Illinois Thread

abbatt

Coletrain06,

What`s interesting is that Simeon went 7-6 in 2016 and finished 8-5 last year. They have a 4 star QB..Delante Brown a Michigan St.commit and several other mid-major recruits. Outside of that they weren`t picked to be a major player this year. Was T-M caught looking ahead to Pickerington Central.? Even that is inexcusable in itself...but What happens if T-M plays PC really tough or somehow even beats them again.  i wonder how Simeon would do against PC or how Phillips would fare against T-M. Well Phillips and Simeon will settle it on the field Sat. night at Gately Stadium on the far South side of Chicago. It will be rockin!!! I`m sure the same will be happening with PC and T-M.

I really wish that Loyola and LWE would play the top Ohio teams....right now I would say Mentor and Colerain or St.X

• Like 1

I think PC thumps T-M. Simeon/Phillips will be close as always. They'll both walk through the rest of their CPL schedule until the playoffs where Simeon will be out in the 7A playoffs in rd1 or rd2, and Phillips will compete for the 6A 'ship.

I got Loyola over MC, NC over NN, ESL over Eddie

Bones,

i don`t think LA/MC will be close.......If MC could only score 13 points at Gately against a fast but smallish Maine South Def...they won`t do much against LA`s much larger and more athletic front.LA`s LB`s are also way bigger and stronger than MS. I see a 41-7 game......MC will never win at LA. ESL will overpower Edville`s under-sized Def as well. ED`s will score, just not enough...46-27 ...ESL. Can you imagine if NC loses this week and Louisville Trinity loses as well you will have an 0-3 NC playing an 0-4 LT. next week. Who`d have thunk it !!!

6 minutes ago, abbatt said:

Bones,

Bolingbrook !!!!! They look pretty damm good. I do believe they are for real.

I wouldn't look too much into that score. Sandburg is awful. Not sure how they got 2 wins even considering their schedule. The final could have been a lot worse, we left 2 TD's on the field in the 1st half and the backups basically played the 2nd half, and they left a TD on the field. Worst part about it is Sandburg looks good. They're big on the lines, LB's look like D1 LB's, skills are tall and athletic looking.

Pretty big separation between the big 3 and the other teams in the conference.LWE,H-F and Bolingbrook all won by big shutouts last night.Lyons and Curie are pretty much garbage this year so I think that it was a false read on Sandburg`s 2-0 start. Interesting up and coming team in the public league is Kenwood. I would put them with Morgan Park and Raby.

7 minutes ago, abbatt said:

Pretty big separation between the big 3 and the other teams in the conference.LWE,H-F and Bolingbrook all won by big shutouts last night.Lyons and Curie are pretty much garbage this year so I think that it was a false read on Sandburg`s 2-0 start. Interesting up and coming team in the public league is Kenwood. I would put them with Morgan Park and Raby.

I think Lincoln Ways Central and West would be closer to the Big 3.

Tier 1: LWE, H-F, 'Brook

Tier 2: LWC, LWW

Tier 3: Sandburg, Andrew, Stagg, Thornton, Bradley

Tier 4: T-Ridge, T-Wood, Lockport

I lobbied and argued with all the pollsters last year that LT was garbage after they had a tight game with Sandburg and GBW after getting slaughtered by MS. They continued to keep them top 10 until they lost in the playoffs. The entire West Suburban Silver is down the past two years, I wouldnt rank any of them Glenbard West, Hinsdale C, OPRF. Only team I would rank from either West Suburban division would be Willowbrook somewhere in the 20's. Sadly I also wouldnt rank any DVC schools, perhaps WV.

Bones,

It`s really something how Thornton and Lockport have fallen. Yes, I remember you saying that about Lyons more than a few times. I see a continual resurgence from some public league programs. The city is investing a lot of money for Prosser and several other schools. There are a lot of athletes walking the halls of city schools.

Let me tell you about Thornton, Sam Jackson, our backup QB last year that's now a soph and backup QB/WR at NC should be at Thornton. Marists QB Dontrell Jackson, son of Thornton HC Dontrell Jackson, should be at Thornton. I also think they're related to Sam. Tells me that Thornton is not getting the talent from their area. I ran into coach Jackson at a game a couple years ago and asked him how many of his kids are at HF he just dad "Man." Thornton was once the biggest talent producer in the state ie Randall El, Tai Streets, Napoleon Harris etc

The CPL always had 2-3 pretty good teams. Hubbard used to have some really nice teams. I saw one game at Soldier Field against Rita when Rita was tough as they come. Rita won but it didn't look like it. Hubbard beat them up pretty good. Rita fans where whining about the physicality 😂

5 hours ago, Bones said:

I think Lincoln Ways Central and West would be closer to the Big 3.

Tier 1: LWE, H-F, 'Brook

Tier 2: LWC, LWW

Tier 3: Sandburg, Andrew, Stagg, Thornton, Bradley

Tier 4: T-Ridge, T-Wood, Lockport

I lobbied and argued with all the pollsters last year that LT was garbage after they had a tight game with Sandburg and GBW after getting slaughtered by MS. They continued to keep them top 10 until they lost in the playoffs. The entire West Suburban Silver is down the past two years, I wouldnt rank any of them Glenbard West, Hinsdale C, OPRF. Only team I would rank from either West Suburban division would be Willowbrook somewhere in the 20's. Sadly I also wouldnt rank any DVC schools, perhaps WV.

OMG! Did Sammy rub off on you??? LOL.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bones said:

Let me tell you about Thornton, Sam Jackson, our backup QB last year that's now a soph and backup QB/WR at NC should be at Thornton. Marists QB Dontrell Jackson, son of Thornton HC Dontrell Jackson, should be at Thornton. I also think they're related to Sam. Tells me that Thornton is not getting the talent from their area. I ran into coach Jackson at a game a couple years ago and asked him how many of his kids are at HF he just dad "Man." Thornton was once the biggest talent producer in the state ie Randall El, Tai Streets, Napoleon Harris etc

The CPL always had 2-3 pretty good teams. Hubbard used to have some really nice teams. I saw one game at Soldier Field against Rita when Rita was tough as they come. Rita won but it didn't look like it. Hubbard beat them up pretty good. Rita fans where whining about the physicality 😂

Is there a stream for Simeon  Phillips?