Scrimmages

prep82

2 minutes ago, prep82 said:

What are some scrimmages in NJ with times that are known. Also when are inter squad games.

This was from another thread 

PrepGridiron.com

BNU Scrimmages

By Hardcore Troubador, April 25 in Varsity Forum 

•  
  •  
  •  

Anyone have any updates on BNU scrimmages this summer?

I think some of the scrimmages are already public, though these often are cancelled or are moved around at the last minute.

- SJR: Union City, St. Joe’s (PA), Mastery Charter North (PA)

- DBP: Millville, West Toronto Prep (Canada), Bethlehem Catholic (PA)

- PC: St. John Vianney

- SPP: Irvington

Do the other schools have anything in the works?

Thanks
  •  
  •  
  •  

8/18 - DePaul @ Union City.

8/24 - Malvern Prep (PA) @ DePaul

Thanks
  •  
  •  
  •  

Irvington SPP should be fun to watch

one of the best public’s this year

Thanks
  •  
  •  
  •  
  On 7/26/2018 at 3:01 PM,LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Yep.  Interested to see how they do against Bergen.  Coach Smoke is working hard to keep the talent at home.

Millville vs. DBP should be good, too.  They always have a good team and are stepping up to play SPP to open their season.

Thanks

HDOG     8

HDOG
  •  
  •  
  •  

Are all the BNU intra squad scrimmages in two weeks

Thanks
 Reply to this topic...

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • RECENTLY BROWSING   1 MEMBER

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

This was from another thread 

PrepGridiron.com

BNU Scrimmages

By Hardcore Troubador, April 25 in Varsity Forum 

•  
  •  
  •  

Anyone have any updates on BNU scrimmages this summer?

I think some of the scrimmages are already public, though these often are cancelled or are moved around at the last minute.

- SJR: Union City, St. Joe’s (PA), Mastery Charter North (PA)

- DBP: Millville, West Toronto Prep (Canada), Bethlehem Catholic (PA)

- PC: St. John Vianney

- SPP: Irvington

Do the other schools have anything in the works?

Thanks
  •  
  •  
  •  

8/18 - DePaul @ Union City.

8/24 - Malvern Prep (PA) @ DePaul

Thanks
  •  
  •  
  •  

Thanks
  •  
  •  
  •  
  On 7/26/2018 at 3:01 PM,LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Yep.  Interested to see how they do against Bergen.  Coach Smoke is working hard to keep the talent at home.

Millville vs. DBP should be good, too.  They always have a good team and are stepping up to play SPP to open their season.

Thanks

HDOG     8

HDOG
  •  
  •  
  •  

Are all the BNU intra squad scrimmages in two weeks

Thanks
 Reply to this topic...

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • RECENTLY BROWSING   1 MEMBER

Was hoping for times Kevin but thank you.

On 8/4/2018 at 7:21 PM, Drummer61 said:

Times have changed for Bosco in quality of scrimmages and schedule....They should book a home and away with New Rochelle,HS.... and or Iona Prep...Looks like I will not see them again in Fla...👎👎 If they don't roll in scrimmages in may be indicative of a very difficult year.. Hopefully, Iam wrong...

I know nothing about New Canaan (though CT football in general isn't great and I think like 4-5 years ago Bosco manhandled Greenwich HS in a scrimmage), but in terms of a NJ public Millville is about as good as it gets.  Bosco will get a bit of a challenge and get to work out a few kinks prior to the season opener.  Seems like a win-win.  I don't know much about Bethlehem Catholic either, but recall them giving Bosco a good scrimmage last year.

I never get why people are so amped up about a big-time scrimmage schedule.  I used to cringe when Bergen would do the annual scrimmage vs. SJR every summer - first off you'll be seeing them again in the season so why tip your hand in any way, and second why risk injuries against a powerhouse before the real football even starts?

9 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I know nothing about New Canaan (though CT football in general isn't great and I think like 4-5 years ago Bosco manhandled Greenwich HS in a scrimmage), but in terms of a NJ public Millville is about as good as it gets.  Bosco will get a bit of a challenge and get to work out a few kinks prior to the season opener.  Seems like a win-win.  I don't know much about Bethlehem Catholic either, but recall them giving Bosco a good scrimmage last year.

I never get why people are so amped up about a big-time scrimmage schedule.  I used to cringe when Bergen would do the annual scrimmage vs. SJR every summer - first off you'll be seeing them again in the season so why tip your hand in any way, and second why risk injuries against a powerhouse before the real football even starts?

Greenwich was supposed to be a Tri state top 20 team and top 3 in state

i don’t think we’re inv back up there anymore 🤣 

E2D71F5F-9918-4A74-9FA1-12F957ED44CA.png

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

That's valid...I just don't like the fact that Bosco downgraded..But, education  first..

Hahaha.  I mean ultimately that's the business they're in...but man when they broke from the past they broke from the past.  It was a Stalin-style purge.  Surprised they didn't airbrush Toal out of pictures and remove his name from any plaques, etc.

4 hours ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Hahaha.  I mean ultimately that's the business they're in...but man when they broke from the past they broke from the past.  It was a Stalin-style purge.  Surprised they didn't airbrush Toal out of pictures and remove his name from any plaques, etc.

Bad business decision. Bosco was raking in money when they were at the top of food chain. Every recruit wanted to go to bosco. I'm sure they were doing well. To get away from that made no sense to me. Now bergen picked up the slack where bosco left off. 

14 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Bad business decision. Bosco was raking in money when they were at the top of food chain. Every recruit wanted to go to bosco. I'm sure they were doing well. To get away from that made no sense to me. Now bergen picked up the slack where bosco left off. 

You do realize that it is considered an academic institution and sports are part of it (I said sports not just football). You see a bunch of parochial schools shutting down, but DBP just built a $10mil+ building. So I don't think they are in need of money.

BTW, the GOAT left the program in great shape (NOT), the last few football classes were weak. According to Drummer, Toal had a linear career...it was just as good as it was when he took over....the ageless wonder

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Zipcep said:

You do realize that it is considered an academic institution and sports are part of it (I said sports not just football). You see a bunch of parochial schools shutting down, but DBP just built a $10mil+ building. So I don't think they are in need of money.

BTW, the GOAT left the program in great shape (NOT), the last few football classes were weak. According to Drummer, Toal had a linear career...it was just as good as it was when he took over....the ageless wonder

Those parochial schools that are shutting down were generally in poorer areas and I wonder if they ever even made any investment in their future in the first place.  I was at an alumni meeting a few months ago and the dude running it was telling us how a friend of his at Morris Catholic was only NOW asking for advice on setting up class councils, alumni committees, etc. to raise money.  NOW!  WTF?!?!  NJ is way too expensive, and if you're not working 24/7 to raise money you'll go the way of Queen of Peace or St. Anthony's...

Bosco's new building is super nice.  I'd also love to get a peek at SPP's new athletic center, the pics looked great.  Very impressed with the ability of these schools to raise money.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Those parochial schools that are shutting down were generally in poorer areas and I wonder if they ever even made any investment in their future in the first place.  I was at an alumni meeting a few months ago and the dude running it was telling us how a friend of his at Morris Catholic was only NOW asking for advice on setting up class councils, alumni committees, etc. to raise money.  NOW!  WTF?!?!  NJ is way too expensive, and if you're not working 24/7 to raise money you'll go the way of Queen of Peace or St. Anthony's...

Bosco's new building is super nice.  I'd also love to get a peek at SPP's new athletic center, the pics looked great.  Very impressed with the ability of these schools to raise money.

Strong alumni support from both Bosco and SPP. Hudson Catholic saw itself in trouble a few years ago and, through alumni effort, is now doing well. Both their football and basketball have done very well. It also helped that they decided to go co-ed. The all-boys model was no longer working in Jersey City with SPP in the same town.

• Like 1

St. Anthony's was a crying shame. Unbelievable college attendance records, I'm just confused out of all the basketball players they produced, not one with their tens of millions could set up a trust to keep it going. Don't get me going on the arch diocese, they seem to be in the real estate business 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zipcep said:

Yep I know but money in a parochial is needed you know that. Bosco for now yes seems to have a healthy cash flow and well hope it continues. I do have family that attends the school and plays a sport. Yes the last few classes were weak but is that because of toal or because they want a more academic standard than athletic. 

Sports brings in money esp basketball and football. Those are the money makers. If you look at Bergen now they are bringing in kids they weren't bring in 10 years ago