Marietta players eligible... for now

ATLien12x

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Hahaha. 

I can hardly believe that information was found directly from the Marietta school district website. 

No wonder the GHSA is standing their ground. 

Jeeze louise! 

And these people are filing injunction after injunction and threatening further action to boot. 

What a joke.

That's why I provided the URLs.  It was really easy to find.  Okay, it took a few more than 3 minutes like Cc said but not much more.  Certainly less than 10 minutes and that's only because I get distracted by shiny things at time.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Fred said:

That's why I provided the URLs.  It was really easy to find.  Okay, it took a few more than 3 minutes like Cc said but not much more.  Certainly less than 10 minutes and that's only because I get distracted by shiny things at time.

Those damn jingle bells are distracting.

I wonder what distraction the Marietta parents will use as an excuse. 🙄

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hahaha. 

I can hardly believe that information was found directly from the Marietta school district website. 

No wonder the GHSA is standing their ground. 

Jeeze louise! 

And these people are filing injunction after injunction and threatening further action to boot. 

What a joke.

If the GHSA does not stand their ground, then they should be disbanded immediately.

The judge's ruling only states that the GHSA should give them an opportunity to appeal. The previous court hearing does not state anywhere that the GHSA by laws are unconstitutional or the punishment is unjust.

If they are allowed to appeal, the GHSA punishment can remain the same as long as they allow an appeal to take place.

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If the GHSA does not stand their ground, then they should be disbanded immediately.

The judge's ruling only states that the GHSA should give them an opportunity to appeal. The previous court hearing does not state anywhere that the GHSA by laws are unconstitutional or the punishment is unjust.

If they are allowed to appeal, the GHSA punishment can remain the same as long as they allow an appeal to take place.

Well, if a judge forces the GHSA to "not enforce their own bylaw" then he has effectively dissolved the GHSA his self. 

Without being able to create and enforce your own bylaws, there is no practical use or need for the governing body as they can no longer govern by enforcing their laws.

I thought the GHSA already allowed an appeal. Idk. 

The more this goes on the more I think these folks and Marietta straight up tried to cheat and got caught because they weren't good at it. 

I mean the rules are right there on the school districts site fcol. 

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If I'm wrong, then please explain.

You need to wake up over there and pay attention. Otherwise, you'll make foolish claims like "the kids weren't allowed an opportunity to establish eligibility in district when at least one kid left the district".

That’s because they where told they didn’t have to live in district! Man you dudes are so simple minded. What a waste of time? 

You guys are right these people got caught cheating and are fighting tooth and nail to get their kids eligible. They knew they where wrong and just want to waste money! That sound about right........GTFO!

7 minutes ago, OLB76 said:

That’s because they where told they didn’t have to live in district! Man you dudes are so simple minded. What a waste of time? 

You guys are right these people got caught cheating and are fighting tooth and nail to get their kids eligible. They knew they where wrong and just want to waste money! That sound about right........GTFO!

You damn right these people were trying to pull a smooth one. Was it the school or the parents?

They are willing to fight it out in court because they have no other alternative.

You act like this is going to cost the parents 100 grand when in reality it's probably no more than a couple thousand in attorney fees. We're not talking some murder trial.

Hell, the cheaters probably have a booster paying for it or a lawyer volunteering in the first place. You're so damn naive.

8 minutes ago, OLB76 said:

I don't recall anywhere in the rule book where "ignorance" excuses a player from playing as an ineligible player.

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, if a judge forces the GHSA to "not enforce their own bylaw" then he has effectively dissolved the GHSA his self. 

Without being able to create and enforce your own bylaws, there is no practical use or need for the governing body as they can no longer govern by enforcing their laws.

I thought the GHSA already allowed an appeal. Idk. 

The more this goes on the more I think these folks and Marietta straight up tried to cheat and got caught because they weren't good at it. 

I mean the rules are right there on the school districts site fcol. 

The GHSA allowed the school to appeal. Apparently a judge in Marietta ruled the kids should receive a seperate appeal.

The GHSA should stick to their guns on this one. If not, any body can now please "ignorance" of the by law and play wherever the hell they want without meeting the transfer requirements.

This is a huge win for metro schools if the GHSA allows eligibility and another blow to rural schools in the state.

The new AD was hired and the kid had file his homestead exemption and the Ad never sent it in so they ruled him not eligible. But he has lived in district for 8 months. Ad told Dad he was sorry and they would appeal, so they grouped him with the other boys on last appeal. So they shot all of them down!

Ok the website doesn't matter as GHSA and I'm assuming Marietta City has the same rule that if a parent works at the school the child can attend with full eligibility. Marietta City took this incorrectly and relayed it to the parents incorrectly. The parents worked at the elementary school, so both the parents and the School system thought everything was good. Come to find out, that is not the case. GHSA ruled forfeits for last years games due to ineligible player. Declaring they were ineligible last year should have allow them to be eligible this year, unless additional punishments, which seems to be within the GHSA's power. The additional punishments were to take their eligibility away this year and fine the school. Technically it can be argued that taking away their eligibility last year, full fills the requirement of sitting out one year, which allows them to be eligible this year. The rule states that the student is ineligible for 1 year after transferring.

Now this is my understanding just from a few news articles if anything is incorrect...sue me :P.

My question would be which school/coach snitched on them. It seems like there are a lot of programs trying to get other programs in trouble. 

16 minutes ago, affinity7 said:

Ok the website doesn't matter as GHSA and I'm assuming Marietta City has the same rule that if a parent works at the school the child can attend with full eligibility. Marietta City took this incorrectly and relayed it to the parents incorrectly. The parents worked at the elementary school, so both the parents and the School system thought everything was good. Come to find out, that is not the case. GHSA ruled forfeits for last years games due to ineligible player. Declaring they were ineligible last year should have allow them to be eligible this year, unless additional punishments, which seems to be within the GHSA's power. The additional punishments were to take their eligibility away this year and fine the school. Technically it can be argued that taking away their eligibility last year, full fills the requirement of sitting out one year, which allows them to be eligible this year. The rule states that the student is ineligible for 1 year after transferring.

Now this is my understanding just from a few news articles if anything is incorrect...sue me :P.

My question would be which school/coach snitched on them. It seems like there are a lot of programs trying to get other programs in trouble. 

They have to sit one year of varsity to establish eligibility. 

It's a simple rule and concept.

They played last year which means they did not sit the varsity season. 

They will have to sit it now to be eligible next year, or, in the case of a senior, they are in a terrible situation. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They will have to sit it now to be eligible next year, or, in the case of a senior, they are in a terrible situation. 

So we shouldn’t have to forfeit the games and pay money if we are swapping years.🤷‍♂️

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Being ruled ineligible last year and forfeiting games last year can be taken as sitting the varsity season since it was for the most part vacated, it could be argued.
a rule is a rule, a concept is what you make of it. :P

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A Marietta dude on the GA board tried to claim that the forfeiture of games should constitute the players sitting out because the games "technically" never happened meaning the players never played.

However, the GHSA states that the forfeiting of games changes the result to a loss, and doesn't void the game being playing. This means the players still played in 13 games that were loss. By default they still played and did not sit out.

That was one hell of a loop hole they attempted to exploit.

That poster must be OLB76 trying to put that kind of spin on things.

• Like 1