Marietta players eligible... for now

ATLien12x

9 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I’ll just say it’s convenient that they were ineligible for their game against another Georgia team but temporarily eligible while they face off against a non-GA team. 

I doubt they play until a final ruling from the GHSA.

The whole defense seems weak in my opinion. The GHSA should make them sit anyways after hearing their appeal. If not, they will have to edit the bylaws to include even more disclaimers.

If the parents decide they want to sue, they should direct their frustration towards the school system as they were the one in error and caused the kids to lose a year of eligibility.

I am also curious as to how a civil suit would play out if the kids sit a year, but still have the same scholarship offers on the table. After all, the chance of not having their college paid for is the foundation of their argument.

Just now, ECHS05 said:

That doesnt seem rational... But I guess if the coaches/team/school dont care if they have to forfeit games again.

... You see that defense last week? They gave up 51. 

Those are three starters. And big upgrades. These aren’t freshman. They know the scheme/system. They’re playing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's very simple. The GHSA doesn't want GA to go winless in their high profile OOS games this weekend with BC and SJC looming. 1-3 is better than 0-4. 

Cedar Grove vs. Hewitt-Trussville AL (@ Hoover) --- I guess CG has a small chance, but I doubt they win this.

Mays vs. Central (Phenix City) AL --- Central probably wins by 14... Mays vs Cedar Grove would be a good game but Central & HT are top 5 teams in AL.

Johns Creek @ St. John's DC --- i think we all know this result already

Good Counsel MD @ Marietta --- I have no freaking clue to be honest

Dr. Phillips FL @ Lee Co. GA --- toss up

Brunswick GA @ Bartram Trail FL --- BT probably by 10

Trinity Catholic MO @ Colquitt Co. --- Culqit b killin'

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's very simple. The GHSA doesn't want GA to go winless in their high profile OOS games this weekend with BC and SJC looming. 1-3 is better than 0-4. 

Yeah, it's definitely a conspiracy. Has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that superior court hearings only happen on set days absent of football.

I suppose the GHSA will expedite their appeal to make them eligible before Friday night just so the boys can play against GC.

You seem to be giving more and more validation to Redzone's opinion of you with every post. Come on man, you're better than that.

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If those kids play for Marietta while not living in the district and having previously established eligibility at a different school...

The GHSA will burn. The backlash is going to be outrageous. 

That or the GHSA will have to go on t.v. and burn the by law book in public. 

I think the GHSA will buckle.  Marietta High thinks the GHSA will buckle.  The affected players and their families think the GHSA will buckle.   You would expect the (3) players to suit up and go.   

And when that happens.......all bets are off with transfers.  The gates will open and it will be a shit storm.  I've often posted that I'm not sure we shouldn't just let the kids openly transfer anyway.  If we go to that....Valdosta might be able to compete again...(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If those kids play for Marietta while not living in the district and having previously established eligibility at a different school...

The GHSA will burn. The backlash is going to be outrageous. 

That or the GHSA will have to go on t.v. and burn the by law book in public. 

Only in SOWEGA will there be rioting and burnings and such, the Cobb folk outside of Marietta will pout and take their ball and go home,

MacEachern will be plotting their next move under the radar.

Regards,

BGW

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

GA posters....

Happy to say that three 7A programs registered with the PGL site this week:

NG, Parkview and Norcross. They join Marietta, Buford, Grayson, John's Creek and Cedar Grove as current clients. 2019 OOS schedules will be better than ever!! 

One of those teams even inquired about visiting BG!! Let's go!!!

Very nice pickups in NG and Norcross.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

GA posters....

Happy to say that three 7A programs registered with the PGL site this week:

NG, Parkview and Norcross. They join Marietta, Buford, Grayson, John's Creek and Cedar Grove as current clients. 2019 OOS schedules will be better than ever!! 

One of those teams even inquired about visiting BG!! Let's go!!!

vertical-shot-of-a-joyful-guy-holding-a-jar-of-cookies-in-one-hand-G3DJBP.thumb.jpg.fb17c716a59d1254f3bc20d4037f0b75.jpg

• Thanks 1

GHSA has set a new appeal meeting Friday. They will not win the new appeal. It will end up in court again and drawed out as long as possible.

No one is changeling the out of district shit with GHSA. They are changeling the process of the punishment! How can you punish people who don’t fill the forms out?  They was never afforded the right to move into district because they was told they didn’t have to. Marietta City Schools employees children are afforded the right to go to school at any city school!

You punish the school not the students! GHSA says the students have no rights! This shit is like slavery imo! Go out and play a sport so we can make money off the kids but yet they don’t have any rights! 

IMO and I have a player on the team make the fine and punishment stiffer on the school not the kids! It like your friend gets caught speeding and they fine him and take your license because you are the passenger!

just my opinion!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OLB76 said:

GHSA has set a new appeal meeting Friday. They will not win the new appeal. It will end up in court again and drawed out as long as possible.

No one is changeling the out of district shit with GHSA. They are changeling the process of the punishment! How can you punish people who don’t fill the forms out?  They was never afforded the right to move into district because they was told they didn’t have to. Marietta City Schools employees children are afforded the right to go to school at any city school!

You punish the school not the students! GHSA says the students have no rights! This shit is like slavery imo! Go out and play a sport so we can make money off the kids but yet they don’t have any rights! 

IMO and I have a player on the team make the fine and punishment stiffer on the school not the kids! It like your friend gets caught speeding and they fine him and take your license because you are the passenger!

just my opinion!

The rule states that a player must sit one year prior to playing if they have previously established eligibility at a different school.

The rest of us are awaiting the players to sit their year of varsity. 

Simple stuff.

They have not sat their year as applicable to the rules. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The rule states that a player must sit one year prior to playing if they have previously established eligibility at a different school.

The rest of us are awaiting the players to sit their year of varsity. 

Simple stuff.

They have not sat their year as applicable to the rules. 

There are rules......then...there are RULES.

I told the officer I didn't know it was a 35 mph zone.  Guess what?

Rufus>>

• Haha 1