The Truth about Trinity Christian

DevilDog

A chapter from the MaxPreps Learning from Legends series, "The Truth About Trinity" covers the Dallas-area private school's season-long quest for a Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) state title following a disappointing 4-6 season.

To help with the 2017 transformation, Sanders brought in a handful of former NFL players, including head coach Aveion Cason (Rams, Chiefs, Lions and Cowboys) and defensive coordinator Kevin Mathis (Cowboys, Saints and Falcons). All vowed the commitment to improve goes well beyond the playing field.

"I tell them, 'I'm not trying to prepare you for this game. I'm trying to prepare you for this game of life,' " Sanders said.

In Episode 1, there's plenty of real-life drama on display.

There's nationally-ranked running back Maurice Washington, a game-breaking California transfer nicknamed "Cali," who's just trying to fit in. "I feel like I'm a natural born leader," he says. "I miss California. My whole family is back there. But I can tolerate Texas."

On the opposite end is four-year starting wide receiver and established leader CaMiron Smith, another top Division I prospect, who makes an impassioned speech before the season opener.

"This is the last time for a lot of us to have a first game," Smith said. "It's hard and emotional, but I want us to take advantage of the moment."
It's a big moment for the team's starting freshman quarterback, Shedeur Sanders. Not just because he's making his first varsity start, but also because he's Deion's son. Bring a ninth-grader added to the father-son, coach-player dynamic adds loads of intrigue.

"It's kind of difficult," Shedeur said. "At the same time, it gives me an excuse to do what I have to do. I just have to grow up and we go on with the season."

Deion doesn't mince words on the topic.

"He's not starting because he's my son," he says. "He's starting because he can handle the heat."

There's plenty of heat, passion and human drama throughout the initial episode and only grows and throughout the season. As Deion says himself, it only gets "bettah."

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Just sucks they are playing the worst team in Tallahassee. Deion is bringing his team to Tally to do something with FSU. Maybe a recruiting pitch to all the studs. 

Corey Fuller came to FSU after Deion was there and they were good friends. Fuller coaches Godby now which is a decent team and might years better than FAMU High. 

Deion turned down playing his buddy for some odd reason. Not sure why. 

Then they could have played Florida State University High Seminoles. Not as good as Godby but ok and way better than FAMU. They are lead by Willie Taggart Jr at QB. Seems like a natural fit. 

They decided to play a 2A team ranked in the 9,000's nationally. 

Deion is an asshole with fans. He made people mad at the UA game when he overplayed his RB from his high school, giving him the ball every down. And he is wife beater. Now scheduling some unmanned garbage team to beat by 50 shows he likes being a bully. His ex wife can attest to that. 

I wouldn't trust one damn word that comes out of that hypocrites mouth 

https://www.change.org/p/michelle-obama-man-up-against-domestic-violence-and-child-abuse-hold-deion-sanders-accountable

14 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Deion is an asshole with fans. He made people mad at the UA game when he overplayed his RB from his high school, giving him the ball every down. And he is wife beater. Now scheduling some unmanned garbage team to beat by 50 shows he likes being a bully. His ex wife can attest to that. 

I wouldn't trust one damn word that comes out of that hypocrites mouth 

After your rant over a team that TX 3A power Brock destroyed.  I hope they hang 70 on whoever you are pissed over.  TC is nothing special here ask Brock.  Not even in the largest class in TAPPS.  4A  Melissa is going to kill them

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 11:14 PM, DevilDog said:

After your rant over a team that TX 3A power Brock destroyed.  I hope they hang 70 on whoever you are pissed over.  TC is nothing special here ask Brock.  Not even in the largest class in TAPPS.  4A  Melissa is going to kill them

You don't have to hope. They will. Last year is much different. They have stockpiled talent to the point I'm hoping the Texas public head coach association out there puts out a memo to stop scheduling these IMG wannabe teams 

• Haha 1

I'm sorry, @DevilDog, anything with Deion and education is bound to be a disaster, how could could you forget the drama with the last school? Or is this the same school but revived?

Deion is charismatic and a helluva ballplayer, but mixing education ain't happening... not even close. What, is Deion recruiting surefire future draftees? And just minimum education rigor on a base level?

Wrong on so many fronts, and don't prop up the videos as a testament to anything positive.

Regards,

BGW

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I'm sorry, @DevilDog, anything with Deion and education is bound to be a disaster, how could could you forget the drama with the last school? Or is this the same school but revived?

Deion is charismatic and a helluva ballplayer, but mixing education ain't happening... not even close. What, is Deion recruiting surefire future draftees? And just minimum education rigor on a base level?

Wrong on so many fronts, and don't prop up the videos as a testament to anything positive.

Regards,

BGW

I'm not propping them up.  I made no comments either way about TC Cedar Hill.  They are getting a lot of attention as you can see and are ranked among the best Privates in Texas.  I hope 4A Melissa beat the he'll out of them.  They better recruit up to stop RB Jabray Young and QB Brendon Lewis those 2 might be the best backfield in DFW regardless of class.  

TC have more NFL coaches/mentors than any major college.  Why wouldn't I want them to get smoked except when they play that FL team that got Bull all hot and bothered.  

Go read my response to Nolebull and see if I'm propping them up.  I quote they are nothing special here and then I referenced Melissa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

I'm not propping them up.  I made no comments either way about TC Cedar Hill.  They are getting a lot of attention as you can see and are ranked among the best Privates in Texas.  I hope 4A Melissa beat the he'll out of them.  They better recruit up to stop RB Jabray Young and QB Brendon Lewis those 2 might be the best backfield in DFW regardless of class.  

TC have more NFL coaches/mentors than any major college.  Why wouldn't I want them to get smoked except when they play that FL team that got Bull all hot and bothered.  

Go read my response to Nolebull and see if I'm propping them up.  I quote they are nothing special here and then I referenced Melissa. 

NoleBull is a bigoted asshat, zero credibility with that clown 🤡 

Regards

BGW

38 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

NoleBull is a bigoted asshat, zero credibility with that clown 🤡 

Regards

BGW

He just likes to incite.  When it comes to 🏈 we agree mostly.  Now socially he can be a bit unhinged.  But it's all good.  I only know 2 people on here personally and both are good to go @Horsefly and @Texasball.  We each know and love Texas HS 🏈.  You can't find 2 better dudes to watch it with here.  

47 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I hurt your gay feelings 😂 Hilarious. What happened? Your daddy disown you when you broke the news to him? Still can't bring your partner to Thanksgiving dinner? 

Pussy 

This Gay Pussy or whatever you wanna call me will humble your sorry ass. 

Go back to sewing your Klan outfits, bitch. 

Regards

BGW

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

He just likes to incite.  When it comes to 🏈 we agree mostly.  Now socially he can be a bit unhinged.  But it's all good.  I only know 2 people on here personally and both are good to go @Horsefly and @Texasball.  We each know and love Texas HS 🏈.  You can't find 2 better dudes to watch it with here.  

Copy, it’s time for some football. 

Regards,

BGW

p.s. And Texas brisket. 😎

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The only thing I like to incite is my wife on Saturdays 😂  College football from noon-2am. Lol 

• Haha 1