Hawg B-words

DLW

14 hours ago, Fred said:

Respectfully, that is a masterpiece of justification.  If he had lived in Colquitt Co I'd buy it but he never lived in the county.  Recruited?  Probably not.  An interesting arrangement though to be sure especially for a fan base so quick to call other teams out.

Again, I personally don't really care.  I just find it disingenuous for some Packers fans to be so adamantly against transfers and move ins when arguably one of the more powerful reasons they won back to back championships never lived in Colquitt Co.   Let a kid that lives in the school district next to Grayson move to Grayson and all hell breaks loose.  Let a group of kids that has played together since 5th or 6th grade or earlier and come up through the Grayson feeder schools and have been at Grayson High School the entire time turn out to be really good and there is wild speculation how they've been recruited and rules have been broken since there is no way they could have developed from within the program.  Speaking of programs, develop a strong program by developing the feeder system and again be accused of manipulating the process because there is no way any team not in south Georgia could do something like that.  Let a kid live with a Grayson coach and Lord knows we never hear the end of it.  Let multiple kids live with Propst and all you hear is how much good he does for the kids.

I know there are other people that have no personal knowledge of the Grayson program that also like to pile on.  I generally make it a point not to criticize another team/program because I recognize I don't know what goes on.  I hear and read things but I don't really know.

Cue righteous indignation in 3, 2, 1, ....

Fred....I would like to be righteously indignant....

COLQUITT COUNTY IS COMING !!!!!!!

Rufus>>

14 hours ago, Fred said:

Respectfully, that is a masterpiece of justification.  If he had lived in Colquitt Co I'd buy it but he never lived in the county.  Recruited?  Probably not.  An interesting arrangement though to be sure especially for a fan base so quick to call other teams out.

Again, I personally don't really care.  I just find it disingenuous for some Packers fans to be so adamantly against transfers and move ins when arguably one of the more powerful reasons they won back to back championships never lived in Colquitt Co.   Let a kid that lives in the school district next to Grayson move to Grayson and all hell breaks loose.  Let a group of kids that has played together since 5th or 6th grade or earlier and come up through the Grayson feeder schools and have been at Grayson High School the entire time turn out to be really good and there is wild speculation how they've been recruited and rules have been broken since there is no way they could have developed from within the program.  Speaking of programs, develop a strong program by developing the feeder system and again be accused of manipulating the process because there is no way any team not in south Georgia could do something like that.  Let a kid live with a Grayson coach and Lord knows we never hear the end of it.  Let multiple kids live with Propst and all you hear is how much good he does for the kids.

I know there are other people that have no personal knowledge of the Grayson program that also like to pile on.  I generally make it a point not to criticize another team/program because I recognize I don't know what goes on.  I hear and read things but I don't really know.

Cue righteous indignation in 3, 2, 1, ....

And thanks.....

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Fred....I would like to be righteously indignant....

COLQUITT COUNTY IS COMING !!!!!!!

Rufus>>

And you are allowed.  😄

I hope we will be ready when you get here. Margaritas before the game?  I can take the afternoon off.  There is a little place in Snellville that I think makes a pretty mean margarita.  I'll buy.

1 minute ago, Fred said:

And you are allowed.  😄

I hope we will be ready when you get here. Margaritas before the game?  I can take the afternoon off.  There is a little place in Snellville that I think makes a pretty mean margarita.  I'll buy.

As I mentioned to you in an EZ mail....we're probably gonna stay up in Lawrenceville.  How does that affect our margarita plans?  Can I get to Snellville from there? (keep in mind I ain't really fond of Brookwood)

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Wait, kids living with probst?  Is that true?  I'm guessing if true, that they are football players and not just a student that needs some help.  Hmmm... very interesting.

To the best of my knowledge and it is admittedly second hand but from multiple sources including some of the Colquitt posters, yes they are football players.  Again, let me say that I don't have a problem with the act of them living with him.  From what I hear and read, that is a very positive action taken to keep them from going hungry or homeless or just out of a bad situation.  I just get a little frustrated because we got pilloried big time by some of the same people that are proud of their coach's actions.

Just now, Fred said:

To the best of my knowledge and it is admittedly second hand but from multiple sources including some of the Colquitt posters, yes they are football players.  Again, let me say that I don't have a problem with the act of them living with him.  From what I hear and read, that is a very positive action taken to keep them from going hungry or homeless or just out of a bad situation.  I just get a little frustrated because we got pilloried big time by some of the same people that are proud of their coach's actions.

Well Yeah....

We're Colquitt...and you're grayson.

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

As I mentioned to you in an EZ mail....we're probably gonna stay up in Lawrenceville.  How does that affect our margarita plans?  Can I get to Snellville from there? (keep in mind I ain't really fond of Brookwood)

Rufus>>

Yes you can get there from Lawrenceville.  It is on the Grayson attendance side of 124 so you won't be in Brookwood territory.  😉 Depending on the time and way we go, it is 15 minutes or so away from the Grayson stadium.  By the way, check the ez mail message.  I had a couple of comments/questions before I can give a solid answer.

51 minutes ago, Fred said:

@AztecPadre this changes everything 

@ORabidOne  Rush might go down as the Best Recruiter in High football history 

00F37FD0-DC54-4630-A296-9229B3F8F72B.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Fred said:

Agreed. Peops who live in glass houses and all.