
Riley Simonds 6'3.5" 325 Senior OG 3halfstars.jpg
Reece McIntyre 6'5" 290 Senior OT 3halfstars.jpg
Jalar Holley 6'2" 280 Senior DT 3stars.jpg
Ahmad Craig 6'6" 240 Senior SDE 3stars.jpg
Carter Colquitt 6'5" 300 Senior OT 3stars.jpg
KJ Johnson 5'11" 175 Senior WR 3stars.jpg
Quentin Skinner 6'0" 235 Senior LS 2stars.jpg

Rome has this...

D1 PROSPECTS
Quantavious Leslie 6-4 285 Junior OT 5stars.jpg
Jamious Griffin 5'10" 205 Senior RB 3halfstars.jpg
Knox Kadum 6'1" 180 Senior QB 3stars.jpg

As a general comparison to the top three 6A schools this season...

Lee

D1 PROSPECT
Tavian Mayo 5'11" 180 Senior CB 3stars.jpg

Northside Warner Robins

D1 PROSPECT
Cory Munson 6'3" 185 Senior K 2stars.jpg

Tucker

D1 PROSPECTS
Isaiah Dunson 6-2 175 Junior CB 5stars.jpg
Derrick McLendon 6'3" 225 Senior WDE 3halfstars.jpg

And here is the  top 3 7A schools...

Marietta

D1 PROSPECTS
Harrison Bailey 6-5 225 Junior QB 5stars.jpg
Arik Gilbert 6-5 245 Junior WR 5stars.jpg
Jermaine Burton 6-1 195 Junior WR 5stars.jpg
BJ Ojulari 6-4 215 Junior WDE 5stars.jpg
Dawson Ellington 5-11 185 Junior WR 5stars.jpg
Jake Wray 6-5 290 Junior OT 5stars.jpg
Taji Johnson 6-3 180 Junior WR 5stars.jpg
Rashad Torrence 6-0 195 Junior S 5stars.jpg
Ramel Keyton 6'3" 185 Senior WR 4halfstars.jpg

Grayson

D1 PROSPECTS
Ryan King 6-4 205 Junior WR 5stars.jpg
Wanya Morris 6'5.5" 295 Senior OT 5stars.jpg
Owen Pappoe 6'0.5" 205 Senior OLB 5stars.jpg
Kevin Harris 6'4" 215 Senior WDE 4halfstars.jpg
Kenyatta Watson II 6'2" 185 Senior CB 4halfstars.jpg
Trente Jones 6'6" 280 Senior OT 4stars.jpg
Tru Thompson 6'0" 335 Senior DT 3halfstars.jpg
Ronald Thompkins 5'11" 195 Senior WR 3halfstars.jpg
Allen Smith 6'3" 205 Senior OLB 3halfstars.jpg
Kenyon Jackson 6'5.5" 195 Senior WR 3halfstars.jpg
Jeremiah Smith 6'2" 190 Senior S 3stars.jpg
Jakai Clark 6'2" 305 Senior OC 3stars.jpg
Jalen Alexander 6'0" 165 Senior CB 3stars.jpg

Colquitt

TOP PLAYERS
Kamaar Bell 6'3" 310 Senior OL 3halfstars.jpg
Raashard Revels 5'11" 180 Senior LB
Brian Merritt 5'11" 290 Senior DL 3stars.jpg

ADDITIONAL D1 PROSPECTS
Daijun Edwards 5-11 185 Junior RB 5stars.jpg
Jay Ward 6'1" 175 Senior CB 3stars.jpg

So looking at this list of talent and who they belong to, Buford should easily be at least #3 in the state, if we are going by talent alone. No 6A school likely belongs in the state top 10. 

Buford's top cross class games are against 

Archer

D1 PROSPECTS
Andrew Booth 6'1" 185 Senior CB 5stars.jpg
Jalyn Phillips 6'1" 190 Senior S 3halfstars.jpg
Colby Wooden 6'4" 230 Senior SDE 3halfstars.jpg
Braylen Weems 5'11" 170 Senior WR 3halfstars.jpg
Demetrius Wigfall 5'8" 155 Senior WR 2stars.jpg
Emmanuel Michel 5'9" 185 Senior RB 2stars.jpg

Tucker

D1 PROSPECTS
Isaiah Dunson 6-2 175 Junior CB 5stars.jpg
Derrick McLendon 6'3" 225 Senior WDE 3halfstars.jpg

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

...and not brought to you in conjunction with PGL. 

Georgia Cross Classification debates have raged for years, with the smaller enrollment school fans pumping their chests out having their top lower classification teams squeak by top classification teams outside of the top ten in their own class. 

Like every season, we have a few cross classification games again this season, however, this season, we have one team, after years of catching grief from @ORabidOne as being a bush league team that couldn't get out of their own way without open enrollment and vast amounts of transfers, this team is really stepping up. If I was Rab, I'd take a page right out of Folsom's favorite fan's playbook and be taking credit for getting these games signed. He single handedly trolled the Buford fandom into getting their second year head coach, John Ford, to sign on the line with a couple of interesting cross class teams. 

As a part of the Corky Kell Classic on Friday August 17th at the neutral field location of Georgia State Stadium, the perennial AAAAA power  Buford Wolves will  lock up with the up and down but usually near the top of AAAAAA Tucker Tigers.

Buford is coming off a rare 2 loss season where they not only lost a close game to South Pointe South Carolina but they also lost to eventual AAAAA state champion Rome. in the playoffs after tearing up the competition in between.  

Tucker is also coming off of a 2 loss season where their only losses came at the hands of AAAAAAA Colquitt early in the season and not unlike Buford, they tore through the competition until the playoffs, eventually losing to AAAAAA runner up Coffee. 

Buford appears to be loaded this season, with their experienced 2nd year HC and a full year to operate within his system. Tucker loses a lot of defensive talent and won't likely be top 15 in the state. 

According to Cal Preps, this is Georgia #10 AAAAA #2 Buford vs. Georgia #25 AAAAAA #3 Tucker. Not a terrible cross classification match-up like we have been accustomed to seeing from the smaller class schools.

This is the biggie, considering all the grief that Buford has gotten through the years for not playing top tier higher classification teams. 

on 9/21 AAAAA  Buford Wolves vs. AAAAAAA Archer @ Archer

This is what we have been waiting for as Georgia HSFB fans. A top tier cross classification matchup with AAAAA #2 Buford playing at AAAAAAA #4 Archer

Definitely a much better cross class match up than in my recent memory. Props to Buford for letting Rab finally push them into playing a good cross class game. 

On 9/14 AAAAA Buford has a "normal for them" cross class game vs. AAAAAAAA Newton. This is the type of game that we have been accustomed to seeing the top lower class schools schedule then thump their chests about for years after. Barely worth mentioning except as a jab at their previous scheduling practices. :ph34r:xD

I'm sure there is more cross classification games going on worth mentioning, but that Buford/Archer game is probably the best match up and the best opportunity for the small class schools to thump their chest about later and not really have any argument against. It's definitely a chance to prove that an open enrollment smaller class school can load up and compete with a top classification team from the metro area. 

What a waste of thread space, really Hawgie?

Do you really think a wordy post is gonna fly?

I had hopes for friendship greatness, now I’ll hafta settle for....

I barely know you. 

Regards

All knowing Asshole 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

What a waste of thread space, really Hawgie?

Do you really think a wordy post is gonna fly?

I had hopes for friendship greatness, now I’ll hafta settle for....

I barely know you. 

Regards

All knowing Asshole 

The Texas guys specifically requested that I exit their discussion stage left and begin an educational post on Georgia cross classification match-ups as they are having a plethora of them in Texas this year.

Instead of adding unwanted stuff to their thread I took it upon myself to abide by their request.

Now...

Outside of agenda and angle...

What part of what I said is incorrect? 

The part about Rab trolling Buford into finally scheduling a top 7A team is the only serious embellishment. 

I still wouldn't blame him if he pulled a Block and said he got the game to happen. 

xD

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The Texas guys sprcifically requested that I exit their discussion stage left and begin an educational post on Georgia cross classification match-ups as they are having a plethora of them in Texas this year.

Instead of adding unwanted stuff to their thread I took it upon myself to abide by their request.

Now...

The part about Rab trolling Buford into finally scheduling a top 7A team is the only serious embellishment. 

I still wouldn't blame him if he pulled a Block and said he got the game to happen. 

xD

How dare you put your cousin in the same sentence as my Kid's beloved awesomeness school.

Wake up, Hawgie!

giphy.gif

BGW

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The Texas guys sprcifically requested that I exit their discussion stage left and begin an educational post on Georgia cross classification match-ups as they are having a plethora of them in Texas this year.

Now...

xD

You were asked to exit the stage? What in the actual hell is going on with my beloved Texas?

Gun play is Life!

giphy.gif

BGW

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

We struggle to fill out our uni's, have you not understood the Machiavellian machinations of HawgNation?

giphy.gif

I did give props. I think Buford has stepped it up nicely in schedule this season. 

Again, I'm no hater. I just always wanted them to prove it. They've had a few fans through the years, that, helped create the angst. Now, I'm sure that Rab probably fired the first shot, but idk. 

I'm glad that they are playing Archer this season. At this early stage it looks like a good match up and big opportunity to prove talent can prevail.

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I did give props. I think Buford has stepped it up nicely in schedule this season. 

Again, I'm no hater. I just always wanted them to prove it. They've had a few fans through the years, that, helped create the angst. Now, I'm sure that Rab probably fired the first shot, but idk. 

I'm glad that they are playing Archer this season. At this early stage it looks like a good match up and big opportunity to prove talent can prevail.

Can you puleeeezzz keep it down in here?

giphy.gif

Can we play? The suspense is killing me!

Regards,

BGW

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yup and it's what we need, to play stout competition, grow the program  competitively. I was happy to see that.

Archer has a stiff defense.

BGW

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The Texas guys specifically requested that I exit their discussion stage left and begin an educational post on Georgia cross classification match-ups as they are having a plethora of them in Texas this year.

Now...

xD

Wait...'we' did what???

Did I miss something in that thread?  All I noticed was DD said he doesn't know much about Georgia football.

Come to think of it... outside of Buford (obvious reasons), me (when I can) and maybe Horsefly (not sure) on some occassions...Do any of the Texas-affiliation follow Georgia football as much...much less know?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Wait...'we' did what???

Did I miss something in that thread?  All I noticed was DD said he doesn't know much about Georgia football.

Come to think of it... outside of Buford (obvious reasons), me (when I can) and maybe Horsefly (not sure) on some occassions...Do any of the Texas-affiliation follow Georgia football as much...much less know?

I don't think so. 

Hence, I started this thread. Education my fine fellow. Education. 

DD said he started that thread to discuss with the guys that have been discussing in the past about these cross class match ups and I took it as that he couldn't quite figure how Georgia even got brought up, and nicely suggested that someone go off and start a Georgia thread so that he might become educated... I took it that he didn't want to be educated in that thread so therefore it was an invitation to leave and educate elsewhere. Being that I respect DD and the other guys in that thread, I left and started this thread. 

So, me being the snarky type that I am, loaded snark into my empty finger cannon and fired snark and it made snark sounds. In between there was some level of inter-class education from my snarky opinionated mind including actual talent lists and match-ups. 

xD

I'm just screwing around dude. It's the summer and Hoover 7 on 7 is a day or two away still. 

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't think so. 

Hence, I started this thread. Education my fine fellow. Education. 

DD said he started that thread to discuss with the guys that have been discussing in the past about these cross class match ups and I took it as that he couldn't quite figure how Georgia even got brought up, and nicely suggested that someone go off and start a Georgia thread so that he might become educated... I took it that he didn't want to be educated in that thread so therefore it was an invitation to leave and educate elsewhere. Being that I respect DD and the other guys in that thread, I left and started this thread. 

So, me being the snarky type that I am, loaded snark into my empty finger cannon and fired snark and it made snark sounds. In between there was some level of inter-class education from my snarky opinionated mind including actual talent lists and match-ups. 

xD

I'm just screwing around dude. It's the summer and Hoover 7 on 7 is a day or two away still. 

I figured Rab's foolishness about Texas supposedly not having a good feeder system set him off lol.